Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 09:49:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331626 Posts in 13578 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Valkyria Chronicles 3 imminent?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles 3 imminent?  (Read 3552 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 07:40:05 PM »

I just hope its on PC or 360

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 07:47:23 PM »

Correction: PS3* or 360 ;)

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 08:22:42 PM »

Why not PC? Whats the matter with you people? :(
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 08:44:42 PM »

Why not PC? Whats the matter with you people? :(

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 10:50:49 PM »

I sympathize with the people raged about it being on PSP. Not because of the graphics and all but because they shouldn't expect you to own all consoles and portables of this gen.

I think anybody angry would be just as angry if the game were to be on the Wii or the 360. It's nothing against the system, it's because you have it a system where you played on game and when you want to play the next one you realize you can't play the sequel because you don't own the system.

It's like if you're a Kingdom Hearts fan: PS2, PS2, GBA, mobiles, DS, PSP. How can any fan play all those games ?

I (lucky me) have both a PS3 and PSP but say, if it were to be only on the 360 I wouldn't be able to play because mine died. But if they released on another platform together with the one originally released it would just make a larger market.

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 10:59:34 PM »

I sympathize with the people raged about it being on PSP. Not because of the graphics and all but because they shouldn't expect you to own all consoles and portables of this gen.

I think anybody angry would be just as angry if the game were to be on the Wii or the 360. It's nothing against the system, it's because you have it a system where you played on game and when you want to play the next one you realize you can't play the sequel because you don't own the system.

It's like if you're a Kingdom Hearts fan: PS2, PS2, GBA, mobiles, DS, PSP. How can any fan play all those games ?

I (lucky me) have both a PS3 and PSP but say, if it were to be only on the 360 I wouldn't be able to play because mine died. But if they released on another platform together with the one originally released it would just make a larger market.

I own a PS3, 360, Wii, PSP and high-end PC. But I still want this game to stay exclusive for the PS3. I have my reasons but I don't feel like listing them.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 11:21:27 PM »

It probably has to do more with the fact that VC went from next gen PS3 to PSP with more features than the PS3 version. That's mainly the reason I was so pissed when the sequel was announced for the PSP.

You're pissed because the sequel improves on the original?

Seriously, guys, I don't get all this raging either.  And I call myself a handheld hater.  They're both great games.

I'm pissed because I'm not going to buy a PSP just to play one game which is a sequel to a game I enjoyed quite a bit. It has nothing to do with the fact that is a bad game or great game. It's like Farron said, people should not have to own every console just to play a sequel. I know you want to seem like you're above people that are getting upset, for a reason, but at least try and look at it from another point of view.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 07:11:25 AM »

I'm going to say it's on PSP... that is all.

I suppose the bright side of that is that some people will be buying a PSP for two games instead of just one then.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »

I own a PS3, 360, Wii, PSP and high-end PC. But I still want this game to stay exclusive for the PS3. I have my reasons but I don't feel like listing them.

I don't blame you. I actually also have my reasons to want it to be exclusive to the PS3. The main reason would be "make the best you can do and focus on making it better instead of adapting to work on something else with restrains."

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 06:05:20 PM »

This is 2010 though it isn't difficult to make a port, especially for PC which is easy to optimize for.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 10:44:05 PM »

Time for you to get a PS3, Thoren!

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 11:44:30 PM »

It's on the list, right after a new guitar and amp.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 11:48:35 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if this goes back to PS3 to be all about people from the first one and back to PSP so it goes back to this new cast.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 03:37:55 AM »

I propose we start a charity fund for the "Thoren Needs a PS3" Gala.

The starving children can wait. :)

Speaking of starving,I am starving for an HD RPG again so I want to see VC3 on PS3 and/or 360

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 01:11:44 PM »

I think anybody angry would be just as angry if the game were to be on the Wii or the 360.

Nah, those are different, especially the 360. The PSP is a handheld that can easily be a compliment to your console, and if you're a Sony/handheld fan then it's a non-issue. A 360 exclusive sequel on the other hand would be a maddening business decision, you have an established fanbase on one console and you're now telling them to buy a potentially redundant system to play the sequel, especially if the sequel is the only thing they want to play on the system. At least if all you wanted was VC2 on the PSP it'd only set you back about $100 rather than $200+, and you're more likely to find games you'd want to play such as the Falcom titles and the aforementioned Birth by Sleep if you don't absolutely abhor KH.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:08:33 PM by Eusis » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: