Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 03:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318971 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ys Seven
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Ys Seven  (Read 7808 times)
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 07:44:07 PM »

Part of me thinks amongst the PSP RPGs, we'll give it to Ys Seven, even though I favor Felghana. We gave awards to the PC version back in '05 when we factored in imports. Ys Seven is a fresh entry.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 01:15:45 AM »

Finished Ys SEVEN about an hour ago. Review is in the works. :)

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 01:20:58 AM »

Hmm, Ys Seven seems to me like one of those titles that is best played in moderation (hour-long spurts) so it doesn't get repetitive.

On the other hand, you really do get a high coming off these bosses.  It's quite satisfying. No blinking allowed!

Also, I'm glad you guys probably won't give PSP GotY to P3P.  I'm not saying it's a bad game, but there are great new titles, as well.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:23:05 AM by Cyril » Logged
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 01:57:46 AM »

Well hard to say for the time being. Could be most of the others will fight for P3P to win. I'll fight for fresh titles, or games that never hit the US before!

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 02:47:21 AM »

How long is this game?

I'm on my way to the 3rd city, 3-4 hours in. I feel bad backlogging DQIX (final boss) and FFIV (final dungeon).

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 03:20:25 AM »

Well hard to say for the time being. Could be most of the others will fight for P3P to win. I'll fight for fresh titles, or games that never hit the US before!

Yeah, seriously. A favorite is a favorite, and it's great when it's re-released so that it doesn't just fade away or become too expensive/hard to find (see: Suikoden II), but it has no right to steal awards from newer games, or at least those that are remade into effectively new games. Not unless there is literally nothing else to present an award to (yes Final Fantasy VI, you ARE the best Game Boy Advance game!).
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 11:05:21 AM »

How long is this game?

Most people quote 25-30 hours.

My end time was 26 hours. I beat the game on Normal difficulty.

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »

Well... Almost 7 hours in. This game is glorious and my GOTY.

Can't wait for Ys Chronicles actually.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 12:38:34 AM »

I've been checking the Musical Selections that came in the Premium Edition, and it does justice to the word "selection".

But, I can't understand why they left out "Don't Go So Smoothly", "Uncertainty In The Future", "Tia -The Defended-" and "Person Who Brings End". With those four tracks in this CD this could have been a perfect compilation of the soundtrack.

Either way, this is a pretty good Disc with well selected music from the original soundtrack in my opinion. And they included "Rush Out!" that alone is pretty cool.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 12:55:54 AM »

Well with Don't Go So Smoothly, it's originally an Ys II song, so that's out. The next 2 are scenery music, and though those were my favorite 2 scene music in the game, the selector(s) probably thought it was just best to keep the major themes. As for the last one, yeah that's a shame since that is also good. I agree overall that this is a really good selection album and trimmed nearly all of the weaknesses of the full album.

macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 05:58:54 PM »

It saddens me to say it, but I just feel done with DQIX now, it failed to get its hooks in me...  Please come to Europe Ys, please.

Maybe and just maybe... Xseed could follow atlus example and release their games through the Psn network.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's actually Atlus following XSEED's example, since XSEED has been releasing their games on PSN for a long time now.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »

Doesn't everyone release PSP games on the PSN these days?  Sure there are still quite a few older titles that aren't available digitally, but I'm not aware of any recent (i.e., since they started the whole thing) game that's not available on the PSN.

Though it is true that sometimes the release dates aren't exactly the same.

ULTROS!
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »

I finally finished the game, loved it except for the final boss because:
Code:
The boss AKA The Root of All Existence has 3 parts, each having 90k~150k HP each, battle takes a good 45 minutes, and requires mega button mashing.

Although the ending was an absolute tear jerker.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2010, 06:15:46 AM »

Enjoying the snot out of the game despite the repetition (go to X shrine to get Y seal x 5), but I have to still say my favorite is still Ys Books I-II - no disrespect to Felghana, its just too short. I really hope we see some Ys lovin on the home consoles eventually. Ys SEVEN on Xbox Live co-op would rock my socks off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: