Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 01:07:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327653 Posts in 13413 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  the next time someone says.....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: the next time someone says.....  (Read 3303 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 01:36:51 PM »

It's hilarious that its actually generally considered less morally bankrupt to clone someone than polygamy is. Which means its more acceptable to find and marry a hot young lesbian, clone her a couple of times, then have a freaky orgy with her and the clones.

Wait, what?  This is complete nonsense.  Two points:

1)  Plenty of people find the idea of human cloning (regardless of reason) to be abhorrent.  (Personally I think that's silly, but that's not the issue)  It's not a major issue at the moment since it's still largely theoretical, but you've seen how the religious right reacted even to stem cell research.  The very premise of your statement seems flawed.

2)  How is what you described not polygamy?  How can  anyone find it 'more acceptable' than polygamy when it includes polygamy?  Or do you not consider clones to be people?

I'm all for criticizing 'traditional marriage' proponents, but let's do so by sticking to facts.  When you start making arguments like the above then you're as bad as they are.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »

Holy fuck  @ comparing humans formed in labs from replicated genetics to reproducing with multiple partners.

Holy fuck
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 11:46:12 PM »

Lewis Black said it best.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 01:52:24 AM »

http://embracepetinsurance.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/27/simba_mom_2.jpg

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 04:59:30 PM »

It's hilarious that its actually generally considered less morally bankrupt to clone someone than polygamy is. Which means its more acceptable to find and marry a hot young lesbian, clone her a couple of times, then have a freaky orgy with her and the clones.

Wait, what?  This is complete nonsense.  Two points:

1)  Plenty of people find the idea of human cloning (regardless of reason) to be abhorrent.  (Personally I think that's silly, but that's not the issue)  It's not a major issue at the moment since it's still largely theoretical, but you've seen how the religious right reacted even to stem cell research.  The very premise of your statement seems flawed.

2)  How is what you described not polygamy?  How can  anyone find it 'more acceptable' than polygamy when it includes polygamy?  Or do you not consider clones to be people?

I'm all for criticizing 'traditional marriage' proponents, but let's do so by sticking to facts.  When you start making arguments like the above then you're as bad as they are.

There is one thing that you have so far failed to realize. There IS an actual survey out there that I'm referencing here (or that the Colbert Report was presumptively referencing since that's where I saw this on) and that if you have a problem with this then you are bringing it up to the wrong person.

Besides its not polygamy since its all with the same person. I just have to make sure I marry all the clones since the afore mentioned survey would have my hide if I was cheating on my hot sexy wife with one of her clones since adultery is considered to be the worst offense on said survey.

I love me some ridiculous moral double standards.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 06:03:36 PM »

"if we allow gay marriage people will want to marry their pets next"

Push the button! :O I wanna see what happens!

isn't it obvious?
this would happen
do you want that to happen?

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 06:12:42 PM »

my work computer has no speakers and even i found that funny. mainly because i watched ghostbusters when i was a kid.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 06:29:14 PM »

Tell 'em about the twinkie, insertnamehere. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 06:32:37 PM »

my work computer has no speakers and even i found that funny. mainly because i watched ghostbusters when i was a kid.

it was going to be this or that
think i made a good choice between those two?
OH YEAH, I FORGOT ABOUT THE TWINKIE

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 08:55:02 PM »

if we allow gay marriage people will want to marry their pets next, i'm going to push the red button! BOOM!

I'm homophobic, and I couldn't care less about gay people getting married. They can fuck their asses all they want... I just don't want to be there.

...eww. ;<
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 09:02:37 PM »

if we allow gay marriage people will want to marry their pets next, i'm going to push the red button! BOOM!

I'm homophobic, and I couldn't care less about gay people getting married. They can fuck their asses all they want... I just don't want to be there.

...eww. ;<

is it because they eat da poo poo?

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 09:06:03 PM »

lol, exactly.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 02:31:42 AM »

lol, exactly.

lololololol?

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Fh7O5xMOo&feature=related

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 08:33:46 PM »

There is one thing that you have so far failed to realize. There IS an actual survey out there that I'm referencing here (or that the Colbert Report was presumptively referencing since that's where I saw this on) and that if you have a problem with this then you are bringing it up to the wrong person.

How on earth was I supposed to know you were talking about an actual survey?  You provided no reference, nor did you even mention what your statement was based on.  And you're still being incredibly vague about the contents of said survey, how it was phrased, conducted, etc.  In fact the only detail that you provide is stating that it may have been mentioned on a comedy show.  Surveys are not universal truths.

What you actually stated was of the form: most people feel X, and I stand by my original response to that.

Besides its not polygamy since its all with the same person. I just have to make sure I marry all the clones since the afore mentioned survey would have my hide if I was cheating on my hot sexy wife with one of her clones since adultery is considered to be the worst offense on said survey.

So if I'm dating somebody and I screw her identical twin sister that's not cheating?  Score!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:43:27 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: