Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 04:07:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334701 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  About Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: About Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2...  (Read 4387 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 02:34:55 PM »

I went on the wagon and decided to get the first one too. I remember back when it was released my cousin mentioned it but it ended up we didn't pay much attention to it... Only if I knew.
One thing that put me off of it a little bit is that many people say DDS2 is so much better than DDS1 that I was kinda sad I had to play the first one to truly enjoy the game.

This is past now, I wanna see it for myself. I watched the beginning of it on youtube some time ago and it was quite enjoyable.

ValendianKnight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2010, 09:46:47 AM »

Yeah, if you enjoy any kind of RPG at all, give it a shot. Those two are the best SMT has to offer in my opinion, what with the best music, characters, plot, and variation of the SMT combat yet. Really, if you ever managed to buy any OTHER JRPG, I'd be shocked if this one didn't blow you away, cause it most certanly makes a lot of other JRPGs to come out as of recent seem really, really boring in comparison.

"Life Ends so fast, so take your chance and make it last..."
-Chuck Schuldiner(Death)
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2010, 12:38:15 PM »

Yeah, if you enjoy any kind of RPG at all, give it a shot. Those two are the best SMT has to offer in my opinion, what with the best music, characters, plot, and variation of the SMT combat yet. Really, if you ever managed to buy any OTHER JRPG, I'd be shocked if this one didn't blow you away, cause it most certainly makes a lot of other JRPGs to come out as of recent seem really, really boring in comparison.

I'm currently 10 hours in and I can't believe how I passed these up and bought a lot of mediocre RPGs instead. I freaking bought Arc Rise Fantasia recently and now I can't even look at it so I know what you mean.

The same shit happens every time I get to play a MegaTen game, I can't play any RPG afterwards for a while.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2010, 03:13:03 PM »

This is past now, I wanna see it for myself. I watched the beginning of it on youtube some time ago and it was quite enjoyable.

You didn't like Strange Journey. You wouldn't like this.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 06:03:07 PM »

I didn't like Strange Journey mostly because of the dungeon designs. Except for the first one they're so convoluted that it makes almost a pain to go through them instead of enjoyment.
But just as an example, in Nocturne I was liking everything, except the difficulty and sometimes the lack of dialogs.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 07:41:57 PM »

I didn't like Strange Journey mostly because of the dungeon designs. Except for the first one they're so convoluted that it makes almost a pain to go through them instead of enjoyment.
But just as an example, in Nocturne I was liking everything, except the difficulty and sometimes the lack of dialogs.

I didn't have any trouble going through any of the dungeons in Strange Journey, to be honest. I never used an FAQ once to get through the game. Nocturne is a game I still need to play. It's the only recent SMT game I haven't played yet.

"Oh, a hunter..."
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 08:49:24 PM »

I liked Nocturne's difficulty and lack of dialogue. :) The dungeons in SJ slowed my progress too... sometimes they were hard, others just...tedious. And now I'm without a DS so I won't finish it anytime soon.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 11:17:08 PM »

Also, this is one of my favorite things Meguro has ever written. It's short, but it's just so perfect. I always play it when I'm walking around in the city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dBjxeh4oF0

I've been listening to this for a while now and I can't wait to reach this town in DDS2, awesome music!
My favorite town music from DDS1 up till now is Sahasrara's Theme.

btw, I forgot to ask you guys about one thing. While I was trying out the DDS2 disk to see if it works the game asked me if I wanted to load data from DDS1...

What exactly are the bonuses of loading my DDS1 data when starting a New Game in DDS2?

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2010, 11:21:32 PM »

Extra Mantra Rings, a few added stats to your characters if you got them over a certain level, extra Macca if you had a lot by end game, Hard Mode is unlocked, Gale will get a secret ability in the final dungeon, there is a secret dialog choice which gives Argilla a secret skill and the final benifit is a story spoiler, so I don't want to tell you.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2010, 12:10:42 PM »

Battle for Survival=best battle music in an rpg ever. Got both of these off gamefly years ago, never finished either (actually got 2 before 1). Gotta say, what happens at the end of 2 is beyond screwed up, but it made me want to keep playing. Wish I hadn't returned em before I had.

TASTY!
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2010, 12:38:34 PM »

Extra Mantra Rings, a few added stats to your characters if you got them over a certain level, extra Macca if you had a lot by end game, Hard Mode is unlocked, Gale will get a secret ability in the final dungeon, there is a secret dialog choice which gives Argilla a secret skill and the final benifit is a story spoiler, so I don't want to tell you.

Thanks a bunch.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: