Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 11:01:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330126 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 2 coming to the PS3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 coming to the PS3  (Read 22603 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 17, 2010, 11:07:14 AM »

http://kotaku.com/5614838/mass-effect-2-hits-the-playstation-3-in-january

The PS3 edition includes the full version of Mass Effect 2 as well as hours of bonus content and is the perfect introduction to the sci-fi universe of Mass Effect.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:20:18 AM »

You've got to be kidding me!!!! I'm buying it for sure, day one!
This was by far my favorite game this year. My PC can handle it good, but being able to play it on my new big TV and Home Theater is reason enough for me to buy it one more time.
Not to mention the money I'll save with DLC.

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »

The more people able to enjoy the game, the better! However it strikes me as odd that they won't port the first ME too since save import adds a lot to the game. Maybe it's related to the bonus content?
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 12:45:03 PM »

The more people able to enjoy the game, the better! However it strikes me as odd that they won't port the first ME too since save import adds a lot to the game. Maybe it's related to the bonus content?

I think it's because Microsoft published the first game and still has some say over what it gets released on.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 12:56:18 PM »

Ah, makes sense. Still, I'm interested in see how they will deal with the import save feature.
Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 01:18:02 PM »

Besides, the PC port of ME was shit. Doubt the PS3 version would've been better.

Great news about ME2 though! ^^

Be awesome instead.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 01:31:44 PM »

Besides, the PC port of ME was shit. Doubt the PS3 version would've been better.

I didn't think it was, I thought Demiurge did a better job with it than Bioware did with ME2, at least regarding the UI that is. ME2 was missing really basic things that have been standards in PC games for years, like shortcuts to the individual menus, mouse wheel and double-click support in menus (all of which were in the first game).
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »

I'm torn, because it's great to be able to play it without having to buy a 360....but no ME1?

Seems sort of pointless.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 01:42:07 PM »

Wait, there's people who own a PS3, but not a 360? Odd. I can see it the other way around, as the 360 came out first, and was cheaper. Some of you either have some amazing will power, or seriously deep pockets.
Anyway...
ME2 kicks ass. Enjoy.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 01:49:42 PM »

I didn't think it was, I thought Demiurge did a better job with it than Bioware did with ME2, at least regarding the UI that is. ME2 was missing really basic things that have been standards in PC games for years, like shortcuts to the individual menus, mouse wheel and double-click support in menus (all of which were in the first game).

Nah they did a really shitty optimization job on the first ME1 on PC, it was just horrible, probably the second worst job Bioware ever did behind NWN2. I had serious hiccups with it and I can run ME2 almost flawlessly on high.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 01:50:20 PM »

Wait, there's people who own a PS3, but not a 360? Odd. I can see it the other way around, as the 360 came out first, and was cheaper. Some of you either have some amazing will power, or seriously deep pockets.
Anyway...
ME2 kicks ass. Enjoy.

It's called I'm too poor to afford more than one console as a student.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:52:14 PM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »

Anyway...
ME2 kicks ass. Enjoy.

I have a lot of will power and I don't crap money. Also, I don't really care for the catalog of the 360 and if I buy one it would only be a J360 for "Bullet Hell" games like Ketsui.

Now about Mass Effect 2, I probably don't gonna buy it thanks to Deus Ex 3. :p
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 02:16:43 PM »

Finally! It was obvious that it would happen eventually because bioware would be insane not to go multiplat with the franchise but I'm glad it's finally confirmed. Day 1 purchase. This is by far the 360 exclusive I want to play the most, good call. I don't think I'll be buying a new PC anytime soon and my machine doesn't even meet the minimun requirements for the game (though it runs ME1 just fine) so I'm glad I'll finally be able to play this.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 02:31:05 PM »

I don't get this comment...you're saying that people who don't buy both consoles are the ones with deep pockets?

Personally I have a PS3 and no 360, but I didn't even get the PS3 until it had been out for a couple of years.  There wasn't much on either system that interested me in the first few years.  Not to mention that the PS2 was still going very strong back then.

Right now if I were to get another console it would be a Wii.  But the thing that's limiting me is time, not money.  I have a hard enough time just keeping up with my backlog of PS3 games.  What do I need a whole new system for?

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 03:10:44 PM »

Nah they did a really shitty optimization job on the first ME1 on PC, it was just horrible, probably the second worst job Bioware ever did behind NWN2. I had serious hiccups with it and I can run ME2 almost flawlessly on high.

I can't say I had any issues with ME myself other than the general protection fault in conversations, which was Nvidia's fault and was fixed in a driver update. NWN2 was Obsidian.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: