Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:42:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334803 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIII - Piano Collections a FAIL!?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII - Piano Collections a FAIL!?  (Read 1124 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:25:12 AM »

I read the review, and Patrick was very saddened by the results of this.  I'm currently awaiting the album myself.  I also took the liberty and bought the XIII Plus and it was "meh".  Believe me, I'm a HUGE fan of Hamauzu.  I'm probably one of the few people who actually loved the Dirge of Cerberus soundtrack (and the game itself).  I previewed the few songs on here and it sounded good but I hope it doesnt make me sad either,lol.  I'll say now that it wont top the SF 2 Piano Collection album......NO WAY!  Oh well, I paid $20 from otaku.com and it wont be that bad of a loss if it's not that great.  Has anyone gotten the chance to listen to it?  Im also shocked at the short list of songs chosen.  I was expecting a little more than 10 songs here,lol.  Maybe it was rushed and thats why its not getting good reviews, I don't know.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:41:16 AM »

No idea but considering the quality of the source material I'm surprised they didn't manage to make a decent piano album.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 12:05:47 AM »

No idea but considering the quality of the source material I'm surprised they didn't manage to make a decent piano album.

Yeah, that's most of what I wrestle with in the review. The OST is so good, and the talent behind the CD (Hamauzu self-arranging, Aki Kuroda from FFX Piano performing) is excellent too. It had all the right elements to be awesome. But it wasn't.

That's what I'm struggling with.

It needs to be remembered that the CD isn't awful. It's just ... not AT ALL what it could/should have been. It's something way too similar for the first KH piano, which was "big for its own sake." I hate that sound.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 03:26:49 AM »

I should be getting the album either Monday or Tuesday, i'll give you guys my opinion on it.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 03:46:44 PM »

I just got the XIII Piano Collections today.  I'm listening to it right now on my stereo.  So far, its promising.  I'll give my opinions after im done

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 04:16:10 PM »

Ok, after finishing the album, I must say that I was rather impressed.  The scores were beautifully done and I never got bored with a single song.  Track 8 "Fang's Theme is just awesome.  The only thing that pissed me off was the shortness of the album.  They could have a added a few more songs but hey whatever.  I don't disagree with the RPGFan review but I love the Piano and Hamauzu (Go ahead and call me a fanboy, I really don't care.)  The album is no SF2 Piano Pieces, that album is perfect in my eyes.  Overall, I got my moneys worth.  I now have Lords of Vermillion II to listen to now.  I'll soon be uploading my newest YouTube video with my soundtrack collection. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: