Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 10:31:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340866 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Let's design the most cliche RPG story ever
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Print
Author Topic: Let's design the most cliche RPG story ever  (Read 35433 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: October 07, 2010, 09:42:04 PM »

(cue Scott Pilgrim reference)

...to find Rosa and Theressa making out...

Sorry couldn't resist. That didn't really happen

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: October 08, 2010, 07:38:24 PM »

It better not have, considering Rosa's a teenager and Taressa's 27.  Raul and Miles: TA-RES-SA!!! THIS ISN'T *THAT* KIND OF GAME!!!

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: October 11, 2010, 07:19:13 PM »

No offense to anyone, but I've waited long enough..

Upon reaching the doorway, Vanessa prepares to approach the door itself, but not before it flies open on it's own accord; Teressa flies right out of the doorway, apparently having been tossed; she's slammed right onto the opposing wall, and promptly falls subconscious. Vanessa enacts a facepalm, before our trio takes a look into the room itself...

Rosa and Raul are busy engaged in a literal life or death struggle, the two holding each other for dear life, wrestling each other, right across the room, and generally making a mess of the place; the drawers have collapsed and been broken, the chairs toppled and cracked, and any and all lamps promptly shattered. With the duo showing no sign of stopping their rampage upon the room, Luna sees no option other then to enact a simple spell; "PARALYSIS!" (no, the caps aren't a regular occurrence, the caps are present because she's pissed.)

While in some RPG's, this spell isn't worth sh!t, here, it actually succeeds, as the pair of Rosa and Raul find themselves unable to move; all they can do is speak, and move their eyes around.

Luna: Now, the two of you! Don't say a word!

Vanessa: Thank you, Luna. Now--

Hiro: Ahem.

Vanessa:...As I was saying--

Hiro: Ahem!

Vanessa: ...Moving on--

Hiro: AHEM!

Vanessa: ...Fine!

Hiro: Thank you. Anyway, thank you Luna. Now, what the hell were you two doing?!

Rosa: I was just busy minding my own business--

Raul: THIS LITTLE PILE OF SHIT WAS BUSY BEING A RACIST BITCH!

Rosa: What? You are an animal--

Raul: GRAAAOOOW!

Luna: Hiro, how did you put up with her all this time?

Hiro: I...don't know. I always felt like she...meant something to me. Like I couldn't let her out of my sight, no matter what. That I had to care for her, protect her. That, and her mother makes some sweeet steak!

Vanessa: I see; a mix of your past self, and food. How poetic.

RAUL: GET YOUR MINDS BACK HERE! DEAL WITH THIS PRICK BEFORE YOUR STUPID SPELL WEARS OFF AND I DEAL WITH HER MY OWN WAY! ...You won't like it one bit...

Vanessa: Alright. It's quite simple; all we have to do is incapacitate the source of the problem.

Rosa: Wha--

Vanessa promptly grabs a rope and a piece of white cloth from the destruction, and ties and gags Rosa. She then takes her to an empty room, and locks her away for the time being.

Vanessa: There. Problem solved.

By this time, Luna's spell has worn off; as such, a loud banging is heard from the other room.

Vanessa: And there's our little captive now. So Raul, how do you feel?

Raul: ...Better...

Hiro: Well, good. Now, let's get everyone together, except for Rosa obviously, and prepare to head off to Past Nomad's place. We'll free Rosa when we head off for it; we can't just leave her alone, can we?

As for what happens next...that's up to the next poster.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:03:13 PM by badsanta » Logged
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: October 11, 2010, 07:37:13 PM »

I already foreshadow Rosa becoming a major villain for vindictive revenge against Hiro's party, and Hiro in particular for not sticking up for her.  And once Gregory's done with this arc and Sasuke and Mario are recovered, Sasuke still "pwomised" to recover Poporo.

badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: October 11, 2010, 07:48:28 PM »

I already foreshadow Rosa becoming a major villain for vindictive revenge against Hiro's party, and Hiro in particular for not sticking up for her.  And once Gregory's done with this arc and Sasuke and Mario are recovered, Sasuke still "pwomised" to recover Poporo.

Eh, I was heading more for the 'bitch/bastard learns how to actually be a half-decent human being' route myself... (And as for Gregory and Poporo, I suspect that eventually, Poporo will rejoin, Gregory will stick with the the group, and Rosa will stay with the team once they're out of the pocket dimension. Although, your thoughts on Rosa did give me an idea...)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: October 12, 2010, 08:42:15 PM »

Both are cliches we've seen happen plenty of times.  Anyway, I'll move on a little bit...

Miles: So who's gonna stay behind this time?  I'm out because the second I have to use the poopy pot, she could slip by me, so I'd be a useless guard.  Taressa and Raul are obviously out because someone will end up injured, possibly killed.  That leaves Mary, Luna, Bob, Gregory, and Hiro... and I doubt Hiro would want to be relegated to guard duty. 

Bob: I'd suggest either Mary or Luna guard her because should Rosa need to toilet or something, it'd be better to have a girl shadowing her for obvious reasons. 

Player option: Who do you leave behind?  Mary/Luna? 

badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: October 12, 2010, 09:35:37 PM »

Ultimately, the player decides to leave behind Luna, in hopes to possibly learn more about Mary. (And they shall...)

Luna: I'll stay. If that little Miss Racist tries anything, I can just use my paralysis spell again.

Rosa: THAT'S NOT VERY NICE--

Luna: OH, SHUT UP! *Moment between speaking again. Smiles.* Now, how about you all get this show on the road, huh? Tee hee!

Gregory: Very well. (Monkeys.) Anyway, I've already formulated our means for-- *Pauses.*

Hiro: What? Carry on, I won't stop you.

Gregory: ...Thank you. Now, as I was saying, I've already formulated our means for breaking in, though there will be a few...complications. There will be 13 of us you see, and--

PTeressa: Ahem!

Gregory: Hm? You too wish to come?

PTeressa: That's the idea; I'm interested in what that Nomad's been up to. In case you forgot, I'm an information broker, and I've been hearing some interesting things about the company. And who knows? Maybe you'll need my skills with technology! *Cough*FORSHADOWING!*Cough*

Gregory: Very well; there will be 14 of us heading out. Obviously, that would be a rather large, conspicuous group, and the only one wearing passable clothing for this cement jungle is the past version of Terresa. You can even compare and contrast the two for the obvious results.

Taressa: Thanks...

Gregory: Now, I've been talking with Past Teressa prior to this, and she's collected quite the load of both men's and women's clothing.

PTerresa: I can always sell old clothes I find for some extra cash. Oh, and then there's charity.

Gregory: Continuing onward, most of will need to get changed, since breaking into a Corporation, one beloved by the mass populace nonetheless, is not going to be an easy feat, especially when we all look like something out of the Fantasy Genre.

Miles: Fantasy Genre?

Gregory: Essentially,the past world has pieces of either fiction or something alien to you, multimedia, which involve the sorts of things we do on a regular basis, aside from what we're doing now of course. If there aren't any more questions that would take up our previous time, the next step will be splitting apart into our groups.

PTarressa: As I discussed with Greg around the time we talked about the clothing, I've discovered 2 different ways into Nomad's place; the backdoor via a key that I got from my various dealings as a broker, and the sewers.

Gez: *Facepalm* Oi! And I though we'd be spared from that sort of thing!

Gregory: Thank you for that wonderful remark. Now, as for who will be in the two groups, Hiro and Bob will be in group 1; they're the primary and secondary leaders of this entire assemblage. But, you might ask, wouldn't that make Bob the leader of the second group? No; I will be leader of group 2, for as you will soon learn, regardless of whether I want you to or not, I know that building like the back of my very hand. And Mary will accompany me.

Mary: Come again?

Gregory: Mary, you will be joining my group.

Mary: Aaaaand why don't I have a choice in the matter?

Gregroy: Because when the time comes, you will need me to be around, if you wish to comprehend just what you are.

Mary: *Gives off a mean glare.* ...Fine! I might as well. There's not much more of a choice, is there?

Gregory: Now, who among the remaining 10 will be in what group? Hm...

At this time, the player is prompted to decided who will go with whom. Obviously, if the game hasn't implemented a 'change your party anytime feature' by this time, it'll have one now; one for each group. As for who among the remaining 10 will be put in each group, who will it be? (It might be wise to put Teressa and PTaressa in different groups; they fight the same.)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:04:42 PM by badsanta » Logged
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: October 13, 2010, 01:03:32 AM »

I'm so totally lost by this point, even with the recap... it's like we're moving off into 5 new directions at once, and with every post. I mean, we entered the dream world for an excursion, and now I feel like we're starting a whole new chapter of the game. This was supposed to be reaching the climax, but now we don't even have any particular direction. Too many characters, too many new twists, and no resolutions. I just can't keep up with this. This is starting to feel like Chrono Cross with the amount of characters we have, but in this case, they're ALL plot characters. We need to separate out the past selves and the Nomad team eventually, and get back to the core party.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: October 13, 2010, 01:16:20 AM »

I'm so totally lost by this point, even with the recap... it's like we're moving off into 5 new directions at once, and with every post. I mean, we entered the dream world for an excursion, and now I feel like we're starting a whole new chapter of the game. This was supposed to be reaching the climax, but now we don't even have any particular direction. Too many characters, too many new twists, and no resolutions. I just can't keep up with this. This is starting to feel like Chrono Cross with the amount of characters we have, but in this case, they're ALL plot characters. We need to separate out the past selves and the Nomad team eventually, and get back to the core party.

What? The group is just heading off to Nomad's base, though they have to split up since the group is so big. They're all heading off to the same place though. If you're that confused though, you could just let me handle it for a while. Eventually, there does have to come a point when Hiro's team leaves the world, plot points get resolved, and Nomad's posse splits up, and becomes antagonists, fighting for Nomad. Once we get to that, everything should be simpler to follow, though since this is handled by multiple people, it'll take us longer to get to that simpler point then if it were just one person doing this.

So, yeah, I'm able to take all this quite well, but I understand why you might not be able to to; take a break for a while until things become easier to follow if you want. I've no problem with that.

EDIT: PS.I figure a good point to get everyone back to the real world is after Past Nomad's cooperation. I figure there that could be where a bunch of these plot elements finally get resolved, and where the current arc, dealing with the past world, finally comes to a close. Then we come back to reality, and Nomad's group becomes proper antagonists. I think that works fine.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 01:20:29 AM by badsanta » Logged
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: October 19, 2010, 09:30:56 PM »

Obviously, the recap so far seems to have done diddly-squat. I suppose no-one but me, Dincrest, and Prime Mover really want to post in this thread, and I'm the only who usually posts on a regular basis (Though Dincrest has stated prior that he has perfectly good reasons for not doing so, and Prime Mover likely does as well, so offense to either of them.) I really liked what we had going here, but I don't want this to turn into a personal fan-fiction of mine; if I wanted to do a fan-fiction, I'd do it. For now, I'll make a post, but, I'm not sure if this thing can be kept going without me making one post after the other, and that's not what I want to happen. One last time, and this is the last; if there's anyone out there who has even the slightest interest in posting here while respecting the thread, please do so. If no newcomers show up...we'll have to think of what to do about this whole predicament.

If the player can't decide for at least a minute, the AI chooses default teams; Hiro, Bob, Miles, Taressa, Vanessa, Chad, and Richard make up Team 1. Gregory, Mary, Past Teressa, Luna, Paul, Gez, and Leo make up Team 2. Each character dresses in ordinary civilian wearer (except for Richard who looks exactly like a Father/Priest/Preacher,) and head off to Nomad's cooperation; Hiro's group goes straight in the front, since the only other way in the middle of broad daylight is the back, which still requires watching your rear so that an ordinary civilian doesn't see you. Gregory's group takes the back route, since it'll provide the quicker way to the first of many, many, MANY significant reveals concerning both the plot and and the individual characters. (We hope.)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: