Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 07:45:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331456 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Torchlight 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Torchlight 2  (Read 16665 times)
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »

Coming Spring 2011
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/04/torchlight-2-for-spring-2011/

With multiplayer, no less. Which means we'll never get that promised MP update for the first game D:
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:32:06 AM »

I loved the first a lot - I'm very much looking forward to a sequel. :)

I bet we'll get it before Diablo 3, as well. :(

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:16:44 PM »

I didn't play much Torchlight, but I thought it was pretty amazing. I'm interested to see if they will actually add more content rather than rehash Torchlight 1 content and mods just to make a bit of money. I wouldn't mind though if it sells for 20$ again though lol.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 05:21:09 PM »

The first one felt polished but a bit boring to me. It was really repetitive IMO and not challenging in a good way.
RyanHayward

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 07:49:33 AM »

I too got bored in no time at all. Very little depth and the boring level design meant I couldn't be arsed finishing it.
Totally over-rated. FATE which was the predecessor is much more charming and very challenging on the hardest difficulty.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 07:54:23 AM »

Totally over-rated.

The first one felt polished but a bit boring to me. It was really repetitive IMO and not challenging in a good way.

The only thing I found challenging was having enough health potions to spam through the lower levels.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 06:14:59 PM »

I enjoyed the first one for a good distraction from finals last year, but I haven't really played it since. Online co-op has me really excited though, since I have a bunch of friends that would probably play with me.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 10:57:56 AM »

For me, Torchlight's success was in doing so many little things right.  Sending your pet back to town to sell crap, letting your pet cast spells, making mods easy, adding another dungeon that unlocks after the first one's beaten, a shared stash to easily pass items between your characters, showing weapons' DPS rather than just overall damage and speed...

Well, heck, I gave it an 89 in my review, so clearly I liked it.  I would have scored it higher, but I felt like I should take some points off for lacking multiplayer, and because the story wasn't "epic" or anything - it was just "there."  It was a lot better than Fate's story, though! :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 12:54:19 PM »

Torchlight was my favorite game in many, many years.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 06:31:34 AM »

For me, Torchlight's success was in doing so many little things right.  Sending your pet back to town to sell crap, letting your pet cast spells, making mods easy, adding another dungeon that unlocks after the first one's beaten, a shared stash to easily pass items between your characters, showing weapons' DPS rather than just overall damage and speed...

Well, heck, I gave it an 89 in my review, so clearly I liked it.  I would have scored it higher, but I felt like I should take some points off for lacking multiplayer, and because the story wasn't "epic" or anything - it was just "there."  It was a lot better than Fate's story, though! :)
And that's a big reason why I think Torchlight 2 is going to be another success. They did all the right things to make a loot game fun and not that tedious. Along with the 20$ price tag, it's really a no brainer if you're a fan of the genre.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 01:46:22 PM »

Today is a good day for threadcromancy :).  TL2's website updates almost every Friday with new info; recently they've added basic male and female models for each of the four classes (characters will have customizable appearances in the game, natch) and images for seven of TL2's pets. Worth a look: http://www.torchlight2game.com/

...and should this thread be In the multiplayer RPGs section?

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 03:25:45 PM »

Coming Spring 2011

Man, they REALLY dropped the ball here. Had they actually met this deadline they'd have a massive hit. DIII was teasing gamers, and "the next best thing" would have sold like hotcakes. With DIII just around the corner, TL2 will just get buried. By the time DIII fever is over, TL2 will be waiting for us in the bargain bin.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:28:52 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Violette: Charming, clunky, frustrating, rewarding.
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »

So I never played Torchlight 1 but T2 sounds very interesting. Normally I'd go back and play it but, I only have so much time and already 40 hours into D3.

Can anyone who played it give me a comparison to the Diablo series and what they liked better and worse? If T2 is only $20 seems like a must buy if the praise is that high. Offline mode is also something I really want.

How detailed is the loot?

How do drops work?

How long and difficult is the game?

Thanks

(⌒▽⌒)

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 11:05:32 PM »

Torchlight II isn't out yet.  Release date still unannounced.  The beta is going on right now, though, and it's ****ing fantastic.  Here's the Torchlight II thread that was already here

I think that Torchlight is a little better than Diablo (I've put dozens of hours into all three games), but that's mostly because it's a lot more modern.  Everything is very similar to Diablo, except significantly easier with a more sensible difficulty curve.  Look, I don't want to give you a fact-storm; just visit http://www.torchlightgame.com/ and http://www.torchlight2game.com/ for detailed info you want. 

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 11:18:03 PM »

Okay, thanks.

I was kinda hoping for a fact storm.

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: