Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 09:32:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334415 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc)  (Read 6771 times)
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 10:29:47 PM »

Quote from: "Mana Knight"
Quote from: "Dice"
I love Level 5...but in terms of portable, the DS still seems the better way to go.  We'll see how this goes, but.... =/
I disagree, because I feel the PSP is great for portability too.  But since this is a Level 5 game, it shouldn't be a surprise their game is ending up on a Playstation platform.

Isn't Level 5 owned by Sony?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 10:48:11 PM »

Quote from: "MonCapitan2002"
Quote from: "Mana Knight"
I love Level 5...but in terms of portable, the DS still seems the better way to go.  We'll see how this goes, but.... =/
I disagree, because I feel the PSP is great for portability too.  But since this is a Level 5 game, it shouldn't be a surprise their game is ending up on a Playstation platform.

Isn't Level 5 owned by Sony?

I don't think so. But they probably have some agreements with them and whatnot, or are funded by them.
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 12:46:39 AM »

Not meaning games. Just the countless movies, stories based upon, etc.

I don't really think there's countless movies done about Joan of Arc. If there is they all must be pretty obscure.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 02:00:40 AM »

Nope, Level 5 is an independent developer. If they were owned by Sony Computer Entertainment, they would not have been able to develop Dragon Quest VIII for Square Enix and the cancelled True Fantasy Live Online for Microsoft. It's just that they have enjoyed a very good relationship with Sony Computer Entertainment since their foundation which makes me believe that their second game will probably be a PlayStation 3 game.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 04:02:09 AM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
Whoo, now I finally get to kill the English!

*Stares at Deg and Gately and Myau.*

They should modernise the story, Joan of Arc vs. The Chavs. Now that I'd buy :P

Seriously though, it's an interesting idea. I still have no intention of getting a PSP though.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 09:25:55 AM »

I've heard the Japan enjoys the androgenous characters or y'know the cross-dressing type (a la Albel [SO3], Van [FF12], Mithos [ToS], etc.) ...Do ya s'pose the idea of Joan of Arc would therefore be appealing to them?? (I say this half jokingly)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 01:02:14 PM »

I've heard the Japan enjoys the androgenous characters or y'know the cross-dressing type (a la Albel [SO3], Van [FF12], Mithos [ToS], etc.) ...Do ya s'pose the idea of Joan of Arc would therefore be appealing to them?? (I say this half jokingly)

If you look at Visual Kei bands like Malice Mizer, Moi Dix Mois and Dir en Grey, you would see that Japan is into cross dressing.I don't really know how mainstream these bands are in Japan. I've seen interviews with them on talk shows,so I imagine these bands are fairly popular.

When I first saw the guitarist for Malice Mizer, I couldn't tell if it was guy or a girl.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 02:46:27 PM »

Level 5 would have to make Joan male. :P  I personally think the game could be pretty decent depending on the interpretation of the story, but I don't have and likely won't be getting a PSP for a while (if it all).

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 02:16:50 PM »

Since it wasn't in the new story, look here. Has a trailer of the game, and uhh... I don't think this is going to be historically accurate by /any/ stretch of the imagination. :P
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 03:20:43 PM »

looks almost completely unoriginal.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 03:39:17 PM »

*sigh*

What's the fucking deal with the japanese and Windows media? They always use it for their trailers, even though it's CRAP. Can't they use QuickTime like normal people?

Anyway, the words Level 5 and strategy RPG in the same sentence = BLISS.

And yeah, judging from the trailer it's not going too be too original or anything. Did anyone else think that the overall design of the battlefields/overworld map look a LOT like Final Fantasy Tactics?
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 03:50:19 PM »

That was my first impression as well. Even though apparently Level 5 is implementing some original systems in the battle engine. Personally, I don't care whether a game is original or not, as long as it's good.
People complain about a lack of original titles on PlayStation Portable, and then if somebody finally ends up making an original RPG like in this case Level 5, it's not original enough :P.
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 04:44:24 PM »

This looks like the same thing I've seen almost every time in a fantasy jrpg. It just looked very generic.

Maybe I seem cynical, but after playing these kinds of games for years it just gets tiring to see the same thing over and over. It's sort of like holywood film, recycled ad naueseum.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 06:23:05 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
Quote from: "Losfer"
Whoo, now I finally get to kill the English!

*Stares at Deg and Gately and Myau.*

They should modernise the story, Joan of Arc vs. The Chavs. Now that I'd buy :P

Seriously though, it's an interesting idea. I still have no intention of getting a PSP though.

French chavs.

Wee are heer to, uhh, steal your cheese, mon ami.  An in zee process, wee will, uhh, merk your supplies of zee wine as well.

*Watches French chavs attack French police with croissants.*

I think this game looks fucking great.  Just a nice little SRPG that reminds me of FFT and SF.  Looks simple, but simple is good.

I like her poncy haircut as well.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 11:49:06 PM »

People complain about a lack of original titles on PlayStation Portable, and then if somebody finally ends up making an original RPG like in this case Level 5, it's not original enough :P.

Well said!

i just watched the trailer and loved it. Level5 developing a strat RPG looks to be a good match.

Also, for ppl who said "should be on DS..." why? What purpose would the touch screen and/or dual screen serve? Also, anime cutscenes <3. I'm glad PSP will be getting a *really* good RPG.

Ramza

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: