Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:34:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334816 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 2 coming to the PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 coming to the PS3  (Read 23484 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 03:39:22 PM »

Man, I hate press releases from the platform holder. Well, Microsoft and Sony anyway, but whoever typed that completely ignored the PC there.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 03:52:01 PM »

Wait, there's people who own a PS3, but not a 360? Odd. I can see it the other way around, as the 360 came out first, and was cheaper. Some of you either have some amazing will power, or seriously deep pockets.

I don't get this comment...you're saying that people who don't buy both consoles are the ones with deep pockets?

Personally I have a PS3 and no 360, but I didn't even get the PS3 until it had been out for a couple of years.  There wasn't much on either system that interested me in the first few years.  Not to mention that the PS2 was still going very strong back then.

Right now if I were to get another console it would be a Wii.  But the thing that's limiting me is time, not money.  I have a hard enough time just keeping up with my backlog of PS3 games.  What do I need a whole new system for?

I wasn't going to say anything because I also couldn't make sense of it but yeah, saying that owning a PS3 implies owning a 360 is just... I dunno.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 03:52:25 PM »

Wait, there's people who own a PS3, but not a 360? Odd. I can see it the other way around, as the 360 came out first, and was cheaper. Some of you either have some amazing will power, or seriously deep pockets.

I don't get this comment...you're saying that people who don't buy both consoles are the ones with deep pockets?

Personally I have a PS3 and no 360, but I didn't even get the PS3 until it had been out for a couple of years.  There wasn't much on either system that interested me in the first few years.  Not to mention that the PS2 was still going very strong back then.

Right now if I were to get another console it would be a Wii.  But the thing that's limiting me is time, not money.  I have a hard enough time just keeping up with my backlog of PS3 games.  What do I need a whole new system for?

I thought I might be misunderstood.
My thinking is that if you only own a PS3, it means you either:
bought it when it first came out - very expensive(deep pockets)
or
just recently bought it when it went down in price - willpower
I'm actually impressed by those who held out on buying a a new system for so long despite being bombarded with constant news about all the great games for them.
Personally, I got a 360 when it went down to $199. Then I got a PS3 when it dropped last September. Seems the natural progression of things.
Anyway...
ME2

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »

Man, I hate press releases from the platform holder. Well, Microsoft and Sony anyway, but whoever typed that completely ignored the PC there.

"And the original Mass Effect is absolutely an Xbox 360 exclusive, making Xbox 360 the only place to get the full Mass Effect experience," the company added.

LOL, they're like little kids.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 04:15:43 PM »

"And the original Mass Effect is absolutely an Xbox 360 exclusive, making Xbox 360 the only place to get the full Mass Effect experience," the company added.

LOL, they're like little kids.

Yeah not at all like the thousands of absurd Sony PR attempts.

Anyways.

Mass Effect 2.

Amazing game. Pushes the bar for what video game design can achieve.

Jesus Christ man, I was talking abour PR people in general, not MS specifically, following Eusis' comment regarding press releases from platform holders, I know I didn't make that clear but you just had to go "OMG you fucking fanboy sony PR people are like that too!!11!!!" Like I don't fucking know that. Thanks for breaking the news.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 04:24:06 PM »

I was checking the gaf thread and as expected suddenly ME2 sucks and ME1 is by far the superior game, hilarious.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 04:27:22 PM »

It sure is.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 04:59:37 PM »

I thought I might be misunderstood.
My thinking is that if you only own a PS3, it means you either:
bought it when it first came out - very expensive(deep pockets)
or
just recently bought it when it went down in price - willpower
I'm actually impressed by those who held out on buying a a new system for so long despite being bombarded with constant news about all the great games for them.
Personally, I got a 360 when it went down to $199. Then I got a PS3 when it dropped last September. Seems the natural progression of things.
Anyway...
ME2

In your reasoning which is not completely wrong have you wondered that there are people that just have preferences for some games on one console over another.

Think about it, even though there are good games on the system, you are not determined  to buy the console until a game you really want on it is released. I for one am I big fan of Metal Gear, so I knew I would buy a PS3, sooner or later but if I didn't have interest in exclusives on the Xbox, even it being cheaper would not be reason enough to buy it. After this game you were waiting for so much, you end up buying other titles but the decision comes on what you can play on one system that you can't on the other.

Not to mention that while a very good video game, the 360 is way too much unreliable. Mine broke 3 times before I gave up on it and all 360s of friends and my cousins, all know in real life broke, which makes up more than 10.
If it were a little better hardware Microsoft would still be making money out of me by paying live, Live Arcade and retail games but instead they just made me stay away until next gen, and since this one will probably take longer to end, they will not see any from me anytime soon.

Anyway, enough with complaining, back to Mass Effect 2.
I wonder if all DLCs released until december will make it to the PS3 version of the game, like Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition. It would be nice if not only that but some exclusive content already on disc that could also be given on Cerberus Network and Xbox live.

ValendianKnight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »

PR people act like children, just like fanboys of any type do. This game coming to PS3 is nothing but good news, since now everyone who only has a PS3 can play it. Aand cosidering how good of a game ME2 was, that's a great thing. Now, wonder if all the DLC will be included in one BR, that would be sweet, though wouldn't do me much since I already own the game+all the DLC on the 360.

"Life Ends so fast, so take your chance and make it last..."
-Chuck Schuldiner(Death)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 05:30:14 PM »

The game will need some kind of feature to explain ME1's story, maybe a compilation of cutscenes? I don't know if they are going full price for this but if they are they better include all the DLC or something new.
I'm worried about the quality of the port though.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 06:08:03 PM »

The port will be fine, the Unreal Engine runs great on both platforms now.  This isn't 2007.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 07:23:08 PM »

Interesting. I'm going to buy it just because I like the Mass Effect series that much, but releasing it without the first ME is kind of weird, PS3 owners will miss out on half of the entire story. Ah well, more people will get to experience 2010's Game of the Year, so can't be a bad thing.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 08:57:43 PM »

Interesting. I'm going to buy it just because I like the Mass Effect series that much, but releasing it without the first ME is kind of weird, PS3 owners will miss out on half of the entire story. Ah well, more people will get to experience 2010's Game of the Year, so can't be a bad thing.

Maybe they'll go in the style of Yakuza and put a compilation of the events of the last game. Being this game one of "choices" maybe they could even innovate and let us make the choices IF we watch the video and those choices would be carried over to when we play the game.

I'm particularly not too sad about ME1 not going to ps3. I mean, I played it on PC, it was good but rarely as any other Bioware game, this one I didn't want to play more than once. I loved the story and characters but didn't like the gameplay so much, especially that vehicle we had which was boring as hell, unlike the one in ME2 Overlord which is much nicer.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 09:47:57 PM »

Hmm...Should I shell out cash for all the 360 DLC  for my copy of ME2 or just trade it in and Buy the PS3 version which, I assume, will have it all right out of the box. I've only played through the one time but I've been meaning to give it another go with a new character. Decisions.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 02:07:29 AM »

Nah they did a really shitty optimization job on the first ME1 on PC, it was just horrible, probably the second worst job Bioware ever did behind NWN2. I had serious hiccups with it and I can run ME2 almost flawlessly on high.

Funny how Bioware did neither of those PC versions.

Hell Bioware didn't even develop NWN2.

Oh yeah, good point. Forgot Obsidian dealt with NWN2.
And still, the PC port was half assed even if Bioware didn't do the porting job themselves.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: