Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 07:13:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334677 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Fucked up Majora's Mask
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fucked up Majora's Mask  (Read 1428 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 01:21:58 PM »

Have any of you read about the suicide mouse story? That's pretty wierd too.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 04:29:42 PM »

this thread is making me start to wonder if atlus gets ideas for urban legends online
maybe things like the midnight channel and dark hour were actual rumors found online or maybe in real life

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »

Probably fake although Pokemon Red/Blue glitched out like that. Including the music fucking up in BIZARRE ways.

also Metroid's secret worlds :(((

(repeat story about how walljumping gave me an existential crisis when I was seven)

--

Oh, I really want to pick up Majora's Mask sometime, and maybe an N64. Although I'm always paranoid about the save batteries on old carts dying and then I'd have to emulate it anyway but at least I wouldn't have any moral concerns, I guess, but then you get into the whole issue with N64 games not really being playable with anything but controllers, so it's like, well damn, I could get the GC issue, but apparently the built-in GC emulator makes Majora's Mask glitch and crash sometimes, so like, I'm basically screwed either way.

In any case I thought OoT and TP were both creepy as hell. Actually, LttP is like the only Zelda I DIDN'T find even remotely unnerving and maybe that's why I don't like it very much.

Okay, I just remembered that the Wind Waker series exists. WW was creepy even if I didn't like it nearly as much as OoT or TP. Can't vouch for the DS games or Minish Cap. I DID find the GBC games... not necessarily creepy but kind of... strange and melancholic.

Zelda 1 and 2? Creepiest games in the series. Zelda 1 just takes place in this hugenormous wasteland where everyone is living in caves. Zelda 2... Here let me get a picture.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/497/zeldahell.png

Seriously. Someone from Scott Sharkey's webforum pointed that out awhile ago.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:14:55 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 11:53:46 PM »

Haha!  Amazing points about the graveyard world.

I always found the NPCs of Ocarina/Majora fucken frightening.
The first case I can readily think about it the motherfucking Windmill man.  His song is...somewhat eerie, haunting (and kinda catchy), but after you speed it up for him, he all of a sudden becomes crazy fucking pissed off, white-only eyes, the place is marked as a "?" like it has some sort of underlying secret.  OoT's Kakariko was pretty bizarre as is.  I don't think one resident was normal.  You have the Skellatulla House as all cobwebs and cursed jumping jack men, a potion witch, a shadow temple, and a dead grave keeper.

Nier at least made it feel like the Apocalypse or human extinction was soon to come (less crops, villager's complaints that so-and-so have died, people missing, disease).  But with Ocarina of Time - it felt as though hell was set loose in the future when half the fucken land has died or been worse off than they started.  Hyrule turned to hell, the Ranch goes under lockdown, the zoras are frozen, the gerudo won't let you look at them, etc. 

The other games are still just as merciless with their characters.
I actually think Twilight Princess' Castle Town and Kakariko are the safest I ever felt in a Zelda game.  The rest usually have some sort of impending threat.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 12:53:44 AM »

That's insane. I come to the boards for the first time in months and now I'm going to have nightmares because someone decided to mess with a Majora's Mask ROM. I had nightmares about Majora's Mask without viewing hack videos!

But at the same time, you all bring up a good point in that most Zelda games have some sort of perpetual sense of doom hanging in the atmosphere.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: