Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 06:13:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334409 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Catherine from Persona team on PS360
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49 Print
Author Topic: Catherine from Persona team on PS360  (Read 69622 times)
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: July 13, 2011, 09:45:14 PM »

IGN gave Catherine a solid 9.0 out of 10

Just throwing this out there.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: July 13, 2011, 10:44:18 PM »

The amount of Classical music in this game is absurd. See if you can name them all without looking it up :3

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: July 13, 2011, 10:46:51 PM »

I am so excited for this now. It's turning out to be a way better game than I thought it would be; at first I expected it to be a fun distraction while I waited for Devil Survivor Overclocked, but now we'll see who will compete for my love.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: July 14, 2011, 01:27:29 AM »

I'll be getting the JAP version since they have a promotion of it on Play-Asia now. Depending of how much I like or don't understand (due to my limited japanese) I'll get the US version when it's cheaper.
Nevertheless the game appears to be amazing.

With this foundation I just hope Atlus doesn't take too long to release the next entry in the SMT universe.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: July 15, 2011, 10:22:27 PM »

I agree, but while I would love a Persona 5 I almost think I'd rather something totally new. That is one of the major attractions to me about SMT games, while similar they are also different in ways to make it fun and interesting.

Everything's Eventual
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: July 15, 2011, 11:53:47 PM »

An odd idea, but I'm starting to wonder if Catherine just started as a test for Persona 5's engine and evolved into something more. Either way, if this is Persona 5's engine I'll be happy; Persona 4's graphics could use some work (the faces look like Mr. Potato pieces were glued on to them).

Edit: Oh, and apparently when it isn't puzzling, it's a real-time adventure game. Cool.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:59:51 PM by Commander Jubby Shepard » Logged

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 16, 2011, 04:36:25 PM »

An odd idea, but I'm starting to wonder if Catherine just started as a test for Persona 5's engine and evolved into something more. Either way, if this is Persona 5's engine I'll be happy; Persona 4's graphics could use some work (the faces look like Mr. Potato pieces were glued on to them).

Which is hilarious to hear because this is the same engine used for most of Bethesda's recent RPGs, like Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3. It's an engine that most other times people would be booing for its inclusion and cheering for its removal, yet somehow Atlus has made it look really damn good. Similar goes for El Shaddai actually, but I guess that's an updated version or something.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: July 16, 2011, 05:56:42 PM »

Maybe Bethesda overtaxes the engine or something?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 16, 2011, 06:31:38 PM »

Maybe Bethesda overtaxes the engine or something?

Or they're completely awful at making decent looking human beings!

Actually, given that Catherine goes for an anime style that may've given it an advantage. The engine might secretly be a fantastic one for deliberately cartoonish designs (I thought it looked fine in Epic Mickey too), but turns attempts at rendering realistic characters, well, cartoonish.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: July 16, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »

They are probably rendering far fewer polygons with the cel-shaded look for one thing, but the art direction in Oblivion is a whole other problem, haha.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: July 17, 2011, 08:31:16 AM »

So, this essentially looks like Persona, has adventure elements and mainly consists of frustrating block puzzles. I'm not really sure how I feel about this, to be honest.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 17, 2011, 07:17:30 PM »

Apparently the game's MOSTLY a cakewalk on Easy, if you're just interested in the experience. I liked what I played of the demo, so I'm definitely sold.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: July 17, 2011, 08:23:06 PM »

Me too. I was just about to order my Japanese version when I decided to play the demo of the US version. A mistake.
After bitching about months that I wanted dual audio the audio in the US version does seem pretty damn good. I don't think it's better than the Jap version but it's certainly more than decent, it's actually GOOD!

Now I can't made up my mind lol.

I agree, but while I would love a Persona 5 I almost think I'd rather something totally new. That is one of the major attractions to me about SMT games, while similar they are also different in ways to make it fun and interesting.

Me too. I'd love to see some new entry in the Megaten series before Persona 5 comes. Thinking back how long Atlus supported the last days of the PS2 I think it would be safe to assume they'll do the same since they took so long to begin with. I'm hope for at least 4 more games in this engine on the PS3 and possibly more on PS Vita.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 17, 2011, 08:37:12 PM »

I find it really, really odd how I'm hearing this crying out for dual audio more for Catherine than perhaps any other game I've seen, even moreso given it takes place in America anyway. Does this have to do with how this is practically an anime you play out, a relatively mature one at that? The fact we haven't had many niche Japanese games on consoles with loads of voice acting like in prior generations? Or perhaps games like Resonance of Fate, Vanquish, and even Xenoblade making it now expected for a game to have both English and Japanese VA? Actually, that last one WOULD explain it, and I know people have always wanted the option, but it seems like people are more vocal this time than before.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: July 18, 2011, 12:07:19 AM »

Well, they said here that it was placed in America when in fact it could be anywhere and the characters behave much more like a japanese person than an american, especially on the subjects in question.
Not only that but the cast for the japanese voices are incredibly famous in Japan and by fans and they all do amazing jobs.

Now, since Eternal Sonata had voices, also Valkyria Chronicles, Resonance of Fate, Lost Odyssey, Disgaea, Atelier Rorona, just to name a few, many from different companies and publishers why can't this one have it ?
I think it's not ONLY the case of which is better, nor a person's own preference but also the chance to experience a game in a different way.

A little of Catherine but when people say Atlus VA are good I most of the time do not agree. I think the dub in Persona 3 was horrible and Persona 4 bad. Bearable ? sure but far from good. It's not because a game has better dub than Star Ocean (total crap) that I should consider it good, right ?

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: