Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 05:44:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327264 Posts in 13401 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Persona music live band new album!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Persona music live band new album!  (Read 5750 times)
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 10:31:31 PM »

I thought you were talking about the dvd, my bad. I'm not sure the album can be considered live, was that really recorded during a live performance? It sounds more like a studio record to me. I was under the impression that they recorded these new versions in the studio and not live.
OK, get ready for this: both the satashi theme and BFES are hidden easter eggs on the dvd. Man, I can't believe they actually neglected putting one of their strongest tracks on the dvd's official tracklist. I only found them because I was running the dvd through dvdshrink to make a copy to play on my PS3 (region lock). I don't even know how you unlock these on your dvd player. Holy crap.
[/quote]

they are were recorded live.  Glad you found the songs, i'll probably try to buy the dvd this week, if bills don't get in the way.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:43:24 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 11:52:44 PM »

when i was saying the sound  is muffled  i in no means  mean the album is bad  I am just spoiled from AKASAKA​ BLITZ being a damn near flawless live recording.  Wet City still beats most live albums.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 09:31:53 AM »

So, where is that review of the new album? I think it's awesome, some songs are so different from their original versions and even from how they play them on the dvds but it works really well.
I have hard time considering this a live album though, if this was indeed recorded live there is a lot of editing and post production. After having seen them perform these songs live on 2 different shows I can easily tell the difference. As flawless as Kawamura and Hirata are on most songs they just don't sing "memories of you" and "reach out to the truth" like that. Kawamura always needs to catch her breath during "memories of you", that shit is impossible to pull off like in the studio version.

I'm addicted to the dvds though, watching them puts me in a good mood, the energy that you feel coming from that stage is contagious.
"Found me" is such a great song, Kawamura is an amazing singer. I really love those Persona 4 medleys they do, Hirata is amazing on "your affection".
I'm not a fan of hip hop/rap but that Lotus Juice guy really dominates the stage.
Meguro really lets the singers shine, you'd think that he's just another guitarrist in the band, he only gets the spotlight during "the almighty" and BFES.

I hope he uses all the female singers on Persona 5, that would be awesome, we definitely need more Fujita, she is great.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:34:07 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »

So, where is that review of the new album?

still workin on it. :)

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 04:27:08 AM »

Do you agree with what I said? What's your take on it?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 05:41:22 AM »

I still haven't been able to find the setlists for the 2010 shows. Does anyone have any info about these shows?

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 11:06:37 PM »

Do you agree with what I said? What's your take on it?

You'll have to wait for the review!!!

(generally though I think we're seeing eye-to-eye)

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2010, 07:08:48 PM »

I finally found the setlist of the 2010 shows:

01 – “The Battle for Everyone’s Souls” (Persona 3)
02 – “Mass Destruction” (Persona 3)
03 – “P3 fes” (Persona 3 FES)
04 – “Want To Be Close” (Persona 3)
05 – “When The Moon’s Reaching Out Stars” (Persona 3)
06 – “Burn My Dread” (Persona 3)
07 – “Mist” (Persona 4)*
08 – “Soul Phrase” (Persona 3 Portable)
09 – “Breakin’ through” (Persona ~Trinity Soul~)
10 – “Pursuing My True Self” (Persona 4)
11 – “Your Affection” (Persona 4)
12 –“Heartbeat, Heartbreak” (Persona 4)
13 – “Signs Of Love” (Persona 4)
14 – “Your Affection” (Persona 4)
15 – “Heaven” (Persona 4)
16 – “Backside Of The TV” (Persona 4)*
17 – “Burn My Dread -Last Battle-” (Persona 3)
18 – “Soul Drive” (Persona ~Trinity Soul~)
19 – “Deep Breath Deep Breath” (Persona 3)
20 – “Reach Out To The Truth” (Persona 4)
21 – “Found Me” (Persona ~Trinity Soul~)
22 – “Memories of You” (Persona 3)

Encore

23 – “Party for Everyone’s Souls” (Persona Music Live Band)*
24 – “Brand New Days” (Persona 3 FES)*
25 – “Satomi Tadashi Pharmacy’s Theme 2009” (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona)
26 – “Reach Out To The Truth” (Persona 4)

*New songs

I guess Fujita wasn't available for these shows because I don't see wiping all out and a way of life on the setlist, that's a real shame. I'm checking the official site and she isn't listed in 2010's line up so I guess it's true.

According to the blog where I got the setlist they said that they would be back next year. I'm really glad that they are having so much success.

It seems like they didn't play the almighty.
I'm curious to hear mist and backside of the tv.

Here's the link to a blog with a report from the show and some very cool pics http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9048121

« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 07:13:40 PM by CDFN » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »

"Isolated shouts from members of the audience for "Persona 5" were met by tense silence as the musicians departed the stage."

Let's hope that by the time they do the 2011 tour we'll have some info regarding P5, maybe Meguro will surprise us with a song from the game, last year they played the P3P songs before the game itself hit stores.

Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2010, 02:18:38 PM »

I bought the Wet City Tokyo limited edition dvd from Play Asia yesterday. Hopefully i will recieve it within three weeks.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2010, 04:12:46 PM »

I bought the Wet City Tokyo limited edition dvd from Play Asia yesterday. Hopefully i will recieve it within three weeks.

I also bought the limited edition from play asia. I just watched the encore, the satoshi theme performance is hilarious, the song is really catchy though and Hirata looks very cute in that outfit, then the Man himself takes center stage to play the battle for everyon'es soul, fucking epic.
Looking at the setlists of all shows, Wel City is definitely my favorite.

Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 01:58:57 AM »

I got the dvd today and is watching it in bits and pieces. One thing for sure is Shihoko Hirata is HOT! DVD is better sound quality then the cd which is a plus. I just wish it had dolby digital or dts sound, although that is mostly fixed, due to my sound card being able decently emulate those formats.Watching Shoji Meguro play almighty live is awesome.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 04:07:55 AM »

I got the dvd today and is watching it in bits and pieces. One thing for sure is Shihoko Hirata is HOT! DVD is better sound quality then the cd which is a plus. I just wish it had dolby digital or dts sound, although that is mostly fixed, due to my sound card being able decently emulate those formats.Watching Shoji Meguro play almighty live is awesome.

Yeah, like I said, the dvd does sound good. More audio options would've been great though, no doubt.
Hirata is very cute, those looks combined with her voice are a killer combo.
Same goes for Fujita, that smile is gorgeus, like I said it's a shame she isn't a permanent member of the band. All the musicians are very talented. I really like that more jazz oriented part where they play living with determination and burn my dread. This is actually my favorite version of BMD because it combines the best of both worlds. The version on the new album is completely jazz oriented, on the dvd it's only the first half and then they go back to the normal version, it's really good.
The whole thing is a joy to watch, I can't get enough of it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: