Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 05:10:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329776 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Let's design the most cliche RPG story ever
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Let's design the most cliche RPG story ever  (Read 32617 times)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2010, 02:17:18 PM »

This is merely an aside, hence the italics.  I just want to make sure I have the characters straight: Hiro (main guy), Rosa (friend zone girl who's kidnapped), Miles (Hiro's best buddy), Mary (ranger found unconscious in the first dungeon), Bob (older adventurer like Gawn in Wild Arms 4), Luna (scantily clad mage girl), Taressa (badass lady found in first dragon fight), Raul (beast-man and one of Taressa's ex-lovers), Sasuke (teenager from an Asian-themed village), Sakura (girl who likes Sasuke and he's oblivious to until she's killed by a dragon), and Balrog (the villain).  I assume Sasuke will be the ninja master.  Now all we need is a weird little kid.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 02:19:14 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2010, 02:26:17 PM »

I'm actually pretty confused about Mary.  People have been writing conflicting things about her.

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2010, 03:15:31 PM »

conflicting how?

A new villain emerges. He wears a cloak and mask because evil guys prefer to remain anonymous. He has an air of obstinate douche-baggery, yet it feels almost noble. He will most likely remain undeveloped as a character throughout this entire story. Why? Fate decided it. He speaks with an arrogant tone about ruling teh whole wurld and something something blah blah blah.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2010, 03:33:43 PM »

About Mary and Bob, Mary was first introduced as a mysterious woman at the location of hankercheif #1, warning Hiro and Miles not to go further, and then for whatever reason, joined the party later on. And as for Bob, he is the character that I first introduced as the stranger in the cave that was knocked unconscious by a cave-in.

insertnamehere: Uh, yeah, so this new guy is created, but you didn't state how he shows up in, or fits into, the current ongoing events. For now, I'll try to ignore him while not completly overriding him, in case he end's up being put into the actual plotline. And there's already a big bad and his overlord anyway.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:09:21 PM by badsanta » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2010, 03:55:09 PM »

The cloaked villain disappears not without giving a hint that he has some sort of connection to hiro, it seemed obvious that he was very close to him but since he's too old to be his brother what could he be? Maybe... his mother? It goes without saying that hiro is an orphan.
Meanwhile balrog is deep inside what seems to be a mine, collecting another handkerchief.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »

Hiro and his friends decide to take Sasuke to the nearest doctor in a nearby village. Again, Miles comes back after disappearing for a while. However, this time...

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2010, 04:13:22 PM »

@badsanta: RPG's have a tendency to frequently include underdeveloped villains and people that show up randomly (like we've been doing for several characters) and villains often stay mysterious until the end, sometimes to keep a possibility for sequels open.
and I'm letting someone else decide who he is for now even though I foreshadowed a particular character mentioned on page 1.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2010, 04:15:04 PM »

...Miles says that he was talking it up with the locals, and knows where the location of the 3rd handkerchief is; the abandoned mine. It seems a bit suspicious, but Miles seems to have been a stalwart ally, not that they're ever really noticed him much. And so, they head off, but not without veteran Bob standing still for a bit, looking at Miles. Hiro asks him if he's coming or not, and Bob replies that he is, though he chooses to let Miles go out the door before he does.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 05:49:23 PM by badsanta » Logged
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »

The party then continue their journey through a mountain pass, which is the fastest way to the village where the doctor lives. It's nightfall now, and Hiro is suddenly struck with an awful headache. "You and I are one and the same. Don't be afraid, you'll soon know the truth." says a mysterious voice in Hiro's head. He passes out and the party doesn't have any choice but to wait inside a cave until sunrise.

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2010, 04:52:25 PM »

The party is suddenly in trouble. Around midnight, this cave starts to collapse and it wakes up Miles. He tries to wake everyone else up, but they're all fast asleep. We hear loud footsteps coming from far away. Could this be causing the cave to collapse?

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2010, 04:55:20 PM »

Miles follows the sound to investigate while the rest of the party remains asleep.  He encounters a lumbering cave beast and a solo fight ensues, so that his levels will be on par with the others' what with him often taking potty breaks during fights.  So once again, Miles is the hero, but no one notices.  The cave monster disposed of, Miles goes back to wake up the rest of the party once again.

Yes, I took inspiration from FF9 for that scene.  EDIT: And now I'm curious as to how Miles is the only one who finds toilets since most RPGs are severely lacking in toilets.  It's a World Toilet Crisis.  Just like that episode of Vanguard on CUrrent TV!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 05:05:25 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2010, 05:58:24 PM »

(This story reeks of so much cheese so far but we need some HAM! and   a blocked path that you have to talk to a npc to find out how to unblock it .Then  find the item(s) the npc  said to get, then go back to the npc yet again  and after which use the  item(s) on the blocked path.)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:00:52 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2010, 05:59:35 PM »

"Hiro! Hiro! Wake-up! I just saved your asses-"

"Shut up and go back to sleep Miles!"

"..."

*THWACK!*

After 'persuading' the others to get off their bums, the group talks about what just happened. They acknowledge that Miles just saved their lives, but they don't bother to congratulate him at all. Miles then turns around and says to himself "They'll see. I'll show them. Sorry Hiro, but I'm going to show you all!" Naturally, nobody notices his monologue. After that...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:12:42 PM by badsanta » Logged
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »

The party starts hearing funny footsteps from inside the cave that keep coming closer and closer. When the footsteps finally stopped a small creature that's like a hybrid between a Kopin and a Moogle emerged. It ran and jumped on Miles screaming "ZEEP!! You saved me! That monster was going to make me his dinner ZEEP ZEEP!! ahem... Where are my manners, my name is Poporo and I'm a Mopin. Nice to meet you, ZEEP!!".

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2010, 08:00:37 PM »

Mary and Luna snicker and point at the little creature huggling a somewhat perturbed Miles.  "Hey loooook.  Miles has a widdle frieeeeeend <3 :P"  

Miles indignantly replies, "Well at least he shows me some appreciation, not like you people who ignore me all the time!" while thinking to himself, "Sure, it's nice to be appreciated, but I wish it could be a hot girl appreciating me..."

"ZEEP, but I AM a girl!" replies Poporo.  

Miles: "Whoa, you're a girl?  And you can read my thoughts?!?!?!  Oh boy, this could get embarassing."

Poporo: "Only if you want to lie or think bad thoughts.  ZEEP.  Anyway, I know a shortcut out of here."

Miles: "Well, you heard her.  Let's go!"  

Hiro: "Heeeey!  Who died and made YOU leader?!?!  You're the sidekick!  SIDEKICK!!!!  Anyway, you heard her.  Let's go!"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 08:19:01 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: