Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 10:11:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331726 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Radiant Historia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Print
Author Topic: Radiant Historia  (Read 53423 times)
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: April 07, 2011, 01:15:42 AM »

The game's on order for me. Still waiting for it to ship. I've been anticipating this since its announcement.

I can't get over how good the music in this game is. I was listening to the soundtrack a lot before I even played the game, but now that I'm hearing it in game it's even better.

Agreed. The soundtrack is awesome. I expect nothing less from Yoko Shimomura.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: April 07, 2011, 12:35:04 PM »

The game's on order for me. Still waiting for it to ship. I've been anticipating this since its announcement.

I can't get over how good the music in this game is. I was listening to the soundtrack a lot before I even played the game, but now that I'm hearing it in game it's even better.

I was goung to bump this topic the other day to comment on just how awesome this music is. I've been playing since the game was released.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: April 07, 2011, 01:16:16 PM »

Unfortunately, there are no copies available in Fairbanks. GameStop has really fallen through the shithole here. I don't know how it is in other cities, but the situation has deteriorated to a point where I just don't expect to find anything there anymore. Both stores are a mess, with no organization or upkeep. In the past 3 months it's gone from a completely competant business to one I just can't count on. Funny, because they always seem to be full of customers. I think we're starting to see the move towards downloadable titles really hurting them. At this rate, though, I can't see them surviving.

I'll check Play N Trade, but they're already struggling, so it's hard to imagine they would get Radient Historia in.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: April 07, 2011, 01:42:14 PM »

Great soundtrack...now I'm thinking I may want to purchase the actual soundtrack...does anyone own it? I noticed it was only 1 disc. Is the entire soundtrack good?
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: April 07, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »

Great soundtrack...now I'm thinking I may want to purchase the actual soundtrack...does anyone own it? I noticed it was only 1 disc. Is the entire soundtrack good?

It's a good soundtrack, but expect a few pieces that are "better heard in-game" because the suit the scene or environment.  You know, the non-fun/non-cool sounding THEME OF THE EVIIIL EMPIRE kinda stuff.  However, a number of tracks outshine many heard today.  If you're that curious, just youtube a few pieces.  It's short too, I'm not surprised it's one disc.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: April 07, 2011, 02:46:59 PM »

I was goung to bump this topic the other day to comment on just how awesome this music is. I've been playing since the game was released.
Aw, geez...Now my interest is piqued. As soon as people start talking about great music, I'm there. I'm impressed by all these quality handheld rpgs lately. Now if I could just find the time to play them.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »

If RPGFan would re-hold its best RPGs of the past decade, this game would be #2 for me, only behind DQVIII.

Yes, the game is that good--

JP
Zyco
Hope I'm not the old guy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: April 18, 2011, 01:13:07 PM »

I havent gotten that into the game yet.. I seem like all I do is play through the same segments and its all not that interesting right now.  I do know it picked up around 10-12 hours and I am near that in playtime so I guess I will see soon.  I would play my 3DS more but I dont seem to have the time to sit with it, I really like my PSPGos option to play the game system on my big tv - makes things so comfy.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: April 26, 2011, 12:23:05 AM »

If I were to give this game a mark out of 10, it would automatically get deducted a full mark for having a fucking sewer level in 2011.

Fuck this shit.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: April 26, 2011, 12:31:30 AM »

If I were to give this game a mark out of 10, it would automatically get deducted a full mark for having a fucking sewer level in 2011.

Fuck this shit.

Actually, this one was extremely tame.  It's essentially all East, dead-ends otherwise, head North, then head West a wee bit.  No complex switch choices, you're supposed to hit em all. :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: April 26, 2011, 12:52:59 AM »

It took me a while to find the exit, and I kept trying to explore and having shit drop on me, which was incredibly frustrating.
Sewer levels are one thing that need to be banned from RPGs.

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: April 26, 2011, 12:54:17 AM »

So long as it's done well, I don't care if it's been done before. We really wouldn't have Tales of... if it weren't for that attitude, right?

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: April 26, 2011, 12:58:00 AM »

So long as it's done well, I don't care if it's been done before. We really wouldn't have Tales of... if it weren't for that attitude, right?

Yeah but every Tales game is essentially the same generic crap anyway.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: April 26, 2011, 02:34:13 AM »

I don't understand all the hate for sewers.  They can be done well or done poorly, just like any dungeon.  I guess they do tend to be a bit more mazelike than a lot of dungeons, but I like mazes.

MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: April 27, 2011, 05:42:51 PM »

Well shoot. There go my plans for that epic Ninja Turtles RPG...

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: