Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 02:14:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334852 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Let's design the most cliche RPG story ever
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Let's design the most cliche RPG story ever  (Read 34157 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 11:12:19 PM »

When they get to the cave they encounter a lovely beauty named Mary (Sue) who warns the two intrepid heroes of a trap set by Bebop & Rocksteady.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 01:03:07 AM »

When they get to the cave they encounter a lovely beauty named Mary (Sue) who warns the two intrepid heroes of a trap set by Bebop & Rocksteady.

The dynamic duo ignores Mary (Sue)'s warnings, and she mysteriously disappears for no real reason. And so, our two idiots heroes venture into the trap of those mutants, not knowing what would befall them...
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 03:05:11 AM »

Armed with nothing more than a wooden sword, short bow and a plot shield they march onwards.

badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 03:16:30 AM »

After fighting their way though their fair share of bats and rats, and getting up to Lv.5, they encounter midway through the dungeon a mysterious stranger (and potential party member,) who has been knocked unconscious by a cave-in...
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 03:32:47 AM »

They try to rescue the ranger but a big green dragon arrives and proceeds to attack the party.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 03:38:02 AM »

They try to rescue the ranger but a big green dragon arrives and proceeds to attack the party.

The battle ends in a victory for our young heroes after a long tutorial on how to use special attacks in boss fights...

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 03:55:16 AM »

When they return to town, the king was delighted and gave the party all his prized belongings. After that a night celebration took place for saving the prince/stranger.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 05:06:34 AM »

Then the kingdom burnt down, fell over, then sank into the swamp in an attack by a bunch of pissed off gnomes with nowhere to go thanks to their home's ecology being destroyed by the unfortunate slaying of teh greed dragon.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 09:37:56 AM »

But thankfully, everyone got out alive. (Or we wouldn't have a story.)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 09:48:37 AM »

Our heroes then set out on a quest for revenge against said gnomes. But to get the power they need, them must find the seven, different coloured, almightily-powerful handkerchiefs spread out across the world.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:50:09 AM by FlamingR1ft » Logged

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 09:49:55 AM »

Pause for a quick flashback over to villain retreiving mystical doodad #1 out of the cave, and provoking the wrath of the gnomes.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 11:29:01 AM »

Turns out the 7 handkerchiefs are the items needed to unlock rosa's power so both our heroes (now a party of 3 because the stranger who was unconscious in the cave joined our heroes in their quest for no particular reason) and the villain are after the same thing!!!! As we saw in the flashback, the villain managed to retrieve handkerchief nš1 from the cave so...
Villain 1
Heroes 0

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 12:15:35 PM »

Hiro the hero suddenly remembers that he was supposed to be rescuing Rosa...

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 12:27:32 PM »

And so Hiro, Miles, and the mysterious ranger who introduces himself as Bob Conman(foreshadowing) went to a local bar where even underaged folks are welcome. In there, they ask about the handkerchiefs (and Rosa), and surely, there has to be someone who knows the exact info and can lead them to the next plot point.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 12:32:06 PM »

Their newest and 3rd party member (Bob) suddenly -after the 20th shot of rum- remembers something and tells Hiro and Miles that he's heard of the gnomes and the legendary handkerchiefs from his grandpa's bedtime stories when he was young, and how his village is filled with hot chicks. So they head to Bob's village to learn more about the current situation, only to re-encounter Mary (Sue) in the middle of the road...

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: