Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 04:27:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334580 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Valkyria Chronicles 3 imminent?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles 3 imminent?  (Read 3615 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/01/looks-like-sega-is-getting-ready-to-roll-out-a-new-valkyria-game/

Sega opened a teaser site with a silhouettes of shocktroopers and a tank. Seems like another Valkyria Chronicles game to us. The URL also has a connection to the series. Valkyria Chronicles took place in 1935 and the site is code1935.jp.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 02:07:07 PM »

I hope it's for PS3.  Fucking PSP... WTF

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 03:19:49 PM »

Yeah, maybe next year (and with luck) I'm gonna buy a PSP. But is really annoying to see all this big franchises going to so many consoles just for a spin-off or a sequel.

Is like: Say, you liked the game on your PS3? Yes? Well, fuck that! Now you "need" this other console to play the sequel.

I hate that shit. >:T
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »

I'm on the "fuck PSP" boat.   Usually I find it more an excuse to depreciate gameplay, graphics, and all that whatnot  - and make a cheaper game for less risk (yeah, yeah, I can see why they'd do it)
But hey, credit to a few titles that actually are good and I enjoy playing on the bus, or where ever (er, the toilet?).

Good to see another Valkyria, hope to play on the PS3 (RPG lineup is otherqise quite dry - here's praying for one helluva TGS!!)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »

I'm pretty confident that this is PS3, PSP just got VC2, seems way too early to announce a sequel for the same system. Besides, it's been a while since VC and the word of mouth the game got since its release should definitely help.
This isn't on sega's TGS line-up so it will either be a surprise or not appear at the show.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 04:08:40 PM »

The site is going to open in the first day of the TGS, so the only thing we can do is (as always) wait for more info.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 04:13:34 PM »

I don't care what platform it's on. It isn't going to change the fact that I will own it, whenever it's released. :P

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 04:54:57 PM »

Y'know I've seen utter nerd rage (no offense meant) over the fact that VC II was placed on the PSP...why? Kingdom Hearts (a game with a larger fan base) has done perhaps one of the most alienating console hops as far as I can recall (PS2 to GBA to DS to PSP to 3DS) and yet I have seen far less "OMG it's on a different console!" outcry than I have for this game. ._.; Sense this is not making.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 05:03:29 PM »

Y'know I've seen utter nerd rage (no offense meant) over the fact that VC II was placed on the PSP...why? Kingdom Hearts (a game with a larger fan base) has done perhaps one of the most alienating console hops as far as I can recall (PS2 to GBA to DS to PSP to 3DS) and yet I have seen far less "OMG it's on a different console!" outcry than I have for this game. ._.; Sense this is not making.
Because Kingdoms hearts sucks    /thread.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 05:07:08 PM »

Because Kingdoms hearts sucks    /thread.

Quality of the game is not what I'm referring to. XD KH has a much larger and definitely more outspoken fanbase than VC by far yet I can browse different forums and video comments and yet not see nearly as much roaring over the console jumps. I mean heck at least VC to VC II only requires two consoles from the same company that at least function with each other. KH's franchise jumps consoles 4 times across 2 companies with the only connectivity between the consoles being that at least the Nintendo ones are somewhat backwards compatible. XP
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 05:53:44 PM »

It probably has to do more with the fact that VC went from next gen PS3 to PSP with more features than the PS3 version. That's mainly the reason I was so pissed when the sequel was announced for the PSP. Another reason I also didn't care about Kingdom Hearts going to other consoles was because I already had a vast amount of RPGs to play on my PS2, so not having another KH didn't hurt too much. Making a fantastic SRPG on a next gen console when you think all hope is lost was a godsend..then they make the sequel on the PSP.

Like Fei said "Fucking PSP... WTF"

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 05:57:55 PM »

I just hope its on PC or 360
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 06:42:19 PM »

It probably has to do more with the fact that VC went from next gen PS3 to PSP with more features than the PS3 version. That's mainly the reason I was so pissed when the sequel was announced for the PSP.

You're pissed because the sequel improves on the original?

Seriously, guys, I don't get all this raging either.  And I call myself a handheld hater.  They're both great games.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 07:09:21 PM »

If it's on PS3, I'll buy it.  If it's on PSP, then I won't.  I don't own handheld systems, so that's pretty much my reason.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »

I personally am ok with it being on handhelds, simply because I can just role with whatever. Yeah, I'll miss the greatly superior visuals, and just playing it on an HD TV, but if it's fun, it works for me. Heck, I got a lot more accustomed to handhelds a lot more since I'm not home nearly as much as I used to, and a lot of the games I wind up enjoying more, and get me addicted happened to be handhelds, but to each their own of course. Easy for me to say since I own all the current gen stuff, and would go with whatever.  If they went back to PS3 or even going 360 too, awesome than, but if they wind up getting success in the handheld front and stick with PSP, well whatever works for them. I can just enjoy it for whatever it is, but to each his/her own.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: