Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 04:00:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319774 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Radiant Historia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: Radiant Historia  (Read 50076 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: March 20, 2011, 12:20:17 PM »

Honestly, so many people like aht, but her health is trash. Even with over leveling everyone, she just dies too easy. Raynie is my big magic user, her final weapon has ludicrous magic power.

@Dice, steal more. You get way more equipment than you'd think in the game, and many pieces are way more balanced later. On  Eruca and Aht, they get more magic heavy stuff, but raynie, stocke, and marco all get some nice pieces with a little bit of everything.

Yeah - I've noticed that too.  I hate Aht, she does die too easily, and her traps can be tricky to be helpful (sometimes having someone sacrifice a turn to move enemies in them).  I do credit her ability to deal awesome damage, but sometimes it just *isn't* work it.

A lot of forum people don't like Raynie and Marco - but I usually feel the safest with them.  I loved using Rosch during that Thaumatech battle.  A few level ups and he took care of those self-destructing fuckers in one hit with Gull Swing (which kills an entire row).  Eruca has potential, but I need more skills (a healing one at least) to really dig on her.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: March 21, 2011, 11:38:59 AM »

Aht seems to hold up well in normal encounters, which allows me to hold on to MP for bosses and the like, but I agree, her HP isn't meaty enough for heavy lifting. I still love her traps though. I have beter luck if I give up a couple of turns so I get my party at least 4 turns in a row so I can make a big ass pile of mobs and push them in

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 21, 2011, 12:33:18 PM »

At long last, my copy of this is shipping! Hooray!
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: March 21, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »

I think I'll hate spiders even more now that I've played this game...

I have fury!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: March 21, 2011, 12:56:01 PM »

Aht seems to hold up well in normal encounters, which allows me to hold on to MP for bosses and the like, but I agree, her HP isn't meaty enough for heavy lifting. I still love her traps though. I have beter luck if I give up a couple of turns so I get my party at least 4 turns in a row so I can make a big ass pile of mobs and push them in
Just in case you haven't tried it, replace aht with raynie and end a big combo using G Fire. Even better, keep aht in the party as well since she has that one multi hit move, it helps build combo hits fast. Ideally, Aht Raynie and Marco in a party will give you a ridiculous combo hit number if you give them a large turn gap. End a big combo with G-Fire and watch as you easily nail 2-3k damage in a single hit (Or use her third m. burst move and watch any boss die in a single combo).

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: March 21, 2011, 09:54:17 PM »

Just in case you haven't tried it, replace aht with raynie and end a big combo using G Fire. Even better, keep aht in the party as well since she has that one multi hit move, it helps build combo hits fast. Ideally, Aht Raynie and Marco in a party will give you a ridiculous combo hit number if you give them a large turn gap. End a big combo with G-Fire and watch as you easily nail 2-3k damage in a single hit (Or use her third m. burst move and watch any boss die in a single combo).

The third bursts are ridiculously powerful - great for those annoying boss battles...y'know, where a skill just knocks off such a small-teeny-tiny fraction of HP because they've good 7 buffs on them and 5 on you. <--exaggerating.

I'm still using Raynie and Marco.  They're beautifully balanced, and I love amassing 19 hit combos for the extra experience.

spikyhairjon

Let's Survive!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: March 23, 2011, 11:56:03 AM »

Just finished the game yesterday. The extra hidden boss was huge pain the in ass. The ending was perfect.
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: March 23, 2011, 12:19:05 PM »

Any suggestions on beating the second spider?

I have fury!
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 23, 2011, 12:36:17 PM »

Fired it up for the first time yesterday and almost immediately dropped several hours on it. Really cool game, I'm already itching to run home and play some more!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: March 23, 2011, 12:45:39 PM »

Any suggestions on beating the second spider?
Which one, the battle arena one?

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: March 23, 2011, 09:44:21 PM »

Wooow.  I don't know if anyone noticed this, but did Atlus add an extra zero to the experience, and subtract an extra zero to the enemy's attack, when they programmed the enemies at Sand Fortress???  AH 6th chapter, N side, the enemies give a stupid amount of experience, and deal like 1 HP of damage.  I'm not complaining, everything the last two chapters gave shitty experience and were a pain in the ass.  I'm grinding!!
Best is using Rosch's Haste Attack to add like 7 hits to the combo bar, if you chain it enough, you get a "Brilliant" 25 hit combo and easy extra experience.  Game is practically beaten.

... Only one thing that's driving me nuts!  Everyone has been vague lately!!  They wanna keep all their damned secrets...

(mind you, I saw the Heiss thing a MIIILE away; you don't give a smirking, black-clad, bald man red eyes for nothing... the game even handled his owning of the 2nd book sort of non-chalant-ly)
[/color]

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: March 23, 2011, 09:51:55 PM »

I'm stuck at the 1st Hell Spider... Should I just go back in time and grind?

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: March 23, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »

I'm stuck at the 1st Hell Spider... Should I just go back in time and grind?

First one was a bitch.  I've noticed this game is actually quite the trooper for effective status ailments.  Poison the fucker, and don't let Aht anywhere near the fight.  He was tough for me too, used a few hard-to-come-by items.  At one point it was just Rainie doing what she does, and the other two healing. 

I'm not gonna be much help, somewhere along the way I overleveled and it's been a generally smooth ride.

oh, "End of Journey" sidequest spoilers
Wow!!  Raynie's confession was almost out of the blue aside from a few subtle hints!  Her reasons are adorable and admirable though.  Sorry, the girliness in me just had to pipe-up about it...  I also loved the Marco-centered quest [with his friend Mimel or some shit] and the "bad ending" for it... take that, Stocke!!

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: March 24, 2011, 03:21:17 AM »

Just took a shot at the the guy who teaches aht stocke and eruca the pact moves. First form was easy-ish, second form destroyed me. Now bear in mind, I died one time through this whole game, and it was because of the optional boss in cygnus (the bear) because I wasn't aware he was gonna be that hard at my current level (granted, the second optional boss killed me a bunch, but I was using testing mechanics to fight him, see what I should/could do so they don't count). Nothing gave me a lot of trouble in difficulty, but this boss was HARD. 4 copies of the same dude, and my level 62 stocke with the best armor in the game and a huge defense push was taking 200 damage a hit, which is still 50 points less than my raynie or marco, who would take 2 hits and be dead basically. OH, and my third mana brst on Stocke, Dead Fencer, did a whole 7 damage to all 4 of em comboed together. Enjoy the fight everyone ^_^

TASTY!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: March 24, 2011, 01:07:49 PM »

Fought said guy again just now, not worrying about item use as much and regearing for defense/mdef. Stocke 62, Raynie and Marco 60, and after 20 minutes of elegant planning each turn, I beat him. Physical attacks are worthless, go for magic, and don't bother using your third tier bursts as they're not very damaging against these guys. I used turn break when ready, and just unloaded g spells. Stocke was my item whore, healing every turn and topping off mp/curing status effects. Raynie was nuke duty, and Marco was my ace in the hole. Emergency double heal when needed, stat buff/shield seed when not, trans-turn to Raynie when everything was smooth. I'll give a fair bit of advice to anyone who's fighting the master right now (complete with no spoilers).

Do NOT worry about using you super awesome items. If you can beat this guy, the final boss is cake. Make sure you win this fight, cuz what you get is soooooooo worth it. Good luck, and for the record, aht stinks!

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: