Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 01:37:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329494 Posts in 13500 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Men who play as female characters.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Men who play as female characters.  (Read 8400 times)
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 08, 2010, 04:37:26 AM »

Anyone who says they play female characters because they don't want to look at a dudes ass all day is a fucking moron and probably never touched a woman. That's basically it.. Go Go Tokyo Game Show!
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 04:40:15 AM »

whut?

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:02:51 AM »

I always play as the girl.

Almost always, anyway.

Girls rule. boys ... tend to be whiny emo wimps.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 05:26:17 AM »

I always play as the girl.

Almost always, anyway.

Likewise.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »

In a fighting game I almost always pick the female characters as my mains. I dabble in as many character as I can, though.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:50:53 PM by Fadedsun » Logged

"Oh, a hunter..."
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 01:39:21 PM »

Just don't play a girl in Knights of the Old Republic.

My god Carth, shut the fuck up.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 01:55:55 PM »

I don't remember writing this but I totally agree with myself. Honestly, I don't mind people playing female characters in games they can choose the gender. I'm just pissed when people use that lame "stare at a dudes ass" excuse.

I played a female character after my second Dragon Age playthrough because I was trying to recreate a bad ass female character like Chris from Suikoden 3 or Balsa from that Water Spirit anime. I failed though, I might try again in Dragon Age 2.

That was my reason for trying to make a female character, what about everyone else?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 02:02:45 PM »

I play female characters in games rarely, mostly because I'll find them hot, sometimes because they're simply more fun than dudes. Tekken is a good example. I use Kuma and Paul as my mains, but spend more time on julia, Xiaoyu, and Nina because they're interesting and more varied. RPGs however, I mostly stick to male characters, because I'm an str guy, and rarely does the female warrior type do more damage than a male warrior type. Sorry ladies, you can flip around, squeeze through smaller areas, and jiggle your knockers in all kinds of flirtatious ways, but at the end of the day, the hero does his one hit wonder move and destroys all who oppose the forces of good.

That being said, Nina from tekken has one of the finest asses in a video game.

TASTY!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 02:24:15 PM »

The only fighter games I played were the soul calibur games and Dissidia. In Soul Calibur I tended to just play  random characters stories and chose the character with the fighting style I was most comfortable using. I always had a soft spot for FF6 so Terra was my main in Dissidia.

RPG wise if you can create your own character or it is a silent protagonist I tend to go male the vast majority of the time(If it is a generated team like DQIX or Etrian Odyssey I have a mixture of both)

If they are seperate stories I just choose what I feel is the most interesting one. For Hexys Force I started my first playthrough as the female main character.

dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 02:42:59 PM »

I don't remember writing this but I totally agree with myself. Honestly, I don't mind people playing female characters in games they can choose the gender. I'm just pissed when people use that lame "stare at a dudes ass" excuse.

I played a female character after my second Dragon Age playthrough because I was trying to recreate a bad ass female character like Chris from Suikoden 3 or Balsa from that Water Spirit anime. I failed though, I might try again in Dragon Age 2.

That was my reason for trying to make a female character, what about everyone else?

I won't tell you why because you will apparently be pissed. :-)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 08:43:45 PM »

Dude, in MMOs.  My first three MMO characters were males.  After wasting way more hours than I care to say, it was time for a change (orc female = awesome).  Who cares?  

As for fighters, I guess I do tend to gravitate toward the women.  No real reason why really.  Millia is a BAMF and C.Viper is a milf, so the choices were easy.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 08:48:12 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 11:24:27 PM »

In my general experience, males who play female characters in MMORPGs are usually a bit weird or fucked up. They just aren't regular level-headed people. There are exceptions of course, a lot of people play both genders, but if you EXCLUSIVELY play female characters like its some kind of mission, you're probably a disgusting nerd.

I say it increases in terms of player type of guys who play girl characters:

PvPers/PKers = Those who play female characters usually don't give a shit
PvE/Raiders = Probably a weird nerd or kind of a strange person.
Roleplayers = Stay far the fuck away
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 11:29:10 PM »

I played through ME1, 2 as a female. I got tired of the typical gruff jackass male leads in those games.

In Dragon Age I played a couple male and a couple female.

Let it be known that I am a male.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »

In my general experience, males who play female characters in MMORPGs are usually a bit weird or fucked up. They just aren't regular level-headed people. There are exceptions of course, a lot of people play both genders, but if you EXCLUSIVELY play female characters like its some kind of mission, you're probably a disgusting nerd.

I hope I count as an exception! :O Though I don't play them "like it's some kind of mission", lol.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 12:06:41 AM »

I played through ME1, 2 as a female. I got tired of the typical gruff jackass male leads in those games.

You can be a typical gruff jackass female if you want in those games though. Or a kind hearted male! I don't really count Single Player games as much for the weird guy playing female character rule :P

I hope I count as an exception! :O Though I don't play them "like it's some kind of mission", lol.

I wouldn't know, your avatar kind of scares me though.

The best sign that someone is a weirdo playing a girl is if they claims to be a real girl, but never speak on voice chat, yet love chatting up guys all the time. I mean I know some girls legit don't want people to know they are girls, but you can just tell if its a pretender or not.

I know a girl who was in a "lesbian" relationship over WoW with another virtual girl, and they had never spoken. Virtual girl claimed to be someone else, sent pics, but never EVER Spoke to her on the phone, and this was after MONTHS of e-dating and the real girl talking over voice to the girl who never spoke back. Real girl also sent nudes to virtual girl. They exchanged passwords and shit too.

Yeah, it ended in heartbreak. The story is too ridiculous to post here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: