Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 03:19:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341179 Posts in 13944 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PsP)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PsP)  (Read 3222 times)
mr. nails
Total Games Beaten: 415

Playing: Dragon Quest V (DS)

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2009, 12:03:40 AM »

i've never played any of these games so i'm not sure wtf to think about this...

TGS 2009 Trailer

but this does look nice!

CG Trailer

Final Fantasy's Completed
FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV
FFVI, CC: FFVII, FFVII, FFIII
FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII & FFT
20th Anniversary
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 10:34:45 AM »

Im looking forward to this... Though i think they are ruining the KH story by making it so complex, with games everywhere ps2/DS/psp, most of my friends always forget what happened in the last game, they will be clueless when kingdom hearts 3 finally appears,... also i still dont get why they made one character just like roxas, i know there must be a reason...

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
mr. nails
Total Games Beaten: 415

Playing: Dragon Quest V (DS)

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 07:29:10 AM »

for those who haven't bought themselves a psp yet and/or just waiting for that KH model, well, now's the time!

Birth By Sleep PsP

Final Fantasy's Completed
FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV
FFVI, CC: FFVII, FFVII, FFIII
FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII & FFT
20th Anniversary
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 05:10:28 PM »

I've just seen the import review of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. I'm also playing the import version but before starting I was a little scared because my japanese is far from perfect but it's getting better as time goes. Back to the game, it's awesome!
I'm loving it! I'm playing as Aqua, mostly because of the three characters she felt easier for me, especially in her description when they said she was the expert in magic (that is keyword for me to "choose this character") but I could've also played as Ven just as nice, just Terra felt a little stiff.

I have to confess, I have not liked previous Kingdom Hearts game, not everything but especially the combat. In KH1 it was a mess to choose spells and items, some worlds felt a little dragged and I felt unfortunate because I liked the story and all (at least what I saw of it). KH2 I just played the beggining but since I had some gripes with the first I was discouraged to play it, so I passed on it.

Birth By Sleep, is not only a great game, but one of the best games I've played this year, for me it's right next to Mass Effect 2 and Bayonetta. I won't go too far since someone just reviewed the game but suffice to say that everything feels polished (maybe I'll right a review myself when I finish it). Even the minigames on it which in most RPGs are just a cheap way to get money/items or not fun in here they are quite good, not Triple Triad good(FFVIII card game) but still fun.

Putting short, I was not even a KH fan to begin with and I loved this game, I can't imagine how fans will feel about it!

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 05:14:11 PM »

Im looking forward to this... Though i think they are ruining the KH story by making it so complex, with games everywhere ps2/DS/psp, most of my friends always forget what happened in the last game, they will be clueless when kingdom hearts 3 finally appears,...

I, too, am not a fan of the direction the story is going.  I find that I'm playing the games more for the Disney characters and worlds at this point.  Despite that I couldn't bring myself to finish Days.  Birth By Sleep is a much better game.

As for the Roxas question, you'll find out.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 05:20:58 PM »

There are English patches for the game you know?
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 05:29:35 PM »

I've just seen the import review of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. I'm also playing the import version but before starting I was a little scared because my japanese is far from perfect but it's getting better as time goes. Back to the game, it's awesome!
I'm loving it! I'm playing as Aqua, mostly because of the three characters she felt easier for me, especially in her description when they said she was the expert in magic (that is keyword for me to "choose this character") but I could've also played as Ven just as nice, just Terra felt a little stiff.

I have to confess, I have not liked previous Kingdom Hearts game, not everything but especially the combat. In KH1 it was a mess to choose spells and items, some worlds felt a little dragged and I felt unfortunate because I liked the story and all (at least what I saw of it). KH2 I just played the beggining but since I had some gripes with the first I was discouraged to play it, so I passed on it.

Birth By Sleep, is not only a great game, but one of the best games I've played this year, for me it's right next to Mass Effect 2 and Bayonetta. I won't go too far since someone just reviewed the game but suffice to say that everything feels polished (maybe I'll right a review myself when I finish it). Even the minigames on it which in most RPGs are just a cheap way to get money/items or not fun in here they are quite good, not Triple Triad good(FFVIII card game) but still fun.

Putting short, I was not even a KH fan to begin with and I loved this game, I can't imagine how fans will feel about it!

that sounds like a nerdgasm waiting to happen.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 06:25:34 PM »

HAHAHA not sure what you mean but I'm laughing.
I was just surprised that a game I didn't like much in the past could be so much better with some tunning. More grown characters, less of that teenagers having ice cream and such. Not to mention the gameplay itself.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 05:45:16 AM »

, less of that teenagers having ice cream and such.

That made me stop playing 358/2 Days on numerous occasions.

It seems interesting so I will probably try it out when it comes out.
But then again I live in Europe where any bad news concerning game releases is possible.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 08:09:17 AM »

It seems interesting so I will probably try it out when it comes out.
But then again I live in Europe where any bad news concerning game releases is possible.

I wouldn't worry. Europe will get KH for sure. I'm from Australia (where we're even worse off!) and it's already available for pre-order. Collector's Edition too, apparently.

jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 10:02:51 AM »

I'm getting this game due to the gameplay impressions alone, I liked the first KH and didn't like where they went from there but this sounds like the most entertaining KH yet.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »

I beat the game today, overall it is great!
Long story short, gameplay is so much better than any other. Lot's of customizations, battle is always fun, the game isn't too easy like KH2 and can be challenging at times, visual are in my opinion better than any other KH game and it has multiple playthroughs. I'm no Kingdom Hearts fan so I can't say for the story but it was fun with good cutscenes and bosses.

From a guy that hated Kingdom Hearts I'm changing my speech and this is possibly my favorite PSP game ever.

What I'd really like to see are these characters back in another KH game, maybe the one for PS3, if it ever comes to exist.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 04:11:57 AM »

Really tempted to pre-order the collector's edition, but 358/2 Days was such a letdown! I'm a bit skeptical.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 04:26:58 AM »

Really tempted to pre-order the collector's edition, but 358/2 Days was such a letdown! I'm a bit skeptical.

I seem to be one of the few who really liked 358/2. I reckon wait to see what's in the Collectors first. Plus if you buy from somewhere like EB Games you can return it for a refund within a week if you don't like it.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 04:31:54 AM »

People seem to universally agree Birth by Sleep was great, unlike 358/2 Days. That is, I've seen people saying it's to Kingdom Hearts what Metal Gear Solid 3 was to MGS, and that's gotten me interested more than just about anything else could have.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: