Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 09:25:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338137 Posts in 13843 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Men who play as female characters.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Men who play as female characters.  (Read 8972 times)
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010, 09:41:34 AM »

I play as females most of the time myself, because they are beautiful. ;-;

Also, as far as males go, I think Old Snake in MGS4 has a FINE ass.

... I'm not joking. If I had the ass-muscles he had, I would flex them in the mirror all night long.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:43:36 AM by Dizzy » Logged

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2010, 08:46:57 PM »

I am a man who plays as male characters so I can watch their ass the entire time. There aren't many worth watching, but a few.

To be fair, it's pretty hard to see dat ass through dat armor.

Currently playing through DQIX with my all dude party clad in nothing but Muscle Belts and Boomer Briefs because all bitches and ho's are sluts unless they are covered from head to toe because I am totally secure in my sexual orientation.

Also they can only use fists except in the case of those hand drills because nothing's more manlier than MAXIMUM PENETRATION!!! (save for chariot riding penis monsters) and I'm as straight as the Colorado horizon.

/douchebag

Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. Most of those crazy guys probably just want to be on the other side of the fence because the gr(eat )ass just seems better to them (also, they can't participate in lesbian lovefests no matter what they do).

Besides I don't really care who I play as because nobody has figured out how to write in a video game yet.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2010, 08:47:53 PM »

Generally when I make a character in RPGs, I create them from a "writer's perspective", if that makes any sense. I don't create an image of myself like most people probably do, I think of a character in my mind and create/characterize them in the game. Thus, I play both male and female characters about equally...just depends on my mood.

I find myself able to project myself into the action regardless of my character's gender because when I'm being immersed, it's into the action and not whether my PC has boobs or not.

It's funny how people mention roleplayers are somehow the people to avoid even though roleplaying servers on MMOs generally have more friendly people because they arn't as focused on just grinding the shit out of everything and getting all the best stuff, and more just on having fun.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 08:02:51 PM »

Funny thing about asses in games:

In dragon age I got all the party members but only used a few. I took off all the armor from people I didn't use not knowing they'd all be in the final battle.

That made for some hilarious end game cut scene haps.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2010, 08:34:28 PM »

most dudes i know personally that play female characters is for psychological reasons. like they come from a family with a dominant female presense. or as is the case with my brothers multiple dominant females. it may even effect me since i cant bring myself to play a male character in games where i am given a choice.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 08:53:13 PM »

Typical Female Night Elf in WoW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUOI7BTmmk0
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 12:58:59 AM »

Yeah, there are lots of creeps who play female characters-- but not everyone playing a female character is a creep.

I played a female night elf because I liked the female archer archetype, pretty common fantasy shit-- and the men were all just fucking butt ugly... but when the bloodelves showed up I jumped on the Bishounen ship pretty damn fast.

Personally, the excuse that ''I play females because im attracted to them" makes almost no sense because all these females are designed by dudes? There's almost nothing feminine or attractive about any of them. It's all so blatantly ''male'' oriented that I coulodn't possibly try and get off to it.The last female character that wasn't a total joke to me was Morrigan from Dragon Age. From a JRPG? Never.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 03:18:40 AM »

I did once in Ragnarok to get money from guys.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 01:49:15 PM »

WoW is the worst when it comes to guys playing female characters. The thing that is fucking creepy is that most of the people playing female characters claim they are female, when they are obviously men or boys. I have no idea what would compel someone to do this, but it is one of the reasons I'm trying to stay away from MMO's in general. People are fucking creepy.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 02:05:12 PM »

WoW is the worst when it comes to guys playing female characters. The thing that is fucking creepy is that most of the people playing female characters claim they are female, when they are obviously men or boys. I have no idea what would compel someone to do this, but it is one of the reasons I'm trying to stay away from MMO's in general. People are fucking creepy.

Oh shut the fuck up and stop generalizing.  Do you talk to every single female character in the game and ask them their real gender?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 03:14:25 PM »

Oh shut the fuck up and stop generalizing.  Do you talk to every single female character in the game and ask them their real gender?
I'm pretty sure you play as female characters because male models look awful right?
You don't have to talk to every female character to know that a man is playing it, especially in WoW. You seem to be taking this very seriously, I guess this thread hit a nerve.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »

I'm pretty sure you play as female characters because male models look awful right?
You don't have to talk to every female character to know that a man is playing it, especially in WoW. You seem to be taking this very seriously, I guess this thread hit a nerve.

You can look up all my WoW characters.  Out of 5 of them, only one of them are a female.  In fact, I've already stated this on the first page that I picked a female to just play something different.

Also, that's not what you originally wrote.  It doesn't matter if most of the people playing female characters are male.  You said most of the people who play female characters claim they are female and I simply called you out for being full of shit.  Your snarky reply back just shows it even more.

dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 03:50:56 PM »

In my WoW days my main was female. I really didn't think twice about it and I absolutely picked a female avatar cause I like looking at females.

I had never played an MMO before. I probably wouldn't do it again as a main just because it was a pain in the ass, but I really don't get what is so difficult to believe about the notion of using the criteria "what do I want to look at" when picking what you are going to look at for hours on end.

/shrug

Whatever, I really don't get what the big deal is anyway.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 03:54:05 PM »

During the brief time I played FFXI when I was about 13, I played an Elvaan (sp?) female. No real motive behind it, I didn't even think it was an issue that my avatar was female.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 03:54:32 PM »

Whatever, I really don't get what the big deal is anyway.

There is no big deal.  No one in the games care.  I don't know anyone except Danku and Thoren that care, but I'm guessing that they're just trolling for attention.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: