Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 08:07:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330117 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 2 coming to the PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 coming to the PS3  (Read 22599 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2011, 09:24:11 AM »

Looks like the new DLC is just alternate costumes... And here I was hoping it would be something as good as overlord and shadow broker.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420593

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2011, 12:33:15 PM »

They do look good but not worth a cent, especially because the ones already in the game are really well done.
Now, if it was like God of War III where you get a bonus to damage, life or something people could be more inclined.

Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2011, 05:20:55 PM »

I just watched Ep 12 of Season 4 of Chuck. When Agent Walker comes out in leather with black hair, I'm like "Shit, it's Miranda in 3D!" And she's going on a suicide mission!!

Still loving the game...although the end boss on Horizon was a bitch! As were the 2 YMIR mechs on Eye for an Eye. The main thing that pissed me off was that I get my squad under high cover, but you trigger the mechs, my peeps warp out of cover and get slaughtered. So much for tactical planning.... I liked the mission to recruit Tali, especially that big open area you had to cross at the end. And finally, I love sniping in this game.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:25:01 PM by Madoka » Logged
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: February 12, 2011, 12:20:55 AM »

This game honestly looks and sounds awesome.  And damn well is awesome according to X360 friends, the review here, and videos and forum posts that I've seen.  Problem is, I'm not very good at shooters, especially those where careful placement of characters is key to victory/staying alive.  Exactly how much of a learning curve is required to play/enjoy/finish this game with any kind of sanity intact?

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 12, 2011, 02:12:01 AM »

Problem is, I'm not very good at shooters, especially those where careful placement of characters is key to victory/staying alive.

I pretty much never bothered with positioning unless the tutorial forced me. I suppose it could be critical on higher difficulties, but I'd have to wonder why you'd jump into those when you admit to not being a great shooter fan. I say just play it on Easy and enjoy the experience.

I also didn't really notice much of a learning curve, but the game IS streamlined more than ME1 was, almost to a fault.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: February 12, 2011, 02:58:36 AM »

Good point.  The videos I did see were played on Insanity, which I had forgotten until now.

I will pick this up eventually.  I'm on too high of a Dragon Age kick at the moment.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: February 12, 2011, 05:54:03 AM »

This game honestly looks and sounds awesome.  And damn well is awesome according to X360 friends, the review here, and videos and forum posts that I've seen.  Problem is, I'm not very good at shooters, especially those where careful placement of characters is key to victory/staying alive.  Exactly how much of a learning curve is required to play/enjoy/finish this game with any kind of sanity intact?

You can easily beat normal by just letting the AI do its thing. Don't worry.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Banestar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: February 12, 2011, 09:25:08 AM »

Problem is, I'm not very good at shooters, especially those where careful placement of characters is key to victory/staying alive.

I pretty much never bothered with positioning unless the tutorial forced me. I suppose it could be critical on higher difficulties, but I'd have to wonder why you'd jump into those when you admit to not being a great shooter fan. I say just play it on Easy and enjoy the experience.

I also didn't really notice much of a learning curve, but the game IS streamlined more than ME1 was, almost to a fault.

Couldn't agree more with Eusis here. I'm awful at shooters, and I just finished ME and started ME2. I played ME1 on Normal, until I hit a part I couldn't beat, then tuned down the difficulty, then brought it back up. That may make me lose gamer cred, but really, who cares? The games are fun enough to make it worth trying something I'm not very good at.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 12, 2011, 02:29:08 PM »

If you're worried about not having shooter/positioning skills, ME2 doesn't require as much of them unless you're on Insanity like Eusis said. When I played the demo, I was awful but eventually got the hang of it. After playing some shooters and then getting the full version of ME2, sure it helped, but it's not required nor is it the whole game.

I'd advise to try out the demo at least.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: February 12, 2011, 10:15:48 PM »

This game honestly looks and sounds awesome.  And damn well is awesome according to X360 friends, the review here, and videos and forum posts that I've seen.  Problem is, I'm not very good at shooters, especially those where careful placement of characters is key to victory/staying alive.  Exactly how much of a learning curve is required to play/enjoy/finish this game with any kind of sanity intact?

The game is awesome. It's been awhile since I have put off some other hobbies to play a specific game.

I suck at console shooters. SUCK! My first console shooter was Uncharted 2, and I had to play the first time on easy as I could not aim worth shit. If you've played either Uncharted, you should be ok as there is a lot of cover, which plays an important part in staying alive. You can also bring up the weapon or power selection screen to pause combat and look around. You can then order your squad to do 2 actions in addition to yours and when you get go of the power selection screen, they act. Your squadmates act reasonably intelligent, but I like to order them to cover. You don't have to do this tho. At the beginning when I was stilll learning, they were killing everything while I was trying to aim. I would say, they do well against the average enemy in the game, not so good on bosses, where your tactical planning seems more important. I use them to strip enemies of shields or barriers, so that I can snipe them with the Widow. You can revive downed allies without being next to them which is nice.

Bottom line is: Get it, play it, love it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 10:18:03 PM by Madoka » Logged
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »

Seems like it's unanimous, then.  I'll d/l the demo now and try it out, then will likely pick up the game itself. 

Thanks!

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2011, 01:26:33 PM »

Looks like there will be new dlc (besides the costumes) after all!

The new patch for the PS3 version contains 3 trophies for a new mission called Arrival:

The Ultimate Sacrifice
- Complete the Arrival DLC

Last Stand
-Survive all five waves in the battle for Object Rho

Covert Action
-Rescue Dr. Amanda Kenson without attracting hostile attention.

Hell yeah! I need this now Bioware, my money's right here.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: February 25, 2011, 01:30:19 PM »

Mass Effect 2 Upgrades and Polishes Hull in v1.01 Update

Worth a look to everybody that owns the PS3 version of this game.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2011, 03:43:02 AM »

Only sold 76k in January.

Pretty sad for 2010's GOTY.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2011, 04:26:44 AM »

It may double as a lesson for why you don't inherently need to strive to be multiplatform. Of course, it could also be a lesson to not charge full price on year late ports of games selling for $20 already! $40 would've been perfect, since you got the extra comic thing and all the DLC to date.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: