Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 03:44:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340915 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Persona music live band new album!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Persona music live band new album!  (Read 6126 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 05, 2010, 03:21:44 PM »

The songs are available on youtube if you wanna check them out. I'm not posting links because they come with a download link. Great remixes of the classics. One complaint though: give me another fucking dvd!!!!
Seriously, I loved the dvd and it seems like they did a couple of shows to record this so I'm keeping my hopes up for another dvd. The cd will do for now though.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 03:39:43 PM »

The new version of battle hymn of the soul is fucking sick!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 04:08:54 PM »

Some parts of the show are on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je8wXhfXTEU&feature=related

Why didn't I know about this? WTF is wrong with the world?

Shihoko Hirata rulz all.
Meguro > God

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »

Check out what they did with burn my dread!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47skfrPl77w&feature=related

I haven't played P3P yet but Mayumi Fujita just found a new fan. Fantastic voice. Love that smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuR8E-OMvJs&NR=1
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 04:31:46 PM by CDFN » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 04:47:07 PM »

The play-asia link I posted is missing the live songs, these are the tracks:

Persona Music Live 2009 Velvetroom in Wel City Tokyo
01 P3 fes
02 Soul Phrase
03 Never More
04 Wiping All Out

Persona Music Live Band
01 Battle for Everyone's Souls
02 Burn My Dread
03 Mass Destruction
04 Soul Phrase
05 Mist
06 Heaven
07 Time
08 Soul Drive
09 Breakin' Through
10 Reach Out To The Truth
11 Kimi no Kioku
12 Party for Everyone's Souls

4 live tracks from the new gig and 12 studio remixes.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 07:04:40 PM »

That Burn my Dread rendition was pretty cool.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 01:17:42 PM »

By the way, there are two new arrangements on the Persona Compilation CD I & II. One's a new take on Heartful Cry, the other on I'll Face Myself.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 02:26:48 PM »

Those youtube vids seem to indicate that there will be a new dvd. I can't get enough of a way of life, Mayumi Fujita's singing is amazing in that video, nice solo by Meguro.

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 10:47:51 PM »

Those youtube vids seem to indicate that there will be a new dvd. I can't get enough of a way of life, Mayumi Fujita's singing is amazing in that video, nice solo by Meguro.

Wait, another DVD besides the Wel City one? There have been so many releases lately that I'm somewhat lost.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 12:03:56 AM »

an FYI to all the rabid SMT fans.

While we don't cover DVD releases, we will cover the official CD release of the "Live Band" album, as well as Persona Compilation I and II, on the soundtracks section. Give us a bit of time, reviews are on the way.

They will, of course, come with audio samples in our lovely outdated real audio format. :P

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 04:19:55 PM »

Wait, another DVD besides the Wel City one? There have been so many releases lately that I'm somewhat lost.

Damn, I thought that only the cd was available and that the dvd would be released later. That's why I said that those videos seemed like footage for an upcoming dvd. I just had no clue that they were doing another show and release a new cd and dvd.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 04:28:29 PM »

I found the limited edition dvd on playasia, ordering it now. As someone who still watches the akasaka blitz dvd on a regular basis I'm frustrated to only find out about this release a month after it hit stores.

They're doing another tour right now!

August 6th, 2010 (Friday) Osaka BIG CAT (Seating at 18:00, starts at 19:00)

August 7th, 2010 (Saturday) Nagoya E.L.L (Seating at 17:00, starts at 18:00)

August 14th, 2010 (Saturday) SHIBUYA-AX (Seating at 17:00, starts at 18:00)

Man, they did 2 shows this weekend and will be doing another one next saturday. I wish I could see this. So I guess another cd/dvd combo is on the way. Judging by the previous 2 it should take about a year for it to hit stores. Wouldn't it be cool if Meguro-san played a track from persona 5 on these shows? I'm pretty sure he must have written some music for the game by now.
Does anyone here know about a site (in english) where I can keep up with these guys? I wonder if anyone posted impressions from these 2 shows anywhere...

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 05:57:51 PM by CDFN » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »

My dvd is finally here, the limited edition comes with a cd with the 4 live tracks I mentioned above, they are not on the album like I read somewhere. There's also a ticket for the 2010 shows, I wish I could use it.
The show is great, similar to the akasaka blitz but the set is pretty different.
It sounds really good, the bass is really up there in the mix and sounds really crisp, the snare sounds great, I love Meguro's tone. There aren't any extras but I wouldn't be able to understand any of it anyway, I wish I could understand what they say between songs, they sure laugh a lot so it must be funny.  
Anyway, there's some serious talent and skills on that stage.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:41:03 PM by CDFN » Logged

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 02:15:21 PM »

i personally liked their first live album more, that may just be me though. I do not like the hall acoustics muffling the sound on the new album.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 03:02:33 PM »

Of all the music live stuff they made I only liked the new version of The Almighty, nice piano and sax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: