Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319591 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Who is the most manliest JRPG hero?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Who is the most manliest JRPG hero?  (Read 10278 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2010, 01:18:42 AM »

CC - Macha

How is she, in any way, manly? She's more motherly than anything (especially given the fact that she's a mother of two other characters in the game).

There aren't really any manly females in CC (unless there's one I failed to recruit or something). For CC's manly males there's always the Luchador Priest, AW Fargo, General Viper, Dario, Garai, Zappa, Norris, and even Miguel (despite the fact that he's dressed as some Norwegian yodeler). The only problems with these characters are that they are not the main character and very few of them are developed beyond two sentences to begin with.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2010, 02:17:08 AM »

very few of them are developed beyond two sentences to begin with.

That's why they're manly.

JRPG Rule: Every line of dialogue a male character has, their testosterone count drops.

No denyins', bro.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Zadok83

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »

I gotta go with Darc from Arc the Lad: TOS.  He goes from slave to King of Deimos using sheer force.  However, his brother Kharg is the typical "save the world" sissy.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2010, 11:55:42 PM »

Geddoe - Suikoden 3

Ryudo - Grandia 2

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2010, 11:02:16 AM »

I gotta go with Darc from Arc the Lad: TOS.  He goes from slave to King of Deimos using sheer force.  However, his brother Kharg is the typical "save the world" sissy.

We have a winner.

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2010, 11:17:19 AM »

Ryudo - Grandia 2

Ryudo would be a strong contender but part way through the game he stops being sarcastic and turns into your stock JRPG hero.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2010, 04:53:14 PM »

If Ryudo didn't become a bleeding heart, he'd be Gauly from Dark Souls.  Carrion in Deadly Sin: Shining Faith is a archetypically manly dude.  He's a stoic tough guy whose girlfriend wishes would open up to her more. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2010, 07:02:54 PM »

Yuri - Shadowhearts
persona 3 - main character. considering how much ass he gets through social links and what he has to do at the end of the game.
Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics
another vote for Vyse
Meis from Thousand Arms
Jack from Wild Arms 1
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:08:30 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »

Silent protagonists are manly. Especially ones that can't really benefit from save points.

I choose you! SHIREN THE WANDERER

harmonic42

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2010, 05:51:56 AM »

If Ryudo didn't become a bleeding heart, he'd be Gauly from Dark Souls.  Carrion in Deadly Sin: Shining Faith is a archetypically manly dude.  He's a stoic tough guy whose girlfriend wishes would open up to her more. 

Word up, yo.  :)   (Only problem is, I have had people tell me Carrion looks like Adam Lambert.)

I'm gonna have to go with Cyan FF6. Avoiding the measurement of manliness by the scope of their sexual exploits and/or ability and willingness to kill/maim masses of people, Cyan is a true husband and father. He lives and dies for his family, and has an entire side quest dedicated to cleansing his soul of his self-torture, which unlocks Ultimate Slash of coolness +1.  Pretty manly dude.

Zadok83

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2010, 10:17:47 PM »

Word up, yo.  :)   (Only problem is, I have had people tell me Carrion looks like Adam Lambert.)

I'm gonna have to go with Cyan FF6. Avoiding the measurement of manliness by the scope of their sexual exploits and/or ability and willingness to kill/maim masses of people, Cyan is a true husband and father. He lives and dies for his family, and has an entire side quest dedicated to cleansing his soul of his self-torture, which unlocks Ultimate Slash of coolness +1.  Pretty manly dude.

Good one!  He was definitely my favorite character in FF6.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2010, 10:23:11 PM »

Macha.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Zadok83

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2010, 05:04:13 AM »

You also have to go with Maxim, Guy, and Dekar from Lufia II.  They even had a mission where they tried to leave all the women behind so they could face Gades.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2010, 02:58:03 PM »

CC - Macha

How is she, in any way, manly? She's more motherly than anything (especially given the fact that she's a mother of two other characters in the game).

There aren't really any manly females in CC (unless there's one I failed to recruit or something). For CC's manly males there's always the Luchador Priest, AW Fargo, General Viper, Dario, Garai, Zappa, Norris, and even Miguel (despite the fact that he's dressed as some Norwegian yodeler). The only problems with these characters are that they are not the main character and very few of them are developed beyond two sentences to begin with.

On second thought, CC's Serge is perhaps the most normal JRPG protagonist out there (when he isn't getting ganked around by the retarded plot). Most, if not all, of the NG+ endings involve him settling down to the first job/chick available (or chicks & groupies if he goes on tour with Nikki).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Chippen

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2010, 03:19:25 PM »

Yuri Hyuga the harmonixer from Shadow Hearts 1&2. Far from the usual protagonists when it comes to personality and background.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: