Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 02:24:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334434 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth  (Read 15007 times)
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2006, 10:55:16 PM »

John is my new Valkyrie.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2006, 10:56:47 PM »

... Or in this case, hit the hornet's nest, then make a tree fall over on you and kill you.

Well, may as well get closer to being on topic than we were before this mess started. Good point Gast. However, I think most of those examples are also games they could be easily advertized and sold in the US: Tekken, Ace Combat, and MGS are all major franchises over here afterall.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2006, 11:03:22 PM »

Quote from: "Seiken_Densetsu"
http://www.firstmonday.org/issues/issue8_10/bocij/index.html

I do feel threatened, so again, I'll ask you to stop now.  No questions.  Just stop.  Thousands of kids commit suicide per year because of online harassment.

One can only hope now.....

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2006, 12:21:13 AM »

LMFAO

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2006, 01:45:57 AM »

Why does everything fun around here happen while I'm asleep?

*sighs*
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2006, 05:41:46 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Good point Gast. However, I think most of those examples are also games they could be easily advertized and sold in the US: Tekken, Ace Combat, and MGS are all major franchises over here afterall.

That's exactly the point. I don't know exactly how many copies Tekken DR has sold in Japan, but it wasn't a mindblowing performance. In the US on the other hand, the game has sold 330,000 copies in a matter of seven days. So clearly, the series you mentioned are aimed more at the US and European market than at Japan. Monster Hunter on the other hand has been huge in Japan, while reception in the US was apparently anything but mindblowing.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2006, 03:48:34 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Why does everything fun around here happen while I'm asleep?

*sighs*

It's the damn time difference!

I've wanted to play Valkyrie Profile for quite a while, as so many people like it. But there's still no chance of me getting a PSP, and I'm not paying the prices for a PSX copy.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2006, 06:13:22 PM »

Would you guys suggest just buying a PSP for this game?  I've been trying to snag a PS1 copy off Ebay and Amazon for under $120... no luck. :(
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2006, 06:56:55 PM »

Quote from: "Testament"
Would you guys suggest just buying a PSP for this game?  I've been trying to snag a PS1 copy off Ebay and Amazon for under $120... no luck. :(

JUST for this game? Nah, doesn't make much sense money-wise. If you're also interested in the other games, or at least the other features? Yeah, grab it.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2006, 06:59:32 PM »

And I think writing in first person is bad because when something is stated as a fact, I listen to it more, even though I know it is the reviewer's opinion. I always listen to "The story is bad", but I never listen when people say "I think the story is bad."

I'm sorry, but I HAVE to comment on this. It really needs to be thoroughly thrashed and beaten before this thread dies and/or is locked.

If you really prefer the *veil* of factuality over the honest truth that it is someone's opinion, then you're clearly a simpleton. You started your objection saying that it was bad taste to use the first person, and now you've turned it into personal preference. Your preference, sir, is clearly the minority, and even if it weren't, simple rules of logic state that OPINIONS ought to be presented as such.

Kind of like how "I THINK writing in first person is bad." Even then, you did the *right* thing in showing us that it is your OPINION that writing in first person is bad. There's nothing "objective" about it.

You can't defend yourself. You've lost every reasonable grounds you could have been standing on; and then you threaten to sue people because they see how clearly wrong you are.

And if thousands of kids really ARE committing suicide "due to online harassment", I suspect the real problem is that they were struggling to form solid relationships in person, and in a last-ditch effort went to the internet and failed there too. The problem isn't the internet so much as it is people who struggle to make genuine connections with other people. Not saying it's the fault of the person who commits suicide that no one likes them (that could vary based on many cases), but it's not like the internet is some warm and friendly place to come to after a hard day at school.

Unless you consider pr0n warm and friendly. Then 90% of the internet is yours for the taking.

Ramza

Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2006, 07:33:49 PM »

JUST for this game? Nah, doesn't make much sense money-wise. If you're also interested in the other games, or at least the other features? Yeah, grab it.

I'm sure eventually there will be something that appeals to me... but for now, yeah it's really just this game.  Guess I'll keep trying ebay.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2006, 07:35:41 PM »

At the same time, if you do think you'll get a PSP at all, you might as well take the plunge. It'd suck to pay 100+ for the game, only to see something catch your eye on the system and buy it anyway.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2006, 08:03:57 PM »

The PSP is great, especially if you import titles.  As a fan of RPGs, some titles you should check out are:

Metal Gear Ac!d
Tales of Eternia (EU)
Breath of Fire 3 (EU)

Just some decent overall games for the PSP:

Burnout Legends
Winning Eleven 9
Guilty Gear XX (Import)
LocoRoco (EU)
Daxter

It's still kind of pitiful compared to the DS, but it's not like the system is bad in any way.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2006, 08:39:12 PM »

At the same time, if you do think you'll get a PSP at all, you might as well take the plunge. It'd suck to pay 100+ for the game, only to see something catch your eye on the system and buy it anyway.

That's what I was thinking.

The PSP is great, especially if you import titles. As a fan of RPGs, some titles you should check out are:

The thing is...  I own most of those titles that you listed already. :P
Amankhan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2006, 11:24:30 PM »

The thing is...  I own most of those titles that you listed already. :P

That's sort of my problem right now, too.  The "great" RPGs on the PSP seem to be mostly ports of games I already own.  I want to try some of the "original" PSP RPGs (Legend of Heroes I & II, Astonishia Stories, Blade Dancer) but with the reviews being mediocre to not so great, I'm just not sure they're worth paying $40-$50 (Canadian) for.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: