Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 01:07:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327653 Posts in 13413 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Would you like to see a comeback for the SaGa series?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Would you like to see a comeback for the SaGa series?  (Read 7550 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2010, 02:25:26 AM »

With the "revival" of Parasite Eve I've been thinking a little if people would like to see at least the SaGa Frontier games on the PlayStation Store or better yet, a new game.

The last game that was released is SaGa 2: Goddess of Destiny for the Nintendo DS, it was a cool looking remake with a rather disappointing sountrack to be honest. But all in all it was a decent game. Anyway, moar SaGa? Yes or no my good boy/girl?
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 03:30:41 AM »

OK, the only SaGa games I own are SaGa Frontier 1 and 2 .  I haven't finished the 1st one as It took me 13 years to find it.  Ive owned 2 since 2000 and Ive beaten it once but LOVED IT!!!!!   I think I would like to see a SaGa Frontier 3 happen if possible.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »

I love the SaGa series, except for when it sucks (see UNLIMITED:SaGa).

I want more games in the series. I'd like a "SaGa Frontier 3" as proposed by the last poster.

Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 01:00:58 PM »

I would like to see another SaGa game. I thought Romancing Saga was a great way to bring Saga to the PS2, maybe one day they will make a next gen Saga game.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 01:04:16 PM »

I've never played UNLIMITED SaGa or Romancing SaGa but whats kinda funny is that I own the soundtracks for Romancing SaGa 1-3 and I have a digital copy of UNLIMITED SaGa and they are excellent.  I was thining of buying Romancing SaGa for the PS2, it looked kinda cool.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Larahl

Say, fuzzy pickles.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 02:01:58 PM »

I've never played UNLIMITED SaGa or Romancing SaGa but whats kinda funny is that I own the soundtracks for Romancing SaGa 1-3 and I have a digital copy of UNLIMITED SaGa and they are excellent.  I was thining of buying Romancing SaGa for the PS2, it looked kinda cool.

You gotta try the PS2 remake of Romancing SaGa.
It's an amazing game. Especially if you like SaGa Frontier.

I would love to see the SaGa series make a return. And I hope that the DS remake of SaGa 2 did well in Japan (and also, will do well outside of it) to make them do a new title.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:05:13 PM by Larahl » Logged

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »

Agreed about the PS2 remake of Romancing SaGa, I loved it to death.

And yes, I'd be happy to see a revival of the series, assuming it's done well. It probably would end up being on the DS though, and I don't know if I'd be happy or not with that.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 05:57:41 PM »

OK, thanks for the info.  I think Walmart.com had Romancing SaGa new for $20.  I may check it out. 

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 06:00:58 PM »

I would like to see another SaGa game. I thought Romancing Saga was a great way to bring Saga to the PS2, maybe one day they will make a next gen Saga game.

That one day was years ago.

It's call The Last Remnant and you should play it (on the PC).

That said, they really need to do a remake of Romancing SaGa 2 stat.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 06:18:04 PM »

I was wanting to get into The Last Remnant but I heard the 360 version is plagued with glitches and slowdowns and a PS3 port is out of the question.  I would like to buy the PC version, but is it any difference in the framerate?  Or is the PC version superior in every way?

Which Romancing SaGa games have been translated?  Was it just 3?

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 06:56:48 PM »

that would be a good chance for me to try that series, and I'd love to give it a chance since I still haven't played any of those games

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 07:18:47 PM »

From what Ive played of SaGa Frontier, I absolutely loved it but I was having a hard time with it and stopped.  I may try it again, but no way I hate it, unlike most people.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 11:34:51 PM »

Yes, I would.

Very much.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 11:46:24 PM »

The original saga frontier was a huge letdown for me. It promised a dragon quest 4 style scenario. It delivered the same game 7 times.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 12:31:33 AM »

I was wanting to get into The Last Remnant but I heard the 360 version is plagued with glitches and slowdowns and a PS3 port is out of the question.  I would like to buy the PC version, but is it any difference in the framerate?  Or is the PC version superior in every way?

Which Romancing SaGa games have been translated?  Was it just 3?

PC all the way. There are no other versions.

Also PS2's RS is RS1. No other RS game has made it out of Japan.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: