Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 06:11:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329357 Posts in 13491 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  super robot wars L
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: super robot wars L  (Read 2434 times)
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 03:38:41 PM »

IS doesn't have to step up anything gameplay-wise.  Maybe in voice acting or animation quality, sure.  Bandai has been coasting on boring, generic combat for quite some time letting the pretty graphics and fanservice do the most of the work.

Somebody here hasn't played Neo yet. Too bad it's probably going to get ignored for more DS crap and then forgotten.

SRW Neo is a very average entry in the series.  No skill points.  No EX-Hard.  No significantly different combat mechanics.  The average SRW (like NEO) is just an excuse to fly your overpowered robots around and smash things while fanboying out.  Somebody (KillerArmoire) here likes making wild assumptions while under the delusion that SRW Neo is not "boring, generic combat".

SRW Z EX-Hard w/ skill points was the last challenging SRW to come out.  Plus it had a variety of added combat mechanics that made it stand out from the rest of the series.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 08:16:03 PM »

IS doesn't have to step up anything gameplay-wise.  Maybe in voice acting or animation quality, sure.  Bandai has been coasting on boring, generic combat for quite some time letting the pretty graphics and fanservice do the most of the work.

Somebody here hasn't played Neo yet. Too bad it's probably going to get ignored for more DS crap and then forgotten.

SRW Neo is a very average entry in the series.  No skill points.  No EX-Hard.  No significantly different combat mechanics.  The average SRW (like NEO) is just an excuse to fly your overpowered robots around and smash things while fanboying out.  Somebody (KillerArmoire) here likes making wild assumptions while under the delusion that SRW Neo is not "boring, generic combat".

SRW Z EX-Hard w/ skill points was the last challenging SRW to come out.  Plus it had a variety of added combat mechanics that made it stand out from the rest of the series.

Yep. Sorry. No shiny Quintuple Platinum S+++ Ranks for you. Just gamebreakers. All gamebreakers, all the time.

From the little I've played of Neo it felt a bit smoother in terms of movement mechanics, kinda like the PS2 Sakura Taisen games versus the old Saturn versions, but with the battling in giant robots being part of the main game instead of the side stuffs. You don't need to make revolutions every new game, especially if said revolutions simply involve renaming things and merging the functions of mechanics around (ala FFs VII & VIII). At the very least though it's not like K which was pretty damn awful.

Besides, the only reason I brought up Neo in the first place was due to it being the only console SRW game made within the last three years that I've spent any time with. Didn't name Z since I haven't had a reason to blow a now not so obscene amount of maneys on a PS3 and thus a chance to play it yet.

Also why the fuck are we getting into Z now anyways? I was comparing Neo to fucking K.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 12:51:33 AM »

Z was actually PS2.

Neo was alright. They tried some pretty new things with the series (Which they haven't really done since like, @2), like the unit size and arc attacks and whatnot, but they didn't throw too many situations where you would be forced to take advantage of any of them. I still don't understand why they made it in 3D given that it's butt fucking ugly when they have a crapton of 2D experience under their belt. People didn't play it due to the shitty graphics and thus we're probably not going to get more improvements towards the new gameplay aspects they added, like how there was a pretty big improvement in how they handled the squad system from @2 to @3 and finally Z.

And yeah, I didn't like K much myself.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 06:52:18 PM »

isnt neo the one with a heavy presence of supers? i think thats the reason most dont care for it.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 03:50:40 PM »

PV 2 is out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBIZCcOpsRs

*drools*

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 06:16:38 PM »

Argh, I was so gonna pre-order this game, but now it'll have to wait.:(

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 07:37:57 PM »

its out!

from what i've played so far i think it may just dethrone W as the best DS SRW game. the new squard system takes some getting used to since when you attack a squad both members of that squad can counter attack you. theres no equip parts but you get various abilities from mechs when you squad up. like if you put burst angel in a squad with mazinger,mazinger will gain an A air rating and the ability to fly. also so far any stage with an angel in it sucks ass >_<. also i dont know his name but that main guy from linebarrels is a total douchebag.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: