Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 04:04:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331603 Posts in 13576 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Catherine from Persona team on PS360
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 Print
Author Topic: Catherine from Persona team on PS360  (Read 68873 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: August 07, 2011, 07:19:53 AM »

I just watched Cath's true ending, I just had to see how that would turn out and damn, just... wow...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: August 07, 2011, 07:29:31 AM »

Code:
Before the final level Vincent is inclined to go with Kath but ultimately you will tip the scale towards one of them with the answers you give,
that's why when he says her name during the final level it doesn't appear in the subtitles,
because only you know which one of them he's actually thinking about,
you have to interpret it as being the one you will choose.
At that specific point in the game it's up in the air, it can go either way depending on those last 3 choices that only you know how you'll answer.
My karma meter was on the law side but my final answers made me choose C though it gave me the bad ending.
With different choices I can use that karma to get the good K ending.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: August 08, 2011, 12:58:29 AM »

Code:
[url=http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605302-catherine/58295955?page=1]Videos of all eight endings.[/url]

Edit: They're all in Japanese. I'll leave them just in case.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:52:45 AM by Commander Jubby Shepard » Logged

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: August 08, 2011, 04:34:13 AM »

I cheked the wiki again, you need 5 playthroughs to see all endings, not 6, having either heavy law or chaos also llows you to see freedom good.

One thing I've been wanting to say is that I'm amazed at how well the classical music works with the puzzles.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: August 08, 2011, 04:07:25 PM »

Code:
[url=http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605302-catherine/58295955?page=1]Videos of all eight endings.[/url]

Edit: They're all in Japanese. I'll leave them just in case.

A youtube search will work as well.  I finished the game last night and watched the rest on Youtube.  Catherine True ending is definitely my favorite.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Lucky D

Email
« Reply #695 on: August 08, 2011, 05:27:14 PM »

I know I came into this conversation late, but did you guys give totally honest answers + choices the first time around? I did, and I managed to get the Freedom True Ending, which made me super proud, since it was the sort of ending I had envisioned.

Since then, I've gotten the Catherine True Ending and thought that was amazing as well, though.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: August 08, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »

No really. From what I've seen of the ending guide if I'd answered honestly the first time I'd wind up with the Katherine True. XD
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: August 09, 2011, 06:02:06 PM »

So I finally knuckled down and earned the Catherine True for myself (albeit I used Very Easy mode since I was curious and basically playing it in God Mode was way too hard not to give up since I just wanted to speed run it). Totally worth it and easily the best ending in the game. However, I have to say, considering the game was practically grabbing you by the bollocks and dragging you kicking and screaming down Katherine's path the ending is...pretty darn lame. (I watched in on YT last night; glad I did otherwise I'd have been pissed about wasting time for such a let down.)

I mean really this is all we get:

Code:
-They get married.
-Erica is completely revealed as Eric (which you can figure out quite easily on any other playthrough.)
-Katherine says "I love you."; not boding well for the relationship since this is the first time she's said it whole game.

Compared to the sort of philosophical/comedic ending of True Freedom and the pure comedy gold ending of True Affair...True Love just comes off as...really half baked. Especially considering the crux of Vincent's arguement is:

Code:
Hey, just because I cheated on you with someone imaginary means it doesn't count. Well it sorta does, but really it doesn't.

It just makes Katherine come off as an idiot. I mean really what has Vincent done for her to patch the relationship? The tower doesn't count, Catherine doesn't count as not only was Katherine not present for any of it by his own logic
Code:
it wasn't in reality so it shouldn't count.
After being a distant loafer while she might've been pregnant about all he does is
Code:
trick her into meeting him to claim he was pretty much psychotic during that time period and he basically had a huge daydream about cheating on her.
That...no, for a game that tries to take the relationship plot quasi-seriously that does not float any boat; ever. Not even naive pre-teens in hormone-driven crush-love would buy that excuse.
Lucky D

Email
« Reply #698 on: August 09, 2011, 06:11:06 PM »

Zeron, I agree. It seems like the True Freedom ending + the True Cheaters ending were the most well done, but eh, leave it up to Atlus to prefer those sorts of paths.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:13:22 PM by Lucky D » Logged
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: August 09, 2011, 06:14:52 PM »

Zeron, I agree. It seems like the True Freedom ending was the most well done, but eh, leave it up to Atlus to prefer that sort of path.

I thought True Freedom was pretty badly done. It was a 10 second animation added on to Good Freedom and it pissed me off to see it.

I liked the Catherine endings the best, but they were really crazy.

Bad Katherine felt most realistic, but she was still in love with Vincent so I can stretch my imagination and pretend she'd be willing to accept his "I was going crazy but t's okay now not really" excuse.

Lucky D

Email
« Reply #700 on: August 09, 2011, 06:23:46 PM »

Zeron, I agree. It seems like the True Freedom ending was the most well done, but eh, leave it up to Atlus to prefer that sort of path.

I thought True Freedom was pretty badly done. It was a 10 second animation added on to Good Freedom and it pissed me off to see it.

I liked the Catherine endings the best, but they were really crazy.

Bad Katherine felt most realistic, but she was still in love with Vincent so I can stretch my imagination and pretend she'd be willing to accept his "I was going crazy but t's okay now not really" excuse.

Um, I thought in Good Freedom..
Code:
Feather lost, but in True Freedom I know she wins and Vincent gets the money which lets him go on the space tour. Also, doesnt Vincent get a bit upset in Good Freedom about Johnny asking Katherine out, or so I read on the wiki, yet in the True Freedom, it didn't seem to bother him one bit at all.

Mind you, the only endings I got were True Freedom and True Cheaters, so I wouldn't know for sure about that in Good Freedom. Just going off what I read on the wiki.
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: August 09, 2011, 06:33:17 PM »

Good and True Freedom were exactly the same but True extended it slightly.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: August 09, 2011, 07:19:44 PM »

I'm going to replay the final dungeon to get the other possible endings and them I'm doing another playthrough on very easy and do everything as differently as I can.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: August 09, 2011, 07:43:33 PM »

I'm going to replay the final dungeon to get the other possible endings and them I'm doing another playthrough on very easy and do everything as differently as I can.

Just trigger Very Easy Mode on your save file (assuming you're at a point where you still have access to your cell phone) and Gold Medal everything on VE Mode it's virtually impossible not to gold medal since Undo not only doesn't incur penalty points but it actually refreshes the combo meter. So if you're about to lose your combo just pull a block and hit undo for a meter refresh. Once you have full Golds you can actually skip the puzzle stages; which is preferable if you're just going ending hunting.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: August 09, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »

So I finally knuckled down and earned the Catherine True for myself (albeit I used Very Easy mode since I was curious and basically playing it in God Mode was way too hard not to give up since I just wanted to speed run it). Totally worth it and easily the best ending in the game. However, I have to say, considering the game was practically grabbing you by the bollocks and dragging you kicking and screaming down Katherine's path the ending is...pretty darn lame. (I watched in on YT last night; glad I did otherwise I'd have been pissed about wasting time for such a let down.)

I mean really this is all we get:

Code:
-They get married.
-Erica is completely revealed as Eric (which you can figure out quite easily on any other playthrough.)
-Katherine says "I love you."; not boding well for the relationship since this is the first time she's said it whole game.

Compared to the sort of philosophical/comedic ending of True Freedom and the pure comedy gold ending of True Affair...True Love just comes off as...really half baked. Especially considering the crux of Vincent's arguement is:

Code:
Hey, just because I cheated on you with someone imaginary means it doesn't count. Well it sorta does, but really it doesn't.

It just makes Katherine come off as an idiot. I mean really what has Vincent done for her to patch the relationship? The tower doesn't count, Catherine doesn't count as not only was Katherine not present for any of it by his own logic
Code:
it wasn't in reality so it shouldn't count.
After being a distant loafer while she might've been pregnant about all he does is
Code:
trick her into meeting him to claim he was pretty much psychotic during that time period and he basically had a huge daydream about cheating on her.
That...no, for a game that tries to take the relationship plot quasi-seriously that does not float any boat; ever. Not even naive pre-teens in hormone-driven crush-love would buy that excuse.

It's funny because the woman with the red afro actually says that in her opinion Katherine was too forgiving. It's true that in the end the intention to cheat was still there but I've known plenty of cases where people ended up forgiving a cheat, I don't find it that hard to swallow because it happens a lot in real life, they might break up but they eventually get over it.
I just got Kath's good ending and watched the true ending on YT. The good ending is a lot hotter :-) Both are very nice though.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: