Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 04:36:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340816 Posts in 13926 Topics by 2221 Members
Latest Member: alceste007
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS BACK!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS BACK!!!  (Read 14638 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ2dWJMiU3Y

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2011, 02:12:31 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The best part is when he threw it through the goal post :)

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 03:31:09 AM »

So, how does this have controversy about an ass getting slapped but God of War games each have a sex minigame and no (media) controversy?

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2011, 03:37:19 AM »

So, how does this have controversy about an ass getting slapped but God of War games each have a sex minigame and no (media) controversy?

That's simple enough: the sex is always (as far as I can tell) consensual, whereas this is an attempt to calm a delirious woman, something I'd think would have obviously unfortunate implications. That, and God of War got overshadowed by the hacked out sex minigames in San Andreas.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2011, 04:16:57 AM »

That's simple enough: the sex is always (as far as I can tell) consensual, whereas this is an attempt to calm a delirious woman, something I'd think would have obviously unfortunate implications. That, and God of War got overshadowed by the hacked out sex minigames in San Andreas.

God of War has had quite a few games since San Andreas though.
And that GTA thing was only a hacked minigame, but I guess most big media doesn't care if it is just hacked.
We also have Mass Effect that had consensual (mild) sex.
This also clearly has nudity, though I guess we should probably be thankful that news people seem to be ignoring it.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2011, 04:25:10 AM »

And that GTA thing was only a hacked minigame, but I guess most big media doesn't care if it is just hacked.

I think they might care more actually. Granted, it's possible God of War simply flew under the radar (I never DID stumble upon those mini-games), but by having the hacking pre-requiste it makes it seem forbidden, a secret that they had been trying to hide, and can stand as more of an actual flaw in the ESRB rating system than a call of judgment they were fully aware about. Also the fact people applied nude textures in the PC version, taken from the game's own data I believe.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2011, 04:46:43 AM »

It still bothers me how women can be portrayed as violent against men in the media, making them "strong" and "attractive" but the second some guy slaps a girl's ass it's  OH FUCK SEXISM.

See: Any Bill Lawrence TV show.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2011, 01:52:26 PM »

A couple of months (or weeks?) ago I said that I wasn't going to buy Duke Nukem Forever, but the new trailer just sold me the game. Is not a day 1 purchase for me, but I'll get it when I can.

Besides, I'm probably getting a 360 by the end of year too and with it I'll be able to buy my Balls of Steel. How awesome is that!?
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2011, 02:46:57 PM »

This comes out a month after games are officially declared as art.

Can the irony GET any more delicious?

(req. 34 of Duke and Sam plox)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 08:42:29 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2011, 08:10:26 PM »

The Duke. In the flesh. On Oxford Street.

Found this on reddit.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2011, 12:48:56 PM »

I would love to hear if he could talk like the Duke.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2011, 02:47:53 PM »

I think he looks like Neil Patrick Harris.
Duke may take offense to that, though.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2011, 09:20:49 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/20/duke-nukem-critical-mass-goes-critical-next-week/
Rated T and on DS.
This is a bit of a surprise, two Duke Nukems in one year.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2011, 12:08:55 AM »

Just played the demo and it definitely lives up to its name.  It is freaking amazing and I was one of the few who waited since it's announcement since Day One.  People are already bitching because its "dated", so what? The gameplay is amazing and is so much better than Call of Duty granted I like the campaign in the CoD games but Duke Nukem Forever is just great.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2011, 03:29:52 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/20/duke-nukem-critical-mass-goes-critical-next-week/
Rated T and on DS.
This is a bit of a surprise, two Duke Nukems in one year.

Admittedly getting spin-offs quickly isn't a huge surprise, it's getting Duke Nukem Forever PERIOD that's a shocker.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: