Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:58:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319703 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Arc Rise Fantasia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Arc Rise Fantasia  (Read 7374 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2010, 02:45:25 PM »

Lately, Wii games are letterboxed in 4:3.  There is no reason for it  I switch from widescreen to 4:3 for the increase in visual quality, then games like ARF and Other M force it... I think the devs are too lazy to design for two perspectives, seriously.

Well, it may be hard to accommodate both, but it can also be due to wanting a more cinematic approach. At any rate it's a reason I wanted to get a widescreen TV, a 14 inch TV is small enough as it was but it's effectively smaller when the top and bottom are disregarded.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »

About 10 hours in and at
Code:
The skywalk subshrine

Based on a FAQ I looked at, I have a lot to do left in this game. How long has the average person taken to finish this game?

I do like the Talesness to this game, it's quirky and cute without being overly serious, however the biggest issue I have is that I never feel like I'm getting stronger in the game. The orb system is interesting, but requires some investment, and I haven't gotten enough orbs yet to really develop my magic skills.
OkamiGeisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2010, 11:45:24 PM »

About 10 hours in and at
Code:
The skywalk subshrine

Based on a FAQ I looked at, I have a lot to do left in this game. How long has the average person taken to finish this game?

You're really good at it, and hence probably quite under-leveled.  I haven't picked it up in several weeks, but I think it took me over 40 hours to beat and ended up over level 70.  I was around level 60 where you are now.   About that time, I ended up reseting my orbs for most of the party, level 1 and 2 magic are pretty useless unless combined toward the end of the game.  If you have at least 2 party members with level 4 magic, you're in a good place.  Never once did I make a orb from shards.. I never had 5 of any one kind.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 11:47:51 PM by OkamiGeisha » Logged
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2010, 09:32:56 AM »

It took me about 65 hours or so to finish it (after doing all of the Guild side-quests). I haven't done any of the post game stuff yet, and I probably missed some non-Guild related side-quests too.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: