Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 11:46:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319217 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Atlus Absorbed, Merges With Mobile Developer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Atlus Absorbed, Merges With Mobile Developer  (Read 3850 times)
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »

Been playing oldschool SMT long before any of ever heard of Persona.
Note how Atlus never called it an H-Game, I am 100% positive its only the magazines(calling it a sequel to Persona and such), Sony and MS would never allow this game past concept approval. 
And Catherine is so not a mainstream title. 

This is just fanboy rage.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 04:03:19 PM »

Umm...

Hashino began the blog post by saying "While we get some people saying the Persona team should make Persona, we also hear some people saying 'I'm not sure why, but I'm looking forward to it.' (Although perhaps they're looking forward to the eroticism...?)."

Getting serious Hashino admitted that the game has perhaps become a bit on the erotic side.

And that's only today's update.

Oh I almost forgot:-

It says "The first HD game from the Persona team." However, the "D" is a bit hard to see, so it almost looks like "The first H game from the Persona team." "H" can usually mean erotic or perverted. Of course, the text above the H actually specifies that it stands for "Hi-Vision."

And also:-

The last blog post promised a particularly daring video of the Catherine character for the next site update.

Hopefully nothing too daring.

So you see the Persona team is advertising the game as erotic. I hope they don't go too far with it though.

Ok I think that's enough talk about this subject. Let's move on...

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 04:06:59 PM »

big difference between an ero game and a game having erotic elements,  trust me bro, sony and MS won't have an eroge on their platform.  I don't blame them.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Danakir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 04:38:47 PM »

To whoever wrote this thread's subject: You are an evil little man for scaring the living bejeezus out of me like that.

~My melody of life, rhyming to memento mori...
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 04:56:17 PM »

big difference between an ero game and a game having erotic elements,  trust me bro, sony and MS won't have an eroge on their platform.  I don't blame them.

This. Catherine isn't an H-game. References to it being an H-game are merely jokes because the game will have *some* erotic content. In an H-game, the whole goal is to get as much pu-tang as possible, and the amount of nudity and straight-on sex scenes is applied to the game design liberally.

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 05:19:02 PM »

No one said that Catherine is going to be one of those games. It's the fact that ATLUS is dancing around the word "erotic" that makes the difference. Again, nobody said the game is going to be about getting pu-tang.

You guys are missing the point. And what was this thread about again?

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 09:36:13 PM »

Erotic content.

Yeah it's not like Atlus has ever made a game with giant vagina centipedes with dicks for a head and the dick's head is a baby's ass. Also there's a naked butterfly girl standing behind it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2010, 11:04:58 PM »

Who the fuck cares, as long as Atlus-J isn't affected regarding what games they make.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2010, 02:16:09 AM »

...from the front page:

A representative from Image Holdings stated that the Atlus brand will still be used for publishing purposes in the foreseeable future.

Image Holdings?  Oops?

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »

...from the front page:

A representative from Image Holdings stated that the Atlus brand will still be used for publishing purposes in the foreseeable future.

Image Holdings?  Oops?

Fixed. Thanks for catching!

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2010, 08:01:11 PM »

Who the fuck cares, as long as Atlus-J isn't affected regarding what games they make.

After all there are still so many different Persona 3 ports/editions to make.

Frankly, the only part of Atlus I still care about is the US branch (or I would if they would just fucking localize Growlanser PSP).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Hobbun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2010, 05:24:06 PM »

Frankly, the only part of Atlus I still care about is the US branch (or I would if they would just fucking localize Growlanser PSP).

Um, you should care about the Japan branch. Without them, you would have no USA branch. All the USA branch does is localize and publish. They don't develop.

Edit: Let me clarify, USA Atlus branch could exist without the Japan branch, but it would become another localization/publishing house like XSeed or the defunct Working Designs. You wouldn't see anymore of your beloved Persona or SMT games.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:38:14 PM by Hobbun » Logged
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2010, 10:28:26 PM »

By what the admin at the Atlus forums said, this will not change the games and all so hopefully we were all worried without reason.

We will probably hear about a persona or trauma center mobile game exclusive to Japan now and then. As long as we keep having our wonderful games I'm at peace.

edit:
Just to add a little thing. Remember when SEGA merged with the big guys from Pachinko ? Not like another game studio like Namco/Bandai or Square/Enix but still Sega has been doing some very good stuff. Bayonetta, Yakuza 3, Madworld, Infinite Space, Valkyria Chronicles 1 & 2.
Sure they make some shovel ware too but some of these help the a lot to pay the bills.

And by the looks, this Atlus thing is just so Index can use Atlus IPs and not interfering with Atlus game developing.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:36:52 PM by Farron » Logged

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2010, 04:44:17 PM »

Atlus is so awesome that even the president of the US branch stepped in to write a statement on the subject, and to tell fans that we have nothing to worry about.

"Dearest Atlus Fans,

Recent news out of Japan that Index Holdings, the parent company of Atlus Co., Ltd. (and its wholly-owned private subsidiary Atlus U.S.A, Inc.), would be merging the Atlus brand into itself has created uncertainty as to the future of Atlus and its games.  We want to assure our fans and affiliates that Atlus remains in operation and will continue, as always, to support our beloved community with the finest quality game experiences possible.

The Atlus-Index merger allows us to achieve greater synergy among the Index group companies and further strengthens the foundation of Atlus, both in Japan and here in the United States.

-Shinichi Suzuki

President/CEO, Atlus U.S.A., Inc."

"Oh, a hunter..."
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2010, 05:48:42 PM »

And then comes EA, Actvision and SquareEnix asking why we like Atlus so much ?
If other companies were so thoughtful of their fanbase like Atlus I would not only buy all their games I would donate them money!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: