Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 07:56:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319275 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Catherine from Persona team on PS360
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49 Print
Author Topic: Catherine from Persona team on PS360  (Read 66009 times)
Alan_01987

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:46:30 PM »

From gaf :

The only interesting new game in this week's Famitsu, looks like ADV from Persona team, not much to see in the scan...

- horror/adult action adventure
- producer Katsura Hashino
- chara design Shigenori Soejima
- composer Shoji Meguro

Not interested at all, but surprised it isn't an RPG and it looks like ecchi (:
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:20:45 PM »

Just a link to go along with the thread: http://www.giantbomb.com/atlus-co-ltd/65-442/catherine-atlus-goes-hd-on-the-ps3-and-360/35-439210/

Needless to say, I am VERY interested.

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »

I'll be looking into the soundtrack :P
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 12:28:36 AM »

This week's Famitsu has info on Atlus's newest game, Catherine.  In development for the PS3 and 360, it is described as an action adventure game with a 'horror twist'.  Details are quite scarce at this point, but Persona staff are working on it.

Linky.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 02:12:55 AM »

Merged, we already had a topic started but the link might be useful.

... I'm interested to find out more.
Alan_01987

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 02:22:16 AM »

Game Jouhou has posted a bunch of additional details on Catherine, Atlus's new PS3 and Xbox 360 action adventure game.

As detailed below, Catherine is the first HD game from Atlus. It's being made with key members of the Persona staff. Included in the staff list are Katsura Hashino as producer and director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as sound composer.

While the game's name is Catherine, the main character is actually a 32-year-old salaryman named Vincent (voiced by Koichi Yamadera). Catherine (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro) is a stylish 22-year-old girl who apparently has the charms of a young girl.

The game begins when Vincent, a vegetarian who has no ambition in work or love (I'm not sure if he's literally a "vegetarian," or if the term "vegetarian" is some sort of metaphor for his personality) runs into the mysterious Catherine one day. At night, he has nightmares.

The nightmares serve as an action component for the game. Set in a world with an unending stairway, Vincent has to make it to the top of the stairs, or he will not be able to awaken.

Based off Game Jouhou's summary, it's a bit unclear how the game will progress. However, it does seem that even during the nightmare action parts, you'll end up working through the story and encountering events.

During a staff interview, Hashino said that as their first HD game, rather than trying out a true RPG, the team was excited about trying out something new. It looks like Catherine will be just that, as Hashino said it will be more adult oriented than past titles from the team. It's not all style, though. Hashino promised a deep play experience with plenty of gameplay for players to sink their teeth into.

Soejima said that there are some shockingly adult scenes in the game. When you play these scenes, they'll be even more stimulating, although in a difference sense.

Meguro confirmed the adult leanings of the title, saying that the keywords for the game's music are "classic," "adult oriented" and "erotic." He also promised 5.1ch sound.

Meguro also made a comment that has Persona fans excited. He said that due to Catherine, he believes for the time being the staff won't be asked about their next title. However, at some point next year, perhaps he'll be able to respond "Regarding the RPG, Hashino and I are..."

A hint at Persona 5?
Andriasang.com

It sound worse than I thought , so far nothing suggest any kind of gameplay and It seemed to be a Persona without RPG elements or Random dungeon :)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 02:46:15 AM »

It sound worse than I thought , so far nothing suggest any kind of gameplay and It seemed to be a Persona without RPG elements or Random dungeon :)

It's not a Persona game so don't think of it as one.

I personally think it sounds very interesting. I'm always up for something unusual.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 03:13:05 AM »

Sounds interesting, I'll definitely keep my eye on this.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 12:18:11 PM »

Quoted from 1UP:-
Before we storm the hi-def consoles with one of our RPGs, we wanted to try making something new," Hashino told Famitsu magazine this week. "These are the results, and it's pretty weird...or, I should say, pretty neat! What's unusual about it is how geared toward adults it is... It may wind up being a love-or-hate kind of game, but to those who find it fascinating, I hope we can provide them with a novel and interesting experience.

So they're going to storm hi-def consoles with Persona 5 (or SMT IV), but they need to practice first... Sounds like a plan! Hopefully the next Persona will be set in a college setting, or even better, follow the life of a graduated protagonist. I always thought about how awesome that would be, and now they tease us with a game that has a 32 year old MC.

If they're announcing their current-gen RPG project next year, does that mean we won't get the game until 2012?

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 01:05:38 PM »

Sounds sensible.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 01:39:39 PM »

We haven't had a lot of horror this gen, so I'm in.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 02:05:23 PM »

I'm sad some people aren't as interested because it isn't the Persona 5 they were hoping for...
I'm interested - they hope to be different, and I'm curious about the more adult-orientated content

OMG MAIN HERO IS OVR 30!?!?!?!?!?

I'm almost sold for that reason alone - typical RPG brats and cast o' cliche's are started to hit my last nerve.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 02:17:18 PM »

I'm sad some people aren't as interested because it isn't the Persona 5 they were hoping for...
Yeah, no kidding. God forbid Atlus do new IPs unrelated to SMT. Fuck.

We haven't had a lot of horror this gen, so I'm in.
I know what you mean. I've been craving more, since I finished doing everything in Fatal Frame 4. I am ambiance starved.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 07:02:48 PM »

Oh my god... Anyone else claiming to make an adult game would probably make something less mature than Persona 4.  The fact that those people are NOW making an adult game...

After looking at the scan, I'm thinking the PS Move is more relevant than I thought.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 07:10:43 PM »

I'm interested - they hope to be different, and I'm curious about the more adult-orientated content

OMG MAIN HERO IS OVR 30!?!?!?!?!?

I'm almost sold for that reason alone - typical RPG brats and cast o' cliche's are started to hit my last nerve.

now this made me lol IRL.  I totally agree with you Dice.  I'm wondering, adult protagonist, and 360 version, could this mean they were thinking of the west when making this?  I wonder.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: