Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 12:17:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338110 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS BACK!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS BACK!!!  (Read 14552 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2011, 02:41:29 PM »

COOCHIE COOOCHIE
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »

Guy's so full of himself, the face buttons of his controller say (DUKE).

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 11:59:44 PM »

This game looks so awesome! I can't wait to play it!

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »

COOCHIE COOOCHIE

HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 10:59:26 AM »

When they show that huge monster with tits and Duke goes "hell, I'd still hit it", that one takes the cake.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2011, 11:34:23 AM »

Is this PC only?

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2011, 12:13:34 PM »

Is this PC only?

Nah.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 08:34:16 PM »

The biggest pack in history
http://ca.kotaku.com/5757907/duke-nukem-forever-gives-its-biggest-fans-balls-of-steel
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 09:13:03 PM »

The image from the comments section  sums up my opinion.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 10:32:26 PM »

I want the bust of Duke beside my bust of Mozart.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 12:47:57 AM »

This should have included some kind of 'making of' DVD.  If ever there was a game that needed it...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 12:49:09 AM »

This should have included some kind of 'making of' DVD.  If ever there was a game that needed it...

Eh, it'd need a documentary, not a making of. I'm sure the "Making of" for the game we actually get would be shockingly mundane.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 12:53:44 AM »

Ha... no kidding.

It'd start out reading like Genesis

GT Interactive begat Gathering of Developers begat Take 2 Interactive who begat 2K Games...

Well they didn't really "begat" each other but that'd be a cool biblical opening
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 01:34:51 PM »

Am I the only one that thinks this will be the best FPS since Perfect Dark came out in 2000?  Granted I did love Call of Duty 2 and Halo 1.  I think this will be better than Bullestorm, Modern Warfare, Black Ops, etc.

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »

If it's not better than Modern Warfare, Halo etc. better than BulletStorm isn't much of a stretch it'll at least be more gross.

The ESRB description:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=30650

This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of Duke Nukem, an action hero who must save Earth from invading aliens. Players use pistols, rail guns, shotguns, explosives, and Duke's bare hands to attack and kill the alien enemies. The majority of gameplay involves destroying these enemies in frenetic gun and laser battles in order to move on to the next section. Aliens are often decapitated or dismembered when hit, sending large splashes of blood across the ground, surrounding walls, and players' screen. Some sequences depict more 'over-the-top' instances of violence: aliens getting stabbed in the head or impaled; a human soldier bursting into bloody gibs after being tossed through propeller blades. In one sequence, players have the ability to shoot human characters that are trapped in pod-like alien webbing; bodies explode into pieces upon impact. During the course of the game, players enter a strip-club level and view several topless dancers and receive lap dances. A couple of missions within this level require players to recover sex toys and pictures of topless women. A few sequences strongly imply sexual acts: two women appear to perform fellatio on the central character (e.g., raising their heads from his lap)—though there is no actual depiction of the sex act; Duke moans and leans up against the wall of a bathroom stall (furnished with a hole)—it is implied that a sex act (not depicted) occurs. The game also contains several sexual references and innuendo in the dialogue (e.g., 'I have hungry—you have big egg ro' for me, Duke,' 'If you supply the dancing, I'll supply the pole,' and 'I'll need something naughty to play with.'). Duke's comments range from jokes about colon cleansing to several one-liners about sex and female body parts. Bathroom humor includes the ability to urinate in toilets or urinals and/or pick up feces from toilets and throw it against walls. Players can use both steroid pills and beer as power-ups; when beer is consumed, the screen temporarily blurs. The words 'f**k,' 'sh*t,' 'c*ck,' and 'a*shole' appear in dialogue and on-screen text.

You can fling shit.. literally. Classy. ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:28:38 AM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: