Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 09:06:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338222 Posts in 13846 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Catherine from Persona team on PS360
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49 Print
Author Topic: Catherine from Persona team on PS360  (Read 70788 times)
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 11:55:52 AM »

A freaking trailer is out!! Check it:-

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/20/catherine_trailer/

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 11:57:02 AM »

Sounds like Meguro's on his A Game again.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 12:09:08 PM »

I am very glad to hear that while Atlus is including 'adult' content they do not appear to be heading down the ecchi/fanservice path.
But to me it seems to be the opposite (: The way Atlus is trying to advertise this game with the pizza ad is disgusting. Since when did they get so desperate?

I'm talking more about the content of the game (at least from what we've heard so far) than the advertising.

Still, the trailer was great.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 02:24:11 PM »

Wow, the trailer has a lot of sex. Not sure what to make of that. Anyway, the glimpses of in-game footage looked really good, atlus' move to current gen hardware seems to be going smoothly, I guess we can expect this tech to be used on Persona 5.
Anyway, it sure looks interesting.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 02:38:21 PM »

That was a nice trailer indeed, I can't only see good things come out of this project.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 02:47:11 PM »

Wow, the trailer has a lot of sex. Not sure what to make of that.

The way people talk about this game I wonder if they're looking at the same promotional material that I am...yes, there was sex in the trailer, but a lot?  I suppose compared to most games that completely shy away from the subject any nonzero amount might seem like a lot, but it really didn't seem like that much to me.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »

I must be completely desensitized to sexual innuendo and suggestions at this point because I barely noticed. I mean, I know it's there but it barely registers in my brain.

Besides, if this game does end up having a lot of sex in it, I have faith in this team to be able to do sex the right way. I mean, with the Persona games they usually tackle a lot of deep emotional issues and they do it really well, and really eloquently. When you are writing a bunch of Japanese High Schoolers, you don't really get to tackle the issues that sexuality brings up in a lot of depth, because well, they are in High School.

All I'm saying is I don't think there is going to be sex in this game for sheer fanservice.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 04:20:11 PM »

I don't mean just the sex scene, whoever put this trailer together seems more concerned about giving us shots of the female character's body than of the actual game.
It's obvious that this will be amazing though.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2010, 04:27:37 PM »

Me likey.  The sexuality looks really tasteful and artfully done, and it also looks like the dev team was really able to let their creative monkeys run freer than usual.  Now I'm even more interested. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2010, 06:29:24 PM »

This looks pretty great, and if Persona 5 has the same visual style (i.e. character models that look almost as good as their portrait counterparts) I will be a very happy camper. I wonder what the gameplay will be like, though.

On the topic of sex, I agree with Neal that it is represented tastefully. With any luck the game will maintain a similar level of taste and tact in its presentation. Also, the trailer shows a CERO C rating (on a scale of A-B-C-D-Z) meaning the game won't be completely out of control.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2010, 09:47:50 PM »

this is a must have for me.
that "dream" thing and "unending stairway" make me think of P3, though mostly in a dungeon crawling way~

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2010, 09:54:01 PM »

I might play this and I rarely step out of my turn-based rpg comfort zone.

How strange that I say so, so early.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2010, 10:03:12 PM »

The saddest thing about this game is that if it wasn't made by the Persona team, it wouldn't be getting nearly as much attention.

Also, anything to do with horror is a "must" for me.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »

The saddest thing about this game is that if it wasn't made by the Persona team, it wouldn't be getting nearly as much attention.

Also, anything to do with horror is a "must" for me.

I know the Persona team put effort into their projects, and are talented creatively - so yes, I feel more optimistic for this title than if was made by Joe Nobody. This is because I have no experience with Joe Nobody.

If I saw this exact same ad, somehow without the Persona fame attracting my attention to, my interest would probably still be piqued because it looks weird and the art is fantastic.

It's simply been brought to my attention because of Persona-fame.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2010, 10:52:04 PM »

it will probably be more tame in the actual release. You can tell they are going for shock and wow value in the trailer. It indeed does look like Meguro is back on his A game and  I am really liking the art direction.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: