Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 10:12:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338670 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn  (Read 2125 times)
Hobbun

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 23, 2010, 07:33:54 PM »

I was at my local Gamestop today to put a preorder down for Valkyria Chronicles 2 and the employee asked me if I had put my preorder in for the new Golden Sun. I told him I had heard it was probably not going to see NA this year as it wasn't on Nintendo's list of games for 2010. However, he indicated he has the game in their computer for November of this year, along with the strategy guide.

I thought it was a bit odd. When I got home, I then saw the article on this website about what I had heard, in GS (for NA) most likely not seeing a 2010 release, but is slated for late 2010 for Japan. Makes me wonder, do you think Nintendo might do a simultaneous release for the game for both Japan and NA? It's kind of odd GS is dated for November for both game and guide. It's not like the date was a placeholder date, as it was the middle of the month. And again, the guide is dated as well.  

What do you think?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 08:18:25 PM »

I think you should take anything a Gamestop employee tells you with a dump truck full of salt.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 08:59:56 PM »

The way pre-orders work in GameStop/EB Games is that any game confirmed for release (but unknown release date) is given a date in their computer system close to the end of the year. Whoever you spoke to was probably a newbie employee and didn't realise it was unconfirmed.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 09:00:46 PM »

I still have Duke Nukem Forever pre-ordered

sigh
Hobbun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 09:06:48 PM »

Yes, I'm all aware of how you can't take anything for face value at Gamestop. However, usually that's when it's a placeholder date, which it does not sound like it is, due to being the middle of the month. On top of that, the guide is scheduled to come out this year (even from Amazon), as well. Would be odd to release the guide in November, but then the game come out next year.

It is a possibility Nintendo could do a simultaneous launch with the game. Not necessarily simultaneous as in same day, but within a week of one another.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 10:37:35 PM »

There was an official release list from Nintendo for the rest of the year....last week I think? Within the last two anyway, and GS Dark Dawn wasn't on it. I've been wondering if it's delayed as well.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:19:44 AM »

Hearing of this game makes me sad...  I never got round to playing the previous 2 Golden Sun games - I hurt a little inside every time I think of that.

I loved them. Definitely worth a play if you can find them (read: ebay).

Though I didn't realise how many people actually didn't like them until I joined here.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 06:34:11 PM »

I'll try and borrow a cartridge from a friend or something.  And as I was writing this post, I realised I upgraded to a DSi recently so maybe I'll ask him for a GBA too...

That's the reason I still have my DS Lite! :)

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 03:33:48 AM »

Release date(s): November 29 (NA) and sometime in 2010 for Europe.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 04:28:12 AM »

That is some sweet cover art.

I bet ours will be different. And suck.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 11:34:53 AM »

That looks great.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 04:29:34 PM »

Think it will use your save file from either of the gba games? Something like The lost age did to the original.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 10:52:26 PM »

Maybe. But probably not. Too much of a time gap between Lost Age and Dark Dawn.

Also, thanks for reminding me about the horrible, ridiculously long password you had to put in. Ugh.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 09:53:59 AM »

Golden Sun and The Lost Age were planned together, which is why Golden Sun had that dumb code system to begin with. Honestly, while I didn't feel Golden Sun was as improperly split as say, the 4 .Hack games, I don't think they were fully satisfying individually, either. I got that with Shining Force 3, but not Golden Sun (Of course that might have to do with the fact that SF3's story was actually interesting whereas Golden Sun's wasn't, not so much an actual difference in the amount of actual content).

With the DS able to do the dongle thing with GBA games I suppose they could actually add in some bonus for people that have it in the GBA slot while they play, like the Pokemon games did.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 02:14:54 PM »

With the DS able to do the dongle thing with GBA games I suppose they could actually add in some bonus for people that have it in the GBA slot while they play, like the Pokemon games did.

And assuming Nintendo isn't pressuring developers to cut the features due to systems not having it, which would seem like something Nintendo would do unless it was just too damn significant such as Pokemon... though that was helped with precedence too.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: