Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 09:44:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327183 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Resident Evil Revival Selection
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil Revival Selection  (Read 7427 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2011, 02:40:15 AM »

I can't cope with the old tank-mechanics, but I dislike the general shift from survival-action to just a third person shooter. It would be nice if they could meet in the middle somewhere and have some kind of love baby. RE4's first village battle definitely gave that feeling, but it falls off after that. Never played RE5, but from what I heard it was a disappointment.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2011, 03:24:24 AM »

I admit that Rebecca is awesome, so is Barry, Billy, Carlos.  Where in the hell are these people in the canon?  I wonder if RE6 is going to continue the action oriented over survival horror.  Revelations seems to satisfy my craving but I really want RE6 to return to the horrible tank controls that were RE0-CV.  If RE2 is ever remade (Never happening), I would want the camera system and controls to stay the same, although then people would bitch that it's not like RE5 or vice versa.  Maybe it's best to leave the old games alone and if you want to play RE2 or whatever game, just pop it in and enjoy XD.

Ahh...you poor soul. You apparently missed the preview for RE: ORC.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-resident-evil/720124

Capcom wants to change Resi, not take it back to any prior form. Aka; the Resident Evil series is now "Not Left 4 Dead But Really Is".
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2011, 05:04:40 AM »

ORC is a spin-off. Revelations seems to be more in the vein of the old games and they already said RE6 will be as well.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2011, 12:05:14 PM »

I truly hope what they say is true.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2011, 04:31:09 PM »

If RE2 is ever remade (Never happening), I would want the camera system and controls to stay the same, although then people would bitch that it's not like RE5 or vice versa.  Maybe it's best to leave the old games alone and if you want to play RE2 or whatever game, just pop it in and enjoy XD.

Actually, it is being remade. Just not in the way you'd expect. A Wii remake resembling Dead Space Extractions game-play (rail shooter) is coming out in a while (if it hasn't already). As far as I can tell, it takes you through the RE2 and code Veronica campaigns.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate: May as well.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2011, 07:57:53 PM »

If RE2 is ever remade (Never happening), I would want the camera system and controls to stay the same, although then people would bitch that it's not like RE5 or vice versa.  Maybe it's best to leave the old games alone and if you want to play RE2 or whatever game, just pop it in and enjoy XD.

Actually, it is being remade. Just not in the way you'd expect. A Wii remake resembling Dead Space Extractions game-play (rail shooter) is coming out in a while (if it hasn't already). As far as I can tell, it takes you through the RE2 and code Veronica campaigns.

This is so old I was surprised to see the post date was actually listed as Today.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2011, 12:42:28 PM »

I own it and was very disappointed.  It was a "what if" scenario, totally ruining both re2 and CV.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2011, 12:49:21 PM »

I didn't think it was that bad but sure, not in league with RE2 and CV. One thing I liked about it was the shaky camera.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: