Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 03:45:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331482 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Valkyria Chronicles II
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles II  (Read 4886 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: August 31, 2010, 07:15:47 PM »

This game deserves a thread.

Reviews are looking good and the anticipation is killing me.  The first Valkyria Chronicles is probably my favorite game on the PS3.  Unfortunately, despite my having preordered it from Amazon they haven't even shipped it yet.  I might end up cancelling that and looking for a copy locally...

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 04:45:10 PM »

I just picked it up on a whim (actually got there just as the clerk opened the box) based on the Gametrailer's review this morning indicating it had several things I consider to make a good SRPG. Will play it later tonight after I give Record of Agarest War a spin. Wish I could've played the original but alas it's easier to find Valkyrie Profile than Valkria Chronicles. :-/
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 04:49:15 PM »

Don't waste your time on Agarest War if you have VC2.

Amazon still hasn't shipped my order.  What the hell...

beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 04:51:21 PM »

Hopefully I can get this next week seeing as I'm broke and I just got Ys 7.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »

Don't waste your time on Agarest War if you have VC2.

My expectations of AW aren't high. XD I just wanted it to study the Soul Breed system and perhaps incorporate that into a custom tabletop game. If I get any other enjoyment out of that'll be bonus.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 05:14:50 PM »

I just picked it up on a whim (actually got there just as the clerk opened the box) based on the Gametrailer's review this morning indicating it had several things I consider to make a good SRPG. Will play it later tonight after I give Record of Agarest War a spin. Wish I could've played the original but alas it's easier to find Valkyrie Profile than Valkria Chronicles. :-/

You can find Valkyria Chronicles on Amazon very easily.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 05:32:12 PM »

You can find Valkyria Chronicles on Amazon very easily.

I'm a caveman. Online shopping's never been a big things for me unless I absolutely cannot find something anywhere else (and even then I'm limited to places that take E-checks only). For such a good game from what I've heard I find it kinda odd I've never seen a copy of VC in stores for the past 2-3 years. :-/ This counting both a major college town and a major city.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 06:45:38 PM »

I'm a caveman. Online shopping's never been a big things for me unless I absolutely cannot find something anywhere else (and even then I'm limited to places that take E-checks only). For such a good game from what I've heard I find it kinda odd I've never seen a copy of VC in stores for the past 2-3 years. :-/ This counting both a major college town and a major city.

If you're looking for anything that's even remotely rare it sort of boggles my mind that you wouldn't check online.  I've basicaly given up on most brick and mortar retailers having anything besides the latest COD or sports games.

I don't know what an E-check even is, but a lot of places accept paypal.  You can't even use that?

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 06:51:47 PM »

A monkey could open a bank account/credit card and a paypal these days.

Online is great because you don't pay tax and theres always some kind of deal going on with new games.

Also if you're a student AMazon gives you free 2-day shipping, ooh yeah.
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »

Online is great because you don't pay tax and theres always some kind of deal going on with new games.

The hell?? I did not knew that one? how do I put myself as a student in amazon?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 08:23:29 PM »

The hell?? I did not knew that one? how do I put myself as a student in amazon?

Here you go this should work:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup

You need a valid edu email.

2 day shipping on any of Amazon's items they stock themselves, it's pretty sweet.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 08:49:35 PM »

I downloaded the demo, but I couldn't really get into it.

"Oh, a hunter..."
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 11:37:27 PM »

Just bought it now. Will start playing tonight.

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 02:32:15 PM »

I downloaded it off PSN last night -- and I do like how you can use bases more effectively, and the classes seem to make a bit more sense (I'm liking the shield class). If you've played the first VC game the controls should be familiar. The only thing I'm actually wondering -- can you run in this game? Since I downloaded it I don't have a manual handy. My characters plod along at a snails pace.

Overall, seems to be really good. Though if I have to hear Avan's 'AH-HA-AH-HA!' laugh one more time, I might cry.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »

Amazon has completely failed me this time.  I got an email this morning saying it wouldn't even ship until September 8th.  This is when I had it preordered...so I went to Gamestop and picked up a copy.

There is some kind of pre-PAX IGN/PS Blog meet and greet tonight that mentioned the possibility of some VC2 multiplayer action.  Since I haven't even cracked the shrinkwrap yet I obviously haven't tried single-player so I'm not exactly sure how well that will work out but I think I will try to attend.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: