Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 09:47:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327920 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread  (Read 16709 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 08:10:41 PM »

Yeah that site got a lot of popularity lately. Fuck, I should have thought of that. Imagine how much money he'll get from ads, haha. Hundrds.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 11:46:09 PM »

http://ealouse.wordpress.com/

Interesting rant.  Whether it's the real deal or not is up for debate, but $300 million on this game?  Holy shit.

Going to throw this in too.
Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 12:27:12 AM »

http://ealouse.wordpress.com/

Interesting rant.  Whether it's the real deal or not is up for debate, but $300 million on this game?  Holy shit.

Going to throw this in too.

haha! I like Jaffe's style, sounds like a dude I could hang with.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 12:53:06 AM »

jaffe smash
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 04:42:52 AM »

I've been looking into the game a bit more, and while I'm still very interested in it, I do have my worries.

The big price tag is a huge gamble, in my opinion. I'm not sure the normal Joe-Schmo gamer really cares how much you're spending on the thing (Movie industry and the game industry are very different since the former gets way more publicity), though I suppose if you're trying to pull in MMO nerds like us and people playing WoW it'll raise an eyebrow.

That aside, it looks like the main drag of the game is that it'll have a huge storyline and fully voiced cutscenes for each class. For an online game, that's damn impressive. Here's my question though...are they doing anything on the MMO side of the game? MMOs are also about people staying, and while people can play each class and try to get the storyline for each one, from the way it's sounding it would have to be really fucking long if they plan on making that money back.

I'm really liking the idea of improving the story of MMOs, my only problem is that in the past, many games have made that experience really annoying by chopping the story into several segments, making huge level gaps between each mission, or both. It sounds like TOR wants to avoid both of these...what do we do once we're done with that stuff, then?
Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 01:37:04 PM »

Here's my question though...are they doing anything on the MMO side of the game? MMOs are also about people staying, and while people can play each class and try to get the storyline for each one, from the way it's sounding it would have to be really fucking long if they plan on making that money back.

The impression I get is that the storyline part of the game will replace/expand upon the traditional "quest for experience points" system.  In my experience, people hardly ever group for normal quests in every other MMO. 
I think what SWTOR is doing is just making the usual solo quest grind into more of a single player RPG experience because, like I said, people probably aren't going to group up for things they can solo anyways.  I think it's a great idea and it sure beats the "errand boy" feeling you get from WoW or others.

From what I understand, the game will still have the common MMO things, dungeons to group up for, PvP, .....actually if ya break it down, dungeons and PvP are really the only two gameplay aspects that make an MMO an MMO, people either want to group up and kill NPCs or group up and kill each other.  As far as things like crafting and player economy, I don't know for sure that SWTOR has these, but I would assume.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 04:08:38 PM »

Yeah the questing should be a fusion of the Bioware style (KOTOR, Mass Effect) except mixed with an MMO setup where you can group together too.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cwvSJr1UrA
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 09:59:47 PM »

wtf
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 11:10:24 PM »

that is the dance you will see when i am standing over your stupid jedi corpse
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 12:17:44 AM »

you mean the dance you'll be doing as a ghost when my trooper teabags you
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 03:29:40 AM »

i sense much anger in you
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 07:36:42 AM »

Fuck you
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 09:23:12 AM »

oh look its anakin ps no one likes you

its only a matter of time before you are a clumsy awkward sith that still isnt liked
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 12:40:20 PM »

I'm sure he had a few friends as Darth Vader.

SPOILERS FOR THE ENTIRE STAR WARS UNIVERSE

Code:
The Jedi win.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 12:49:21 PM by Thoren » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: