Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 12:59:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335181 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Facts About You!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: Facts About You!  (Read 13257 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2010, 07:57:33 PM »

Living in Utah's like that too - public transit is definitely improving, but it's still not great, and if you live outside of the Salt Lake area, forget about it.

But I travel for my job, and spent a couple of years in NYC.  When I first went, and learned that I wouldn't have a car while I was there, I was worried.  I thought, "What will I do without a car?"  But it didn't take long before I realized that I wouldn't even WANT a car there.  And indeed, the people I knew who live in Manhattan neither had nor wanted cars.  Grown men and women didn't know how to drive or see a reason to learn.  Walking, taxis, or the buses and subway are easily the best way to get where you're going in that city.  (And I have this thing against buses and taxis, so for me, it was all about walking and the subway.)

Of course, I also knew some folks who lived there and had a license, but not a car, because it was cheaper and easier to rent one for the very few occasions when they actually want to drive somewhere outside of the city.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »

i dont drive! however i live in an old city that mostly went up before the advent of cars so its a very walk/bike friendly city

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2010, 04:20:57 PM »

I work as a radiologist in the Northridge Care and Rehabilitation Center.

Currently I am in medical school,taking Microbiology.

I own 1 house,1 apartment and 1 room at my best friend's house.

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2010, 09:57:13 PM »

Funny that this has turned into a debate about the merits of public transportation. I just moved to NYC and let me say, it's more hassle to drive than take a subway, cab, or bus. Don't like being at the mercy of this system? Get a bike. I would say just about anything is safer and faster than driving any long distance here.

Random facts about myself:

I can play the guitar with my foot. I mean, like actual chords. I strum with my right hand, hold the headstock with my left, and make the chord shapes with my right foot.

Also, I hate feet.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2010, 10:20:07 PM »

Funny that this has turned into a debate about the merits of public transportation. I just moved to NYC and let me say, it's more hassle to drive than take a subway, cab, or bus. Don't like being at the mercy of this system? Get a bike. I would say just about anything is safer and faster than driving any long distance here.

Random facts about myself:

I can play the guitar with my foot. I mean, like actual chords. I strum with my right hand, hold the headstock with my left, and make the chord shapes with my right foot.

Also, I hate feet.

Okay, you take my feet, they are useless anyway and I'll take your feet and treat them with love and respect, before I take them on the road as part of the traveling circus as "Marvelous Strumming Feet, plus Person attached to Marvelous Strumming Feet".

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2010, 12:06:50 AM »

I live in Southern Ontario, and boy does transit to get anywhere *suck ass*.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2010, 11:24:54 AM »

Funny that this has turned into a debate about the merits of public transportation.

I didn't think there was any real debate going on - it's just a question of "do you live where public transit is good and worth using, or does it suck where you live?"

As an example of people using public transit, a few years before the Salt Lake Olympics, they built a light rail system in town.  At first, there was just one line going North-South, but just before the Olympics, they got a line added that goes up to the University of Utah (where the opening ceremonies and such happened), and they're adding a bunch of new lines now.  They expected only about 15,000 riders per day, but they're getting about 3 times that many.

Actually, in 2005, they found that the underestimation of how many people would be riding was actually causing suspension problems in the trains!  Clearly, people like a useful public transit system.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2010, 03:31:35 PM »

I live in New York, 20 minutes out from Manhattan (the bronx, more specifically). I win any and all public transportation arguments.

On topic, a few (interesting) facts about myself...
I am the only person in my entire family above the age of 15 who has never smoked, done drugs, or have gotten completely drunk before (though I have had alcohol, and have gotten close, but would have passed a sobriety test, therefore not all the way).
I have naturally red hair, which changes color during the season from almost completely blonde to almost light brown, it's very strange, and (older) ladies seem to love it. I've been stopped 5 times in the last 3 years by 60-ish year old ladies who just wanted to touch it....
I once picked up the back end of a car by myself, which impressed my friends so greatly they bought me dinner (mostly because none of the chickenshits would take the bet I offered first).
For 5 years, mostly during the Buffy the Vampire Slayer years, I was madly in love with Eliza Dushku. Still find her irresistible, but not the goddess I once appreciated.
I've worked as a stagehand for the last 6 years, having done work at places like the beacon theater, madison square garden, the roseland ballroom, and the hammerstein ballroom for a few. This weekend passing, I just finished working at Randall's Island at the Electric Zoo, which is a big techno music festival thing once a year there.
On my 21st birthday, I spent the day at home with my mother, ordered chinese food for dinner (chicken with broccoli), and went to sleep at 9:15pm. It was my second best birthday ever.
I hold an unofficial record at my highschool for leg pressing 1045 lbs as a sophmore in weight training gym class. I was then removed from the class and told I couldn't work out for a week and had to complete a safety assignment because what I did was *dangerous*, though I held the weight up for a full 4 seconds before letting it in and placing the safety hooks back on it.
On the other extreme to that feat, I once tried to hit the backboard of a basketball hoop by jumping and landed on my ankle incorrectly. It twisted a full 90 degrees, cracked on the edge of my heel below the tendon, and I never hit the floor. In my infinite stupidity, I tried to stand on it, saw jesus, and fell flat on my ass. Doctor said it would be fine in 3 months. I started working again in 3 and a half weeks, and it never healed right. As such, I can no longer run due to the shape of the bone and how it healed.
My favorite fun fact about me=I bought my ps3 2 weeks after it was released for 900 dollars. My first game was Tony Hawk whichever shitty iteration it was at that point for the next gens. It was, to this day, the greatest purchase I ever made, and will never EVER sell it.

Not really a fact, but something I'd like to mention is out of all the forums I visit, this place actually seems the least flooded by morons and internet tough guys. I do enjoy my frequenting here.

TASTY!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2010, 07:13:21 PM »

I've worked as a stagehand for the last 6 years, having done work at places like the beacon theater...

Dude!  I stayed at the Beacon Hotel (they're connected, for anyone who doesn't know and can't guess) for 3 months while I was in Manhattan on business a couple of years ago.  It was a completely different experience from the rest of the time, when I stayed in the Marriott Renaissance on Times Square. :)  The theater was being renovated at the time, so I didn't get to check it out.

On the other hand, I was just a few blocks away from the Shake Shack, and that was awesome. :)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2010, 07:28:06 PM »

My gaming collection has some rarities that are worth a lot on the internet.

I have a huge collection of Sega gear from the Master System to the Dreamcast.My favorite items are the Sega Master System Joystick which works on my Atari 2600 too,my Japanese Sega Saturn with an unopened copy of Radiant Silvergun,and my Dreamcast bundled with the ultra rare Dreameye camera.

I have a Wonderswan Color with 11 games,Doom on the Jaguar,and a rare CD filled with code of Shenmue on Sega Saturn.

I am a Nintendrone and swear my life and blood to Nintendo eternally.I have all Nintendo consoles and handhelds as a result including the crappy stuff(Virtualboy,powerglove and Pikachu themed N64)

I have a girlfriend(relationship for 6 years) and two best friends who I have known for 14 years.

My family is all that matters to me and everything I do is for them(mother/father/sister).

After 2000,I got all consoles and handhelds after launch except for the PS3.I had no interest in picking one up in 2006 and 2007.

My favorite genre is the JRPG followed by the FPS.Third is the WRPG then the Tactical RPG.

I am an avid fan of Hello Kitty.I love Hello Kitty merchandise.It was during age 11 that I feel in love with Hello Kitty plushies

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2010, 08:59:13 PM »

Random fact!

So today I found out that the interactive childhood stories my brother used to play with my sister and self (there's a 9 to 10 year gap between us and him) were based on a bunch of Dragonlance and comic book references! Raistlin and Dalamar and magical Citadels... I'll never be able to read Dragonlance with a clear mind. D-:

I like to think that we saved him from a D&D dominated adolescence by going on to play the story for about four years.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2010, 07:19:06 PM »

My average morning. I wake up at 6:55 and turn off the alarm set for 7.00. Before I drift back to sleep I set it for 8.00. I wake up around 7.55 and turn it off again. Around 8.30 I look at my watch and freak out. I have a quick shower, a bowl of wheetibix if I have the time and power walk to college before the lecture begins.

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2010, 12:35:38 AM »

I have a fear of clowns and needles.
I also trolled these forums once and it seemed to have worked.
It relieved me of boredom but only for about 5 minutes seconds.
I have probably around 30 to 40 started but unfinished games to play.
I almost always avoid working on school stuff at all costs.
I tried to commit suicide once or twice because of my asshole of a dad.
I have a couple slight speech problems and I'm starting to overcome one by having that second problem.
If I invent a time machine, I will go back to this point in time to force myself to edit this post on the next line.

shit

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2010, 10:00:41 PM »

Oh, this looks like something fun I could regret later.

- I'm usually too lazy to shave, yet never buy an electric razor.
- I'm great at making acquaintances, but terrible at making friends.
- I don't drink anymore. Got drunk once and paid dearly.
- I don't have a license (failed the test twice)
- I bought a 360 for SO4... I have since named my 360 "my biggest mistake"
- I might be crazy:
->I've analyzed my own mind so deeply I know where every quirk or phobia comes from.
->I've cured my shyness and low self-esteem by role-playing myself as someone without those problems for a couple of years.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2010, 12:08:56 AM »

Got drunk once and paid dearly.
I bought a 360 for SO4...

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: