Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 08:18:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330159 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPG2 (Gravel Train)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RPG2 (Gravel Train)  (Read 2486 times)
Ryougakusha

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2010, 08:51:40 AM »

For anyone else who's interested in RPG2 by Gravel Train, I noticed a preview movie was posted within the last week, and the gallery seems to have a handful of new screens.
Ryougakusha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:03:23 PM »

I noticed the Gravel Train site also has an indie gaming blog link and Facebook link on it, now.  From what I can tell, it seems like the guy might start posting updated screens and info now and then on the blog.
Ryougakusha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »

Well, there's been an update to the website. I've ( 'I' being the webmaster of graveltrain ) added a 'Characters' page with a few character profile pics uploaded. I'll post the main hero here....  Hope this gets a little discussion going.

By the way I am NOT Ryougakusha. This is my cousin's account and I'm forced to use it because both of my attempts to become a member on this message board went unanswered. (I'm posting a real complaint elsewhere on the forum). Now that I've bored everyone with my forum woes, I'll get back to the game. Does anyone have any questions or comments?

At any rate, enjoy the pics :)

GravelTrain Webmaster
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 06:42:40 PM »

I like the bald-headed nun lady with the hammer hands that look like oversized barrels of a colt 45 revolver. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
SnaggleToe
Indie Developer

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 03:10:44 PM »

Thanks Dincrest, but actually those are cupcakes!!! Just kidding. I unofficially refer to them as the 'Thumps', and I'm sure that you've got a pretty good idea what she does with them.
SnaggleToe
Indie Developer

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 10:41:18 AM »

Just wanted to get a ShoutOut to everyone that I posted a new gameplay movie on the website. http://graveltrain.com/
Direct link... http://graveltrain.com/media.htm

I've been fond of the 'caterpillar' walk system ever since I played DragonWarriorII so I've been working on implementing that to the walkabout engine.
Also I added a 2nd character to the battle system to show the turn order mechanics a little better.
Lastly I've added a gem/item collection segment after the battle.
Post-lastly I've finally gotten around to adding a little voice, and a few more animation effects.

cheers
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 10:43:53 AM by SnaggleToe » Logged
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 02:22:37 PM »

Nice.  I'm digging how the environments are colorful like Secret of Mana, and the game looks like it plays like Shining Force what with traditional exploration but SRPG battles. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Ryougakusha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 03:35:56 PM »

It's good to see the caterpillar train in motion; I'm glad you were able to make it work.  It's also nice to hear a little voice work.

I like the new Attack, Defend, etc. buttons, too.
SnaggleToe
Indie Developer

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 07:55:55 PM »

I just wanted to redirect this to the new thread that I started with the updated name 'Stone Age Square Battle'... http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=8065.0
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: