Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 10:15:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327218 Posts in 13396 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Halo: Reach
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Halo: Reach  (Read 1465 times)
Omnifinity

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: September 12, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »

Obviously, I'm a newcomer, so I decided to put my name out there by starting a thread that may appeal to a few of us. Botched intro aside, who else is picking up this title?
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:00:45 PM »

Why create an account just to post about an FPS on an RPG website? Oh well....

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Omnifinity

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:14:41 PM »

There is no "just". You shouldn't assume that all I had in mind was a post about an upcoming FPS.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 12:10:28 AM »

They'll probably give Halo: Reach the GOTY award on this site. It's just that good.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 08:44:44 PM »

Like a damned fool I started a thread on this in another forum.

Botched thread starting on my part I am getting this. It looks like a ton of fun. Some odd storyline turns aside, and say what you will about ODST, Bungie puts together some tight games and really support their multiplayer with fun game modes.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 08:47:16 PM »

ODST may've had the most entertaining Halo campaign I've played, so I catually can't get why some people don't like it or outright hate it.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 08:50:58 PM »

Same here. Some of the level design in the city part wasn't that great but I had a blast playing it.

I love the soundtrack as well. I put on "More than his share" while running and it totally rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeO0T9yjAh8

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 01:42:15 AM »

Just beat the multiplayer. Can't wait for the DLC map packs.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 06:09:28 AM »

I've been playing quite a bit since launch and It's probably my favorite campaign so far in the series.  The co-op makes it all the better and the new armor abilities in multi-player add some much needed depth. And as always, the soundtrack is superb.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 01:01:07 PM »

Heh, I played through the entire Halo series about a week ago (took me 2 weeks), for the first time. ODST struck me the same way as what you're describing Kup. Having just played 1,2 and 3, ODST really stuck out, having a very "smooth" vibe to it, and featuring lots of character and emotion (all Firefly of course). It was the first campaign to have missions other than "kill everyone and get to next area". It had "protect the ____" missions, it had "survive the onslaught" type missions, etc. Yeah, some of the night missions got repetitive and a little lonely, but it kept with the feel of the game too. I remember when ODST, a lot of critics panned it as not living up to the other 3. Honestly, I thought it was probably my favorite, except for maybe 2.

Is Reach more similar to ODST in that regard?

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 10:03:57 PM »

^I'm going to say yes to that.  As you're playing REACH, the characters are a lot "chattier" and your learning the story as you play. There's a lot of talk and chatter over the radio as well, There are cut-scenes to be sure but they never seem intrusive to the gameplay. As I said in another post, the armor abilities add something new to the game and it's not just in multiplayer. I could say more but there are lots of reviews that give better info.  The jetpack is fantastic in multiplayer I might add.  Makes you feel like Bobba Fett:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 01:17:03 PM »

The scaling difficulty on co-op is ridiculous. The first group of elites my friend and I came across basically took us to school. Seriously. They built little chairs and desks and taught us math. (on legendary)

Switching between campaign heroic (decent challenge but not frustrating) and various multiplayer variants. I really dig this game.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 04:48:39 PM »

Yeah its a good game. The single player for the whole series is overrated in my opinion, Reach and ODST being good though. But, no matter how much you hate Halo, you can not deny that the multiplayer has the best setup for any game on the consoles. It is not only fun and glitch free, but name another game where you can literally jump into a match less than a minute of turning on your Xbox.
I just hate the all the Reach multiplayer maps are either single player maps or "remade" maps from earlier games. Talk about fucking lazy.
Game is awesome though, loving the multiplayer.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 01:18:25 PM »

Multiplayer is so damn addicting.

Rocket firefight mode rules.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 05:30:06 PM »

Question for those who beat it. I just finished that lone wolf mission, got a pretty cool little cutscene and it went to the scoring screen.

I heard there was some stuff after the credits but how the hell do i get that when it just goes to the end mission screen?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: