Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 11:05:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338107 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bastion.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Bastion.  (Read 5063 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 02:25:32 PM »

I'm waiting for the PC version. This should run on pretty much anything so unless you don't have a PC at all you should be able to play this.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 03:11:51 PM »

While it does look like a potentially great gimmick, I can see the whole "drop in world" thing getting old and annoying fairly quickly. Still interested if it ever makes it to the PSN though.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 05:24:04 PM »

Anybody else playing this? It took me some time to warm up to the combat, but I am absolutely loving it.  It's everything I'd want in an XBLA title and more.  The atmosphere is great and the narration makes it a funny little trip.  Also, something about building the world is very Legend of Mana-like (along with the vibrant storybook colors).  I keep finding new things to love about it every step of the way.  I'll admit when I played it at E3 I wasn't wowed, but now that I've really dug into it, I am completely impressed.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:28:59 PM by Kstar » Logged

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2011, 06:46:53 PM »

Definitely want to get this if it comes out for PS3. Though, I plan on buying a new computer (one that could actually handle it) sometime in the next 12 months, so I'll just get it on that if things look too grim.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2011, 09:21:13 PM »

I'm waiting for the PC version. This should run on pretty much anything so unless you don't have a PC at all you should be able to play this.

Which means me: Mac x3,  PC x0. And I'm too cheap and indifferent to bootcamp. My computers are workhorses anyway, gaming is restricted to consoles. Thankfully, 360 is me.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2011, 11:10:28 PM »

Bought it on the website after seeing someone say that I'd get The Maw free if I did.  Just gotta wait until I get back to my 360 on Monday to play it...

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Furymasterzero
Military Gamer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 05:56:14 AM »

Yeah, I'm also playing it right now.  I find it to be highly enjoyable.  I've been anticipating it for a while, so it was nice to finally play it.  Once you get used to it and see how the design is, it's easy and fun to play. The narrator is a nice touch and it doesn't do absolutely everything you do, which is fine.  It's a unique touch that I don't find to be too intrusive.  The music is good, and the visuals are stunning.  For a downloadable title I have to say, it definitely rates among the better ones.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2011, 06:12:51 PM »

This game's phenomenal soundtrack is now available for download at $10.  $15 gets you a CD instead that ships in September, with an immediate download after your payment is processed so you can enjoy now and receive your physical copy later.

http://supergiantgames.bandcamp.com/
Morwan

Herniated Dick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 04:19:46 PM »

Picked it up on Steam yesterday. Best game I've played in a long time, it's incredibly nostalgic, beautiful, and combat is genuinely enjoyable. What's really amazing is how every weapon feels different- you get 4+ types of guns and they all have their own uses.

The best part is that it fulfills my JRPG nostalgia without the ridiculous grinds or walls of texts that drive me crazy. If you liked any of the Secret of games, you owe it to yourself to pick it up.

Soundtrack is $5 on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/107104/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_1

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: