Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 01:10:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329760 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread  (Read 16984 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2011, 06:27:53 AM »

Pretty much decided to get this, just wondering if there is any benchmark for this game yet? I'd like to know if my current laptop could run this thing before I go for it.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2011, 07:26:56 AM »

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

RAM: Windows XP: 1.5GB Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB PCs using a built-in graphical chipset, 2GB RAM recommended.

Video: ATI X1800 or better* nVidia 7800 or better* Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*

DVD-ROM 8x or better

*Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2011, 06:22:16 PM »

I also wanted to point out to folks, that for the CE, the bust you get from gentle giant is where alot of the money is going to.  Those things are like...50 bucks at the cheapest. And the bounty hunter from TOR bust that seems similar (though I have  is like over 100 bucks.  So..yeah.  I would expect the Malgus bust, especially since its limited edition, to sell for quite a bit, especially if the quantity is indeed limited to a fair degree.  I pre ordered mine from Amazon as well.  But you will always have those idiots reselling it like that, cause eventually it will work and they will get their money.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2011, 07:02:10 PM »

I love how all of the re-sellers all have "Just Launched" on their accounts. God damn jackals.....
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2011, 12:54:27 PM »

Despite my better judgement, I'm actually going to get this. As much as I don't trust EA and the way they like to do things, I'm going to go ahead and give them the benefit of the doubt.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2011, 06:44:08 PM »

Cool video of one of the flashpoints, about 13 minutes long.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/01/the-old-republic-gameplay-demonstration-blasts-through-the-essel/

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
A.I.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2011, 01:45:18 AM »

some ingame footage from the gamescom including a live raid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG8Qf_1IP7w

beware of some parts being in German....well since it's pretty much material from a convention...in Germany.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:48:49 AM by A.I. » Logged
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2011, 08:47:55 AM »

December 20th, hurry damn you.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2011, 09:50:08 AM »

I have to wonder... who the hell decided it was a great idea to send out this press release at 8:30 (Central) on a Saturday morning?

I suppose there's that Eurogamer show this weekend... but still an interesting time to post a release.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:57:04 AM by KeeperX » Logged

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2011, 11:15:47 PM »

So I got into the beta (before the email debacle) and I really kind of dig the game. Yes it's a traditional MMO through and through, but there's something DRASTICALLY different about it....

You don't kill spiders, rats and bears in the opening areas (or even Star Wars equivalents). THAT is almost enough to be better than WoW.

I have a Bounty Hunter at level 5, a Jedi Consular at 9, a Sith Warrior at 11 and a Jedi Knight at 2 (dont ask...) Dig it.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2011, 07:09:47 PM »

So I got into the beta (before the email debacle) and I really kind of dig the game. Yes it's a traditional MMO through and through, but there's something DRASTICALLY different about it....

You don't kill spiders, rats and bears in the opening areas (or even Star Wars equivalents). THAT is almost enough to be better than WoW.

I have a Bounty Hunter at level 5, a Jedi Consular at 9, a Sith Warrior at 11 and a Jedi Knight at 2 (dont ask...) Dig it.

Thats great! Could you possibly discuss without breaking the NDA about the smuggler? Out of those classes you have played, which are your favorite? How is the companion system? TELL ME....
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2011, 12:17:48 AM »

I've been in the closed beta since the beginning of August and I'm also enjoying it. I haven't had much time to play lately though.

Pretty much all that can be said with the NDA. :/
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:13:15 PM by Tsi Aileron » Logged

Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2011, 08:35:52 AM »

Fair enough, a try is a try.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2011, 05:13:58 PM »

As good as this game looks, I'm starting to think I'll end up giving it a pass after all. Knowing my track record with MMOs I'll probably over play it for a few days then end up dropping it entirely and feel like I've wasted my money. That, and I don't really have the time for committing to an MMO. Cant say its not tempting though.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2011, 11:07:29 PM »

Why is Tatooine a planet of interest? I haven't read more than 6 or 10 books but I doubt it shit to do w/ the Old Republic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: