Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 04:20:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319660 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Persona music live band new album!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Persona music live band new album!  (Read 5597 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 03:27:13 PM »

i personally liked their first live album more, that may just be me though. I do not like the hall acoustics muffling the sound on the new album.

I like this set more than the first one, not sure what you mean with the acoustics, sounded fine to me.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 03:36:19 PM »

Of all the music live stuff they made I only liked the new version of The Almighty, nice piano and sax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4

What?! I think every single song is better in its live rendition. It's not even a contest. The sax in heaven, the guitar solos in your affection, just the fact that everything is played by real instruments makes it sound a lot better than in the game's ost. The original versions sound like some basic demos for the actual songs compared to the live versions. How can you appreciate the piano and sax in the almighty and say that you like the other songs better without them specially considering how much they add to the songs? That's crazy man.

I don't remember hearing "found me" when I was watching the trinity soul anime but the song is amazing, that was a good choice for the live shows.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 03:50:20 PM »

i personally liked their first live album more, that may just be me though. I do not like the hall acoustics muffling the sound on the new album.

I like this set more than the first one, not sure what you mean with the acoustics, sounded fine to me.

it sounds extremely muffled in some songs for instance the lady who sings the opera part in "battle for everyone's souls" is almost completely drowned out you can  barely hear her.

its no where near as clear as -PERSONA​ MUSIC​ LIVE​- Velvetroom​ in AKASAKA​ BLITZ version. I also like that version's guitar tone alot more.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:54:38 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 04:00:28 PM »

I'll have to listen to both back to back but extremely muffled is a grotesque exaggeration.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 07:57:43 AM »

it sounds extremely muffled in some songs for instance the lady who sings the opera part in "battle for everyone's souls" is almost completely drowned out you can  barely hear her.

its no where near as clear as -PERSONA​ MUSIC​ LIVE​- Velvetroom​ in AKASAKA​ BLITZ version. I also like that version's guitar tone alot more.

You know what's funny? They didn't play "battle for everyone's soul" at Wel City.

Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 05:24:54 PM »

track 1
http://vgmdb.net/album/14033

track 27 goes under  全ての人の魂の戦い on my winamp
http://vgmdb.net/album/18940

« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:34:58 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 05:36:34 PM »

track 1
http://vgmdb.net/album/14033

track 27 goes under  全ての人の魂の戦い on my winamp
http://vgmdb.net/album/18940

how does that crow taste.

Nope, I have the dvd right here in my drive and the last song (26 キミの記憶) is the song that plays during the credits of Persona 3.
27 閉幕 is the credits.

So yeah, keep making a fool out of yourself or try to actually buy the dvd.

Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 05:46:36 PM »

i will buy the dvd  the next paycheck i get. You 1,  me nothing. i guess that track was burned from the encore. congratuations well played.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 05:47:21 PM »

A bit too late to edit your post there, it's in my quote.

So I guess you wont be explaining how a song they didn't play at Wel City sounds worse than it sounded at Akasaka Blitz.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 05:48:46 PM »

they did play the track it was part of the encore if it wasn't against board rules i could mu the track
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 06:00:00 PM »

they did play the track it was part of the encore if it wasn't against board rules i could mu the track

But you were saying that the dvd has bad sound quality and gave that song as an example when the song isn't on the dvd. If they played the song on the 2009 tour or not is irrelevant in this discussion.
Just forget it, I want people to talk about Meguro's music in this thread, enough of pointless discussions, I'm sure you can give a good contribution here.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 07:49:26 AM »

Anyway, if they did play BFES at Wel City it's a shame they cut it, well they played 9 new songs so I guess something had to go. The song from trinity soul's ending credits was my least favorite on akasaka blitz so I'm glad they didn't include it again but BFES is a shame.
But I still like this set more because the stuff from P3P is great (Mayumi Fujita FTW). Dream of butterfly is another one I love.

Since we're talking about BFES, what did you think of the new album version Chronix?

Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 11:27:13 AM »

But you were saying that the dvd has bad sound quality and gave that song as an example when the song isn't on the dvd. If they played the song on the 2009 tour or not is irrelevant in this discussion.
Just forget it, I want people to talk about Meguro's music in this thread, enough of pointless discussions, I'm sure you can give a good contribution here.

hold on now, i never once commented on the dvd  I  commented on the album which was released June 23, 2010. Its not the quality, all the quality in the world can't help, if  the concert hall effects the sound.  Back on topic. Shihoko Hirata's   English vocals have improved  alot over her AKASAKA​ BLITZ performance. check your private messages, dude.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 01:26:57 PM »

hold on now, i never once commented on the dvd  I  commented on the album which was released June 23, 2010. Its not the quality, all the quality in the world can't help, if  the concert hall effects the sound.  Back on topic. Shihoko Hirata's   English vocals have improved  alot over her AKASAKA​ BLITZ performance. check your private messages, dude.

I thought you were talking about the dvd, my bad. I'm not sure the album can be considered live, was that really recorded during a live performance? It sounds more like a studio record to me. I was under the impression that they recorded these new versions in the studio and not live.

OK, get ready for this: both the satashi theme and BFES are hidden easter eggs on the dvd. Man, I can't believe they actually neglected putting one of their strongest tracks on the dvd's official tracklist. I only found them because I was running the dvd through dvdshrink to make a copy to play on my PS3 (region lock). I don't even know how you unlock these on your dvd player. Holy crap.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »

I thought that cutting the second encore was weird but I just couldn't find the damn songs on the dvd, I never thought they would actually hide them. Well, I'm glad they're on it, that's a total 27 songs, not bad.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:59:10 PM by CDFN » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: