Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 12:36:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332803 Posts in 13636 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atlus Absorbed, Merges With Mobile Developer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Atlus Absorbed, Merges With Mobile Developer  (Read 4111 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 11:50:21 AM »

I really hope this doesn't mean future Atlus games are going the cellphone route.  I really don't want to have to play the next SMT on a friggin cellphone.

It seems to me like there is no RPG-centric company more universally loved than Atlas (at least amongst people who have actually played their games).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:48:58 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 01:24:56 PM »

Do you really not know who Atlus is? They make all the Shin Megami Tensei games. Just recently they announced they were going to publish a couple Naruto games for the first time.

Anyway, this is a quote from the admin on the Atlus USA website.

"Don't worry, guys. This is just some corporate organizational maneuvering and won't affect anything we do."

http://atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=215041#post215041

"Oh, a hunter..."
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 01:31:33 PM »

Why would ATLUS all of a sudden make an erotic game called Catherine? I guess we have our answer now.

The future looks so... bleak. Someone please reassure us!

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 01:36:28 PM »

Did you not see my post right above yours? It's not going to affect Atlus.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 01:38:07 PM »

I cry for Atlus

Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 02:04:08 PM »

That headline gave me a friggin' heart attack. It looks like nothing is really changed though Atlus is still the same people and everything is still being released under the same name. So I'm going to still be optimistic, but if the next few Atlus games suck we have our scapegoat.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 02:21:40 PM »

Do you really not know who Atlus is? They make all the Shin Megami Tensei games. Just recently they announced they were going to publish a couple Naruto games for the first time.

Anyway, this is a quote from the admin on the Atlus USA website.

"Don't worry, guys. This is just some corporate organizational maneuvering and won't affect anything we do."

http://atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=215041#post215041

Thank God! Keep your hands off my ATLUS you filthy whores!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 02:23:51 PM »

The same Admin replied again:

Atlus is not becoming a mobile games company. The original story doesn't even say that. This is purely a corporate maneuvering so that Index, which is a mobile games company, has easier access to Atlus IPs. That's all.

It's basically what I said in my first post, no need to worry.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 02:38:06 PM »

I could kiss someone right now. Phew. So glad.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 02:49:45 PM »

wow you guys are so....i really don't know the word.  I've seen this a shitload of times in the industry.  The creative teams remain intact, it just the money people are different.  Knowing japanese companies it just means the money people merged into one entity.  Wanna know what changes? the course of the employees paychecks, nothing else.  

man if you guys freak out when suits change, I wonder what would happen if accountants change, or *gasp* someone in the creative team.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 03:09:41 PM »

Look, I'm not stupid. I don't jump every time I hear news like this.

But don't you think the conveniently timed announcement of a game that deviates away from what ATLUS is known for doing in the past 24 years kinda... ya know... suspicious? I just wanted to poke fun at it is all.

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 03:13:26 PM »

But don't you think the conveniently timed announcement of a game that deviates away from what ATLUS is known for doing in the past 24 years kinda... ya know... suspicious? I just wanted to poke fun at it is all.

You so haven't played the earlier megaten games I assume.  Also if it was a mobile developer ordering the persona team to make a game to their liking, would the game be more casual?  mainstream? accessable?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 03:37:47 PM by Logick » Logged

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 03:16:54 PM »

If this was done so Index has easier access to Atlus IPs though, maybe it means we /will/ see some cellphone-bound SMT games. However if they're not being done by the Atlus team, they'll probably go down the sucky route.

I'm really not that worried about my core SMT games though. (And unfortunately, those are really the only Atlus made games I care much for.)

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 03:17:34 PM »

wow you guys are so....i really don't know the word.  I've seen this a shitload of times in the industry.  The creative teams remain intact, it just the money people are different.  Knowing japanese companies it just means the money people merged into one entity.  Wanna know what changes? the course of the employees paychecks, nothing else.  

man if you guys freak out when suits change, I wonder what would happen if accountants change, or *gasp* someone in the creative team.

I know I definately overreacted, but that was because I simply don't understand stocks and business' and the like, so I don't know what is common and what isn't. So for all I knew, the people who make my favourite games could have been broken up. But they are not, and I am glad. Simple.

My ignorance in the matter probably led my mind to wander off to worst case scenario.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 03:42:13 PM »

Yo so haven't played the earlier megaten games I assume.  Also if it was a mobile developer ordering the persona team to make a game to their liking, would the game be more casual?  mainstream? accessable?

wait... Did you just dis the older SMT entries? Man, they were never advertised as erotic games. Sure they had sexual themes, but have you seen Catherine? Every single news article included the terms "erotic" and "H game". And as far as I know none of the megaten games was centred around eroticism.

And about the Persona series becoming more casual and accessable... Well that's how games are developed nowadays so I wouldn't be surprised.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: