Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 03:05:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327662 Posts in 13414 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Catherine from Persona team on PS360
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49 Print
Author Topic: Catherine from Persona team on PS360  (Read 67882 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »

I can only hope that they treat the storyline and character building with actual maturity in mind, not hyper-sexualization. I do appreciate the titilation though. It would be so refreshing to play something that really explored that aspect of human relationships. We've had a decent streak of titles so far that touch on the human condition (NIER, Heavy Rain) so there's some hope. *Crosses fingers*
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2010, 01:35:24 PM »

I seriously think you guys are being over-hopeful about this. Everything we've seen so far really points toward a game that's just all about titillation and sexual gratification. Hey, I like my echi and sexual fantasies as much as the next guy, but my money is on that: that's pretty much what this is going to be. There's just no market there. Think about it. There's really no market for sexual fantasies with great writing and deep feeling. The moment a product revolves around titillation, just about everything else goes out the window. You may not like it, I may not like it, but it tends to be the case. Yes, there are some indie H games that are the exception, but if you're looking at widespread appeal, and ATLUS is a relatively mass-market game company, you're going to have little success combining titillation with depth. I know you are going to crucify me for saying this, that's just what I'm seeing.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2010, 04:30:17 PM »

I seriously think you guys are being over-hopeful about this. Everything we've seen so far really points toward a game that's just all about titillation and sexual gratification. Hey, I like my echi and sexual fantasies as much as the next guy, but my money is on that: that's pretty much what this is going to be. There's just no market there. Think about it. There's really no market for sexual fantasies with great writing and deep feeling. The moment a product revolves around titillation, just about everything else goes out the window. You may not like it, I may not like it, but it tends to be the case. Yes, there are some indie H games that are the exception, but if you're looking at widespread appeal, and ATLUS is a relatively mass-market game company, you're going to have little success combining titillation with depth. I know you are going to crucify me for saying this, that's just what I'm seeing.

I'm not going to crucify you, Prime Mover, just respectfully disagree.  On what basis do you think that there is no market for a game that combines 'titillation and depth'?  Products can be appreciated on multiple levels.

It's certainly true that there isn't much depth to most H games, but I think that has more to do with the fact that the creators realize they don't need it to sell and they don't necessarily have the desire (or the skills) to add real depth.  There is no basis for saying that adding depth would make the games not sell.  Actually, H games don't get more mainstream than Key's stuff and yet their games have (reasonably) intelligent writing too.

Have some faith in the team that is making this game.  They obviously have the skill to include depth, and there is absolutely nothing in the promotional material that makes me think this game will be a typical ecchi fantasy.  Those don't tend to involve weird nightmare dream worlds and turning into sheep.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2010, 09:09:58 PM »

Seems very doubtful.  Why spend that kind of money to make a high definition game only to completely alienate an entire country?  Even if US isn't their prime target, it just doesn't make sense in these times.

Not to mention the C rating.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:31:47 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2010, 02:09:55 AM »

I look at this game being about the consequences of letting your desires drive your actions.

Some people are quick to write this off as an eroge, but that's just appearances.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2010, 12:00:51 PM »

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/11/catherine_katherine/

lol

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2010, 02:18:44 PM »

That's an interesting premise. Just the fact that they went with adult characters instead of the typical teenagers deserves major props.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2010, 01:18:29 AM »

Lest it goes overlooked: Katherine is voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi.

That would be Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino's VA, among many others.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2010, 12:58:31 PM »

New trailer

Looks great.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2010, 01:04:09 PM »

Well, no one can complain that they were too turned on to pay attention during that trailer.

Did I see a monster made out of titties and tentacles?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2010, 01:11:19 PM »

Well, no one can complain that they were too turned on to pay attention during that trailer.

Did I see a monster made out of titties and tentacles?

I think I saw that too. Maybe this is an SMT spinoff after all? :P

This game continues to look really interesting. Even though we haven't seen any gameplay whatsoever....

NANOMACHINES, SON.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2010, 01:14:08 PM »

that video gives me a feeling this game will get increasingly bizarre as that release date nears.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2010, 02:38:47 PM »

I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
badsanta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »

Saw the trailer, read the premise, and I'm still going 'WTF?'. But that just makes me interested all the more. (In a good way.)

PS.Anybody know what was said in the trailer?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2010, 03:46:02 PM »

PS.Anybody know what was said in the trailer?

Yes.

Going by memory now (I'm supposed to be working...), but roughly speaking at the beginning of the trailer Katherine asks Vincent if he is listening and says he hasn't been answering his phone (I think...something like that).  She then asks if he's hiding something.  That's pretty much all the spoken dialogue in the trailer, and I think Andriasang translated some of the text.

At the end of the trailer when Vincent gets the mail on his phone he says, "But, this pose..." and trails off.  Presumably there was some kind of photo included.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: