Author Topic: New Devil May Cry, bitches.

CDFN

• View Profile
Re: New Devil May Cry, bitches.
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2010, 03:42:22 PM »
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 04:59:45 PM by kyuusei »
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »
Is this Devil May Cry 5 or is this a spin-off subseries?

This is neither DmC 5 nor a spin off. It is a retelling of Dante’s origin story.

Now I understand. This game is basically Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, a reimagining of the original game for people who doesn't know or care or haven't played the previous games of the series (in other words, an easy way too make money). That means that I no longer care about this game!

Ninja Gaiden 3 here I come!!

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2010, 04:53:41 PM »
Now I understand. This game is basically Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, a reimagining of the original game for people who doesn't know or care or haven't played the previous games of the series (in other words, an easy way too make money). That means that I no longer care about this game!

That's probably jumping to conclusions since DMC3's closer to an origin story anyway... and I doubt they could play with the original game's narrative as SM did with SH1's anyway.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2010, 06:04:52 PM »

That's probably jumping to conclusions since DMC3's closer to an origin story anyway... and I doubt they could play with the original game's narrative as SM did with SH1's anyway.

He says it's a retelling of his origin so basically he's asking us to forget everything that happened untill now. Why do this in the first place? If they wanted a young dante why not create a game that takes place right after DMC3? They had to know that this would piss off the fans.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »
He says it's a retelling of his origin so basically he's asking us to forget everything that happened untill now. Why do this in the first place? If they wanted a young dante why not create a game that takes place right after DMC3? They had to know that this would piss off the fans.

I meant more specifically that it's a retelling of ANY DMC, not simply a completely new story with the express intent of retelling a game.

Uru

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2010, 09:58:10 AM »
Man, I loved Heavenly Sword. I thought Enslaved wasn't quite up to HS's level, but still loved it. The acting in HS and Enslaved makes it stand out above all others, a lot of people dont like the games cause NT's combat always rewards defensiveness and not button mashing. Andy Serkis is a god.

A big NO to that. HS battle system rewards button mashing above anything else. I can agree that NG or the more recent LoS rewards strategic play and defensive play but HS does not. Myself included in those "a lot of people", didn't like the game simply because it was bland, had uninspired parts and was really really really short.

Did you play heavenly sword? In order to block and counter (which were one hit kills most of the time) you couldnt press any offensive button. If thats not defensive gameplay, I have no fucking idea what im talking about. Also, the combos had timing structures built into them (kinda like DMC), you could button mash if you wanted to but then you just look like a tool playing the game.

RicJFNas

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2011, 09:44:16 AM »
I'm a big fan of the DMC, and I gotta say I was pretty shocked that Dante's apperaence was changed to "that" sigh. Let's just hope they don't screw up the rest, thogh I wonder how they will make an origin story if DMC3 is already one.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2011, 05:27:15 PM »
I'm a big fan of the DMC, and I gotta say I was pretty shocked that Dante's apperaence was changed to "that" sigh. Let's just hope they don't screw up the rest, thogh I wonder how they will make an origin story if DMC3 is already one.

That's my brother, I only found out that he started posting here when I read this... Oh well, welcome to the board man.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2011, 05:37:35 PM »

Good point, man. We already have a prequel. Now we're getting another one? How is that gonna work?

MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

insertnamehere

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2011, 08:46:03 AM »
How can we have a second prequel?
Easy, go backwards in time from DMC3.

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2011, 11:00:11 PM »
Capcom aiming to make 'the perfect Devil May Cry' / Publisher reassures fans of DMC 90-plus review score goal

"Combine all the best elements of Capcom and Ninja Theory you will have one of the greatest DMC titles ever created... and that people is what we're working towards."

"But we haven't handed over the family silver to some strangers we are working with Ninja Theory on this together. We believe that by going down this route we can breathe new life into the franchise and make a game that sits above DMC3 for this generation."

Yep, this is really happening. They are making a game for the media not for the fans/consumer with all of these "we want a 9.0 IGN, Gamespot, etc". They still haven't showed the game in action yet so... is time to give benefit of the doubt on this one?

...maybe they are just saying that they are doing their best with the "best than DMC3, and DmC is going to be a 9.0 game" statements.

Farron

• View Profile
    • Mayonaka Reviews
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2011, 05:59:26 AM »
I think giving DMC to Ninja Theory is the biggest mistake Capcom could have made.
With this new Dante, engine and all they will probably alienate DMC fans because I bet the game will be laggy like HS and Enslaved with weird controls, like their two previous games.
The possible new consumers will not care just like they didn't care for Enslaved which in my opinion was a really bad game with great acting and good graphics (but with bad framerate).

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2011, 06:39:17 AM »
UE3 is pretty much a guarantee of a poor framerate on PS3. Even though enslaved is one of the most recent games to use it it's also one of the poorest implementations on the PS3. Hell, heavenly sword also had a crappy framerate and it was designed with only the PS3 in mind.
Looking at DMC's gameplay when it's at its best and comparing it to HS and Enslaved... yeah, this will be an epic fail.

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »

Sise-Neg

• Conquerer of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »
http://kotaku.com/5638588/new-devil-may-crys-debut-trailer

Looks sweet but I don't like his hair being black. /nitpick

Ninja Theory's doing it. Apparently Capcom wanted a more 'western' take on the game.... Should be interesting.

Ninja Theory, eh? They did a fantastic job with Heavenly Sword, and while I dislike the fact that they decided not to make a sequel, I'm glad they're taking control of the next DMC.
Conqueror of the Cosmos