Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 09:40:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319070 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  super robot wars L
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: super robot wars L  (Read 2357 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2010, 02:29:46 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgHJKcwH4cI&feature=player_embedded

O_O looks like one last hurrah for the DS

intellegent systems seriously needs to step their game up when they have to compete with this.

i saw evangelion in there and i think the newish macross movie

edit:

series list thus far:
Series list:
Evangelion (movie)
Fight! Iczer One
Iczer Reborn
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
Gundam SEED
Gundam SEED Destiny
Combattler V
Voltes V
Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu
Kotetsushin Jeeg
Dancougar Nova
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser vs Great General of Darkness
Godannar
Godannar Second Season
Macross Frontier
Linebarrels of Iron
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:07:14 PM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 09:26:34 PM »

I'm not going to lie. That lineup sucks.

I'll admit that Frontier looks good, but either the originals will have to be very good, or they really need more than just Linebarrels, Iczer, and a bunch of the same ol' same ol'.

Worst still is that they don't seem to have much of any new sprite work for anybody (save for Linebarrels, Iczer, Frontier, and the new EVA chick). Especially EVA (my god the sprites look like they were ripped straight from A (and not even A portable either)).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »

^
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:18:05 AM »

And they STILL don't have Code Geass mechs in SRW. What are they waiting for?

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 09:33:15 AM »

I thought the same thing, why no Code Geass ?
Of all those series, I've watched only 3. Maybe they're trying to do what the "Jump All Stars" did, try to get everybody to buy the game.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 09:45:38 AM »

A non-lovely SRW game.

That said, you can always check them out in Another Century Episode: R (which is an Ace Combat take on SRW)...or not given what I've heard about that game (Gurren mk2 being one of the most useless mechs in the game thanks to being overly reliant on the tension system but without any real means of gathering said tension).

At least we're getting Frontier in this one (which was given anyways due to Branpesto having already shelled out for the license for ACE:R).

The other big problem that I have with L that I failed to mention in my previous post is the over reliance on the anime clips that play during attacks. Just like in K not only do they drag out even the most basic attacks with these lengthy cutscenes (and generally making it a pain to check your damage output) but they make the biggest attacks all the less significant because every attack comes with a the pilot's 'getting dangerous' cutscene.

Edit:

I thought the same thing, why no Code Geass ?
Of all those series, I've watched only 3. Maybe they're trying to do what the "Jump All Stars" did, try to get everybody to buy the game.

They've been at this since long before Jump All Stars or even half the series therein existed. Ever since the days of the GrayBrick GameBoy (the second game appeared on the Famicom). Most of the series listed came out during the 80's, the 90's, or earlier. The Seed's, Dancouga Nova, Godannar, Macross, and Linebarrels are the only ones to come out during the 00's (and maybe Gaiking too but I don't know that much about that one). Iczer's the only interesting one given that I've never even heard of it until this listing came out (and the very scant research that I've done on it thus far was that it was a mecha series within another mecha series and then spun off to become its own thing (so it might have come out during the 00's too)).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:58:35 AM by KillerArmoire » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »

Oh wow... only a mother could love those Eva unit sprites...
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 07:20:48 PM »

i think code geass would be difficult to fit into an srw game unless they made a srw game dominated by code geass.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 11:06:28 PM »

Yeah, I would like some Code Geass. Also, forgive me if I missed that entry, but did any SRT game even have Gurren Lagaan?

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 12:56:24 AM »

No. Just like CG and Macross Frontier, TTGL is too new to have been in a SRW game yet. There's typically a grace period for series from when they aired to their inclusion in an SRW game to avoid spoilers for people who haven't gotten around to watching the show yet.

Also I think there's some licensing issues as well that will be keeping TTGL out of an SRW game for a long while to come.

i think code geass would be difficult to fit into an srw game unless they made a srw game dominated by code geass.

Nah. Code Geass would be as hard to implement as any given Gundam or Macross series would be. SRW games are easily long enough to accommodate the plots of multiple series.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 02:55:29 AM »

Who actually cares about the plot of SRW games anymore?

I think the only parts I've ever actually really enjoy were the ones where Full Metal Panic was involved and had Sousuke blowing shit up in the Nadesico and whatnot- more reason they should have FMP in an SRW where shit is voice acted.

On that note, this is what, the third game on the DS and they still haven't bothered with voice acting...even just ones for ultimate attacks would be kinda cool. It's not like the DS is incapable of it...just feels lazy to me.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:18:55 AM by Hathen » Logged
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:27 PM »

its kinda funny that dont have voice acting, yet in this and in K some characters lips move during cut ins. i used to not care about voice acting in srws until i recently played the partial srw alpha translation and the full srw alpha gaiden translation. noriko yelling super inazuma kick is fucking epic!

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 01:48:29 PM »

IS doesn't have to step up anything gameplay-wise.  Maybe in voice acting or animation quality, sure.  Bandai has been coasting on boring, generic combat for quite some time letting the pretty graphics and fanservice do the most of the work.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 05:05:09 PM »

IS doesn't have to step up anything gameplay-wise.  Maybe in voice acting or animation quality, sure.  Bandai has been coasting on boring, generic combat for quite some time letting the pretty graphics and fanservice do the most of the work.

Somebody here hasn't played Neo yet. Too bad it's probably going to get ignored for more DS crap and then forgotten.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 10:22:07 PM »

Neo's going to be forgotten because the graphics were ugly.

That says a lot about the fanbase.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: