Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:54:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319740 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Let's design the most cliche RPG story ever
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Print
Author Topic: Let's design the most cliche RPG story ever  (Read 30392 times)
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: October 03, 2010, 12:17:30 PM »

Posts 205-220

And so our heroes arrive at the fortress, only to find that the gate is wide open, and that standing there is an old black man, though we know him as Richard. Using his incredible powers of wind manipulation, he creates a heavy gust, which blows the entire party straight into the castle, along with the mysterious stranger, who was heading to the castle as well, running in fact, and he managed to arrive as the gust started. And with everything in place Nomad sets his plan into motion; Hero's party, and Nomad's posse, get sucked into a a magic portal, and are transported into a pocket dimension; a replica of a small portion of the world from hundreds of years ago. (Full scene at link http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=8002.msg148006#msg148006.)

Hiro's party, which now includes the stranger, finds themselves atop a field of dandelions, but in the distance, they can see a blacktop road, leading to a modern/futuristic city, with the stranger calling it 'New Fork City'.

Meanwhile, Nomad's posse finds themselves on the opposite hill. Their orders were to keep track of Hiro's group, as well as to see what happened many years ago themselves. Nomad and Chad know, but the other 5 don't, so Chad, Paul, and the rest head off to New Fork City.

The next few bits are...stupid confusing. Hiro's party finds a huge tower in the middle of nowhere, as well as Rosa. (Whom I think we all forgot was with the heroes from then on. Gonna' have to deal with her when we're done with the recap.) Paul's group also happens upon it. And to get away, they fight Hero's group, though nothing much comes of it.

And so the randomness is momentarily halted, as Hiro's group climbs the tower, only to meet Luna's past self; a crazy scientist, performing cruel experiments. (Who has a small backstory as to why later on. Luna at first rejects her past self, but thanks to words of encouragement from Bob, she decides to stand up to it and FIGHT! And she does, resulting in a boss battle. They win, Luna accepts her past self, and Past Luna gives Luna her power. And to end the recap, here's a line that I think just about everyone mentally retconned out of existence:

'Suddenly Barack Obama appears.'

Yeah, that never happened.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:27:43 PM by badsanta » Logged
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: October 03, 2010, 02:13:51 PM »

Posts 221- 253

And Barack Obama suddenly disappears.  I guess he was just a brain fart from the dreamer/creator of this wacky dream sequence world.  Those things pop up every now and then.  

Sasuke then falls into a trap and makes a melodramatic speech, but in true RPG cliche fashion, he's the only one who thinks he's dead.  Miles then has to take a leak, but opening up the interdimensional poopy pot in this dimension created a vortex that instantly blasts him to a jail cell in New Fork City where his cellmate is a crazy man vigorously stroking a rat he calls Lucy.  

Meanwhile, everyone's waiting for Miles who's been gone more than usual.  Raul scolds Taressa for letting her mind wander and Hiro (with a nudge from Bob) says, "Let's split up, gang."  Hiro, Bob, Mary, Luna, and Mysterious Stranger (who later answers to Gregory) decide to go to New Fork while Taressa, Raul, and Mario stay behind and wait for Miles.  

Meanwhile, Nomad's posse arrives at New Fork City and wonders at its marvel.  How could a historical civilization like this be so advanced compared to their more backwater present?  

There's another Barack Obama brainfart and the creators argue about the smooth integration of pop culture references.  

Sasuke wakes up in Nomad's room and they enjoy a turkey dinner and delightful conversation.  

Cut back to Miles and his crazy cellmate.  Crazy man is clearly delusional and spouting nonsense, but Miles' mention of the name Bob jolts crazy man enough to mention a library, and an escape plan is hatched.  

Hiro's party arrives at New Fork City and Gregory activates Bob, but Bob's strong will keeps him from freaking out too much.  Bob's past self is not far away.  

Taressa's still bored out of her mind at waiting, but Raul smells something.  Then like an ominous dark presence, Balrog emerges in this giant demonic biomechanical suit of armor that shoots tentacles out at Taressa, whose reaction is, "Tentacles?!  Really?!  What kind of perverted fantasy *is* this anyway?  Everyone's kept telling me this isn't *that* kind of game!"  While this banter is going on, Balrog ingests Raul who hopes to give the monster a bellyache from the inside.  

Sasuke and Nomad continue to view the parties through a magic portal while continuing to dine on turkey and wine.  

Miles and Crazy Man escape their prison cell through a loose floorboard behind a toilet, trawl through a sewer, kill a giant mutant rat, and emerge in the library.  

Nomad's posse offers a Cold War history lesson and decide to head off to the library.  

Miles and Crazy Man emerge in the library where MagiBob (looks like Crazy Man was right about the evils of Bob!) awaits with a more expanded history lesson of the Cold War.  Just as BobM was about to engulf Miles and Crazy Man, Nomad's posse bursts in!  Hiro and his party casually stroll into the library.  

There is a stylish battle between Taressa, Raul, and the Balrog-biomech thing.  After the battle, Raul and Taressa find Mario fitfully sleeping behind a pile of rubble and Raul is befuddled that Taressa actually has some nurturing instincts toward the kid.  Mario suddenly has a vision and leads Raul and Taressa to New Fork via a shortcut through an abandoned mine, en route to the library.  (I especially love how Taressa enters the library in 254.)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 05:18:21 PM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: October 03, 2010, 09:20:03 PM »

2-54-257 (Yes, it's only a few posts, but there's a lot of information to cover.)

Bob and Past Bob (BobM) have a riveting argument about their identifies between themselves. And right after that, Mario's group pops out right under BobM. The whole duo of scenes can be found at http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=8002.msg149370#msg149370

BobM is now pissed; understandable, what with all of the recent crazy occurrences in his precious library. You fight a boss battle against him, but beating him is not a true victory, story-wise. upon beating him, a machine from behind him shoots out an incredibly powerful blast of energy, defeating everyone in the room. BobM then asks about Nomad, though since it's the past Bob, he's obviously referring to past Nomad. He locks everyone up in the brig for the time being, but Hiro has a confrontation with a stupid guard and swipes the keys.

Hiro then goes around freeing everybody, except for Nomad's posse which managed to escape by themselves in the confusion to follow, and Miles and Crazy man, who were able to find their own way out thanks to Crazy Man's ability to find loose bricks behind toilets. But Hiro and Co. still find Miles and Crazy Man, confronted by a group of guards. It's then revealed that Crazy Man is actually Past Miles, (hey, they don't have to be the same age.) and one of the gaurds shoots Crazy Miles in the back. They have touching farewell scene, which can be fully seen at http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=8002.msg149541#msg149541

After that whole scene has finished, we go back to Nomad and Sasuke, looking through the portal. Anyway, Nomad unleashes an INFODUMP. In the world of the past, Nomad played a large role, being the owner of a powerful weapons cooperation, that combined magic and technology to create devices of vast power. (Sort of like our world's Nukes and H-Bombs, in terms of how much sheer devastation they can cause.) However, the Goverment forced Nomad to work with Bob, regardless of how much he didn't want to. Present Nomad is then about explain that Past Nomad had a plan of his own, coming out of the possibly of the Cold War turning Hot, but Sasuke then brings up a good point; "Wait, wait. If the reason for the world's destruction wasn't anyone particular, why would you need Hiro, or, how would the reincarnates of my party fit into this?"

Here's the full story of Past employees in an understandable order; when Past Hiro and Rosa were kids, they spent their early childhood together, but eventually, Hiro's family moved to Atlantis, before the Cold War began. Fast forward to their adult years; Rosa joined Nomad's company, as a human experiment, to try to hold vast power. (Guess where the method to create Mario came from.) This was attempted previously with a prior employee, Luna, but the experiments drove her mad, which led to go out into the wilderness, finding that huge tower from earlier, and making that her home. The awry experimentations also caused her to see visions of the future, which is why she knew Present Luna was her future self.

While all this was going on, Hiro was growing up in Atlantis, and as such, felt that was his home, so much that he joined their intelligence Operations, becoming a spy, and his first mission was to infiltrate Nomad's company, posing himself as an employee.

badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: October 04, 2010, 02:00:24 PM »

First off, one important thing we neglected to mention is what BobM was doing; he was creating a machine which, when activated, would drain the essences of everyone in new Fork City, and by doing so, allow them to be reincarnated again and again. But the first step is everyone's life essences being drained, so it's not as great as it seems. Go to Pg.17 for full details.

Posts 258-265

Hiro and the group head to the science-ey part of the Library, and Miles uses his past-selves memories as a top-personal of the facility to enter. Crazy Miles had a falling out with BobM in the past, which led him to the jail cell. Anyway, they access the index, which contains the data of everyone registered into the machine. Only those registered can have their essences drained. They find that Raul, Teressa, and Mary all have past selfs as well, with Terressa's paste self owing a bar. But Hiro's past self doesn't seem to be registered, which causes Miles to exclaim that he shouldn't exist. (No past self registered, yes?)

BobM then shows up again; he boots up the machine, the crew beats him, and then they must stop the machine. And since all we get is Bob and Miles working to stop the machine, we must assume they succeeded in their task. The group then decides to to head to Past Terressa's bar, in hopes of obtaining more information, though Gregory has stated previously that at one point or another, they must break into Nomad's corporation.

Before that though, Mario starts fading away. Cutting back to Nomad and Sasuke, Nomad states that this is because Mario serves as a container of sorts, holding within a pocket dimension of vast magical power; he's the primary reason why Nomad is so strong. A dimension can only withstand being in another dimension for so long though; Mario can't take it anymore. But, Nomad saves him by teleporting him back to the real world, where Nomad and Sasuke are.

While walking to Taressa's bar, Bob and Gregory have a conversation. I wrote the post, but even I'm not sure how to best summarize it; read it at http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=8002.msg149766#msg149766 . Shouldn't take too long.

Cutting back to Nomad's posse, who as previously stated, escaped in the confusion, Chad states that their next stop is the bar of Vanessa's sister, who is none other then Tarresa's. PTaressa was not just mere bartender; using keen insight various illegal devices, she could track anyone, or get information on anyone or anything. Vanessa knows how to get there, because she remembered all her pasts memories without any help; being 29, there was the chance. Before they head off, their leader Paul states that they should team up with Hiro's group for the time being, as they have common goals at the moment.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: October 04, 2010, 07:45:36 PM »

265-283

Everyone ends up converging at TaressaP's bar and up to post 277 is a lengthy and detailed catfight between the two sisters: Vanessa and Taressa.  Definitely the most detailed battle scene in the story this far.  I enjoyed it, but some readers were left disgruntled and saw fit to complain in true RPGFan fashion.

Post 283 is the victory party were everyone's getting drunk, Hiro calls Taressa out and she delivers the classic line of "Momma always said I come from a long line of horny women."  

Fade to black till the next morning and that's where we left off.  

Insert disk 4?  

badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: October 04, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »

Also, Taressa has remembered just a bit of her past self.

And to end the recap, I shall give a list of the characters that have joined the group at this time:

Gregory: The mysterious stranger, though not so mysterious anymore. A middle-aged man who loves cigars, cigarette, and whiskey; is generally a rather droll, cynical, and sarcastic individual. Despite all this, he's quite important to the plot.

Rosa: I got nothin'. Going to have to bring her up and develop her personality later.

Paul: A paladin, he is kind but strong-willed, noble yet affirmative, honorable but bold. (AKA. He's not a pussy.) Yet just why would such a paladin join up with Nomad? Why indeed...

Chad: Sophisticated yet psychotic, with a strong bloodlust. His past self was a much celebrated war hero for New Fork, and at this point, may not have gone off the deep end just yet. Many a mystery lies with him...

Gez: At this point, it seems like there's not much to him; he's a rough guy who likes beer, women, fights, and gambling. However, there's another side to him that hasn't had the opportunity to show itself, and is just waiting for the right moment... *Cough*INCREDIBLY-SADISTIC-PSYCHO!-*Cough*

Richard: Black, old, and a former priest, his long past has caused him to abandon his religion, and adopt a charismatic yet cruel persona. Also is incredibly adept at wind abilities.

Leo: Laid-back at times, but when the situation calls for it, (and sometimes not,) he'll become incredibly fierce, as well as somewhat hotheaded. Is more of a 'nice guy', like Paul. Also carries a sword reminiscent of Cloud of FFVII fame.

Vanessa: Teressa's older sister, and a slutty dominatrix. Wields a mean whip, and has also been previously employed as a professional whore.

And unless there's any objections, let the recap end, and let new posts...BEGIN!

And I think I've had plenty of time to get refreshed and remotivated, so expect to be hearing from me. Still, the whole point of the recap was to get some new blood in, so feel free to post, as well as to ask if you don't quite understand something.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:50:02 PM by badsanta » Logged
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: October 04, 2010, 08:14:23 PM »

Fade to black till the next morning and that's where we left off. 

Insert disk 4? 

Silly boy, we've been on disk 4 for about 10 pages...

... yeah... I think we might have to rethink our 360 release and have this one on BluRay only (or just change our disk swap locations)

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: October 04, 2010, 10:31:14 PM »

The Next Morning...

Before everyone else wakes up, Rosa turns out to be the first one to awake, not being a drinker. She heads down the stairs to find that Gez and Bob fell asleep at their seats, and that despite the time being 10:30 AM', no-one's awake. Frowning, closing her eyes in disgust, and taking a deep breath, she lets out a high pitched scream that only fellow damsels in distress can match. No-one is able to escape the monstrous death-wail...

Back at the portal...

Sasuke: Quite a scream.

Nomad: You should hear her when it's 11:00.

Mario: She's not going to join us when everyone comes back, is she?

Sasuke: *Puts left hand on Mario's right shoulder.* I sure hope not, Mario. I sure hope not...

Nomad: Come now; surely you realize that saying that will only make the undesired outcome more likely--

Sasuke&Mario: Shutup!

Back to the rude awakening...

My current idea for fleshing out Rosa is her constantly using her attributes of her former status as Damsel in Distress to her own personal advantage. She's also something of a stuck-up, though not without some strong qualities, thanks to her past self.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 10:52:10 PM by badsanta » Logged
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: October 07, 2010, 09:24:10 AM »

So...anyone gonna post? We did the recap for a reason you know...

PS.If, for whatever reason, you strongly don't want to post, feel free to say why. Maybe there's something I'm missing here...
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: October 07, 2010, 01:07:42 PM »

I'm really not sure I understand that last post... is all. Why is Rosa screaming? Why do Sasuke and Mario think that she won't survive? I'm kinda confused. I could ignore it, but why don't you continue it so we understand what's going on first. I really want to continue this, you just gotta give us some momentum.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: October 07, 2010, 02:08:04 PM »

I thought I was pretty clear, but ah well. Rosa was the only one awake. She was pretty pissed that everyone else hadn't woken up, so, using her eardrum piercing Damsel in Distress scream, she decided to wake everyone up. Meanwhile, Mario and Sasuke are afraid of her joing the party, because they don't want to have to endure her wrath (and that horrible scream...), just because they decide to sleep in. Nomad comments on how saying this, might make the opposite happen instead; that is to say,  her joining. (Jinx and all that.) They promptly tell him to keep his yap shut.

The point of that post, was because it was hard for me to get things going after everyone fell asleep, so I tried to get everyone up while fleshing out Rosa and having a slightly humorous tone, all in one. Did I make it clear, or do you still need me to clarify?
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: October 07, 2010, 03:29:58 PM »

Just then, Taressa stomps out of bed.  Raul whimpers in a corner, because he knows that Taressa is exceedingly grouchy in the mornings (to put it kindly), especially when she's hung over after a night of hard drinking.  Raul thinks: "uh oh, this new girl's totally gonna get schooled.  Taressa is one woman you do NOT want to forcibly awaken.  That one tuft of fur on the scruff of my neck never quite grew back right after barking at her one morning..."

In her nightgown, bed hair, and fire in her eyes, a ghastly looking Taressa aggressively grabs Rosa by the collar and shouts in her face...

"LISTEN BITCH!!! DON'T YOU *EVER* DO THAT AGAIN, YOU HEAR ME!?!?!?!  I NEED MY BEAUTY SLEEP, YOU KNOW!"

Rosa: Yeah, looking at you, you certainly do.  And brush your teeth, jeez...

Taressa smacks Rosa, knocking her against her headboard, "LISTEN YOU RUDE LITTLE HUSSY!!!!!!  I AM TRYING TO FUCKING SLEEP HERE AND I WILL NOT HAVE SOME SPOILT GIRL SCREAMING AND WHINING LOUDLY WAKING ME UP FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!!!  AND THAT SMACK WAS FOR CALLING ME UGLY, AND IF MY MORNING BREATH OFFENDS YOU, SERVES YOU RIGHT!!!"  

Taressa then pulls Rosa's hair and smacks her head against her bed's headboard once more and curses "bitch!" under her breath while storming back to her room.  

Just as Rosa comes to and is about to retaliate against Taressa, Raul steps in to try and play peacekeeper.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:29:27 PM by Dincrest » Logged

badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2010, 06:01:17 PM »

Just then, Taressa stomps out of bed.  Raul whimpers in a corner, because he knows that Taressa is exceedingly grouchy in the mornings (to put it kindly), especially after a night of hard drinking.  Raul thinks: "uh oh, this new girl's totally gonna get schooled.  Taressa is one woman you do NOT want to forcibly awaken.  That one tuft of fur on the scruff of my neck never quite grew back right after barking at her one morning..."

In her nightgown, bed hair, and fire in her eyes, a ghastly looking Taressa aggressively grabs Rosa by the collar and shouts in her face...

"LISTEN BITCH!!! DON'T YOU *EVER* DO THAT AGAIN, YOU HEAR ME!?!?!?!  I NEED MY BEAUTY SLEEP, YOU KNOW!"

Rosa: Yeah, looking at you, you certainly do.  And brush your teeth, jeez...

Taressa smacks Rosa, knocking her against her headboard, "LISTEN YOU RUDE LITTLE HUSSY!!!!!!  I AM TRYING TO FUCKING SLEEP HERE AND I WILL NOT HAVE SOME SPOILT GIRL SCREAMING AND WHINING LOUDLY WAKING ME UP FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!!!  AND THAT SMACK WAS FOR CALLING ME UGLY, AND IF MY MORNING BREATH OFFENDS YOU, SERVES YOU RIGHT!!!"  

Taressa then pulls Rosa's hair and smacks her head against her bed's headboard once more and curses "bitch!" under her breath while storming back to her room.  Just then, Mario emerges from his room all bleary eyed and Taressa immediately shifts tone and softly says, "I'm sorry Mario.  Did I wake you?"

Just as Rosa comes to and is about to retaliate against Taressa, Raul steps in to try and play peacekeeper.

Mario's with Sasuke... Just wanted to pointed that out.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2010, 07:00:38 PM »

d'oh!  Forgot about that.  WIll edit.

badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: October 07, 2010, 08:50:09 PM »

Raul: GROWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHH!

The two women are essentially rendered into shock by Raul's fierce growl.

Raul: NOW...I know I'm not the best at this--

Rosa: Obviously--

Raul: GRAHH! ...as I was saying, I know I'm not the best at this, but I am going to solve this whole problem, with 'mediating'. I think that's the term...

Rosa: Look, fleabag! I don't need a walking handbag telling me how I should go about my affairs! Now, if you'll just leave the premise like a good kitty, I shall give this Teressa what she deserves! And maybe I'll scritch your ears when I'm done. You beasts like that, don't you?

Raul: ...

Rosa: What? I was only speaking the truth! You are one of those subhumans, aren't you?

Teressa: Uh, honey...

Rosa: Quiet you hussy! I'm busy lecturing this mangy animal!

Teressa: ...Fine. You do what you want. You might just want to turn back around now.

Rosa: Huh? Oh, my word...

Meanwhile, in the nearby hall...

Luna: Son of a bitch! What the hell was that?!

Hiro: That would be Rosa. She always has had quite the voice, and a temper to match.

???: Hey, you two!

Hiro: Huh?

Strutting down the long hall was Vanessa, complete in her usual skanky attire.

Vanessa: Have you seen Teressa?

Hiro: No. Why?

Vanessa: *Face-palm.* Oy; I thought I was done baby sitting over 10 years ago...

Luna: Come again?

Vanessa: That scream was Rosa's, wasn't it?

Hiro: Yeah...

Vanessa: When she was our prisoner, she always screamed whenever anyone overslept. Not to mention she's a brat in every sense of the word; the only reason we didn't get rid of her was because we needed her. And no, I'm not going to get into a long, overblown speech and tell you why. Anyway, she's done it again, and if I know my sister, with a temper even worse then mine, she'll go straight after Rosa. And if I know Rosa, she'll go straight for Teressa after that.

Hiro: Then, we should go after them, huh?

Vanessa: Exactly. Let's--

Just then, they can hear a incredibly loud series of sounds coming from Teressa's room.

Vanessa: ...go over to my sister's room. *Deep sigh.*
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:32:23 AM by badsanta » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: