Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 03:25:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334515 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 2 - Shadow Broker DLC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 - Shadow Broker DLC  (Read 1853 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2010, 09:58:35 PM »

So it's out.

Haven't played it yet, but probably will sometime this week, replaying a bit of the game first.

People are saying it's really good and has some great post-game content as a bonus.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 05:09:32 AM »

It does and I totally dig it.  Hats off to bioware :)

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 06:35:30 AM »

Pretty fucking awesome.

The true identity of the Shadow Broker is a horrible anticlimax though. Completely out of left field. Everything else is grade A awesome, though.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:17:08 AM »

I freaking loved ME2 but have yet to get any DLC. What is worth it, and what's not? I'm not trying to hijack the thread. Just expand it a little.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
ValendianKnight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 12:07:55 PM »

I freaking loved ME2 but have yet to get any DLC. What is worth it, and what's not? I'm not trying to hijack the thread. Just expand it a little.

All the main quests/episodes that have been released so far have been a lot of fun. Stuff like weapons/armor, I guess you just have to ask yourself how much you need those, I thought they were worth it but a lot of people don't seem to be impressed.

I have yet to get Shadow Broker, since my 360 just RRODed on me.

"Life Ends so fast, so take your chance and make it last..."
-Chuck Schuldiner(Death)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 12:54:01 PM »

Well you get the Cerberus Network which includes Zaeed, Firewalker (Some ship missions) and Normany Crash site for free with the game if you got it new. Zaeed is a decent crew addition and has a fairly standard run and gun mission.

Kasumi IMO was cooler. She takes you on a heist and I won't ruin anything but it involves breaking into an evil guy's mansion vault during a party. You also get a badass new SMG, the fucking P90 of Mass Effect basically.

Kasumi and Zaeed are one mission each, their loyalty missions. There is no mission for them to join you. Also they don't have normal conversations, they just say scripted lines depending on what's going on in the ship, and talk about some of the items they put in their rooms. Regardless they are still interesting characters and chip in during missions if you take them along like any other character.

As for weapons, the Cerberus Network comes with a shotgun and a chain-lightning heavy weapon cannon. The weap is pretty badass. If you want more disgusting weapons get the firepower pack, it comes with some unique guns (A really slow firing heavy pistol with a Laser sight, Dead Space style, and a burst fire sniper rifle). They're so different they actually change the gameplay and fun factor of the game.

Cerberus is also a cool side-mission. Shadow Broker DLC Is supposed to be must have.

Overall the DLC for Mass Effect has been solid, some of the other armor packs feel useless to me but the missions and Firepower pack are definitely worth it.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 01:28:55 PM »

Thanks for the details!
I bought it new the first day it came out. I never got this Zaeed fellow or the firewalker thing. I did do the Normandy crash site thing.
Sounds like I need to do some catching up.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 02:18:20 PM »

All the main quests/episodes that have been released so far have been a lot of fun. Stuff like weapons/armor, I guess you just have to ask yourself how much you need those, I thought they were worth it but a lot of people don't seem to be impressed.

I have yet to get Shadow Broker, since my 360 just RRODed on me.

Sorry to hear that dude.Hope you can get it fixed soon.

Today I'm hoping to play the new DLC and hoping its good

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 09:28:30 PM »

I bought it along with 'Witch Hunt' for Dragon Age earlier today. I'm not sure when I'll actually get to play them however as I'm playing through the actual games first(again).

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »

Played it, beat it, got all the achievements in 2 hours.  Missions are fairly standard, the boss fights added in Shadow Broker DLC have to be the best in the entire Mass Effect series.  As Leyviur said, the identity of the Shadow Broker is rather..let's just leave it at anticlimatic.  I think 10$ for this DLC is a little overpriced, but it is probably the best DLC they've released so far.  I just personally feel 10$ is rather steep for 2 hour DLC.  Having said that, I've purchased basically all of the DLC for ME2 and if I were to replay the entire game again I'd easily have an extra 5 hours of content from the first time I played.

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 03:36:58 PM »

I got Dead Rising Case Zero for 400 points and it took me 6 days to get all the achievements and endings.

Shadow broker took me 2 hours and I wasn't even rushing it.This would be the best DLC ever if it was around 5 or 6 bucks.Nevertheless I enjoyed it especially the first boss battle.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 02:36:54 PM »

I guess I can talk about this a bit since I beat it a while back. I read Dyeager's review and I was kind of surprised that he didn't like LOTSB as much as Overlord.

I thought it was incredible. Although there was a lack of a "Final Choice", I don't think that was necessarily a bad thing. I mean, the romance option was there so I guess that kind of counts, but still.

The DLC just had incredible production values.

Code:
The whole chasing after the Spectre thing was AMAZING. Meeting her as an ally, then Liara showing up and confronting her, the car chase, etc. Finally meeting another Spectre in the Mass Effect Unvierse felt really good, and that bitch was crazy. The hardest boss so far in the series, I had no idea you could abuse Liara's Stasis to beat her though. I had to use like 7 Medi-Gels to get through the fight!

The Shadow Broker reveal was interesting at best, the Yahg are a pretty menacing race. Fighting up the ship was pretty incredible, it honestly reminded me of going up the Citadel spire from the first game. The graphics were gorgeous, especially the clouds and the storms. What a fantastic setting. I loved how you could basically knock people off the ship and have the wind carry them away.

Another bonus was how it tied in the comic book story to the Mass Effect 2 story. I was kind of hoping the Giant salarian would be a boss, but oh well. Maybe he'll show up later ;)

I hope more game developers make DLC of LOTSB's caliber. It honestly threw the best of Mass Effect 2 together in a short 2-3 hour story. It gave me the thrill of how i felt playing ME1 and ME2 for the first time again.

Bring on the Kaiden/Ashley DLC! :D
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 03:17:46 PM »

I guess I can talk about this a bit since I beat it a while back. I read Dyeager's review and I was kind of surprised that he didn't like LOTSB as much as Overlord.

Just real quick - Ashton reviewed LOTSB and Overlord DLC. I did the Kasumi DLC review previously.

Credit where it is due!

- Max Thunderbrew has spoken
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 03:30:57 PM »

Oh whoops! Clicking his name brings us to your editor profile. Must be a technical oversight :P
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 03:36:33 PM »

Oh whoops! Clicking his name brings us to your editor profile. Must be a technical oversight :P

I am always willing to take credit for Ashton's work.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: